Underrated/Overrated Video Games

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Overrated: Grand Theft Auto 4. Game is sluggish AF and kinda looks terrible now on modern TVs (yeah, I know someone modded a 4K version, but I have it on PS3). The characters don't really interest me, everything looks dull and grey/brown (it was the late 2000's so of course). Doesn't have any of the "magic" that the earlier ones had. Like I never have any moment with it where I go "wow" at anything. It's the only GTA I haven't beaten, but I'd like to.
I can't agree with this enough.

With the exception of graphics, this was a huge step down from San Andreas

Going around on foot, the controls felt awkward as hell.

SA even felt more immersive because you could customize your character (clothes, weight, haircuts, beards, etc)

Basically almost everything that made San Andreas fun, they sucked out of 4

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Overrated
1. All the Final Fantasy games except the MMOs, which I mostly enjoyed. Boring, Weebo nonsense. I just don't get it. Have never been able to stomach any of the SP games for more than 12-20 hours.

2. Starfield. Infinite procedural generated boredom. A master class in emptiness. Not one interesting thing discovered in the 40 hours before I gave up.

Underrated
1.Elite Dangerous. Sure, they fucked this game up with the retarded FPS module but I spent hundreds of hours exploring the stars with my son. Loved the quiet. Recognize that many would complain here about what I complain about in #2 above, but I never found it like that. Ambient music, little weed, off to mine or visit a black hole. Fun times in deep space.

2. Ready or Not. Pretty much the perfect squad-based game. Hours of fun. Shooting drug dealers never gets old. Seems to be getting more buzz now that it is in full release. Good.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Overrated
1. All the Final Fantasy games except the MMOs, which I mostly enjoyed. Boring, Weebo nonsense. I just don't get it. Have never been able to stomach any of the SP games for more than 12-20 hours.
If only the entire rest of the world was enlightened as you.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Lebron James What GIF by SB Nation

What part do you disagree with? ...all of it?

I can't agree with this enough.

With the exception of graphics, this was a huge step down from San Andreas

Going around on foot, the controls felt awkward as hell.

Glad I'm not the only one who isn't crazy about GTA4. Well, a friend of mine who is a GTA fanatic decided to help me finish the game since he's hyped about GTA6 stuff, so we're gonna have a few Saturday game sessions and try to finish the game. Maybe I'll like it more by the end.

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
If only the entire rest of the world was enlightened as you.
You might find this notion insane, but just because I don't believe the same thing as other people, I don't always believe those people are stupid or unenlightened. Just as I don't believe that my point of view is especially enlightened or clever. Sometimes people have different tastes and experiences and that's just...ok. Shocking eh?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You might find this notion insane, but just because I don't believe the same thing as other people, I don't always believe those people are stupid or unenlightened. Just as I don't believe that my point of view is especially enlightened or clever. Sometimes people have different tastes and experiences and that's just...ok. Shocking eh?
No, it isn't ok.

Welcome to the internet.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user