Under the Skin (2014)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Jasker

Yellow Officer Title
Wheres the god damn spoiler tag

--- Spoiler Alert ---

The scene where the two dudes touch in the liquid trap because they both know they're dying and the one guy explodes into skin and it floats around
The scene with the elephant like man

Those two scenes were pretty fucking horrifying. I dare someone to cite a specific example in cinema that is more horrifying than that pool scene. I've seen a shit ton of horror and sci films and nothing compares to that. Hell razor and that cube thing is the only thing that comes to mind as potential competitors

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Fucking Eraserhead beats everything. That movie grossed me the fuck out.

Szlia

This movie is exceptional. I am not sure it's exceptional in a good way, but it certainly is. For me the strength of the movie, that can very well be perceived as a weakness by some, is that it almost totally discards the plot of the book. In the first two thirds of the film it becomes only about alien entomology (with homo sapiens sapiens as the insects). This create a very strange tension (fueled by a dissonant soundtrack by Mica Levy doing her best Ligeti impersonation and by Taxicab Confessions style improvisation) where suddenly everything is about prey/hunter, manipulation, lust/temptation. The last third is about empathy with the humans and trying to become one... it does not work as well in my book (notably because the chatty character becomes withdrawn - possibly running out of energy), but it's still firmly in OFNI territory.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
There's apost on Redditwhere a guy did a comparison of her boobs over the last few years. It was kinda creepy and awesome at the same time.
lol, reminded me of my neighbor, the boobs part, when we were kids,s he didnt really have any, as she got to her early 20's to late 30's they got huge! Then again, she had 2 kids. lol

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Film had nice cinematography, but overall was kind of boring. Also posting while drunk is bad.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
WTF? That's some Goliath/Mr. Morrow Girl level shit right there, no joke. Ease off the Ritalin bro!

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Fucking sucked. 👎👎👎

Great premise ruined by execution. Like film school level editing. Casting non-actors. Aside from Scarlett's tits / ass (body double?) everything is awful.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user