Upcoming Games of 2014

Scyfi

N00b
Really annoying when new games aren't for the PS4/xb1. I don't remember this happening last time. I seem to recall new system came out and everything there after was for the new system.

Also due to the x86 chips in the XB1 and PS4 doesn't that mean any game for the PC should be easy to port over? I just don't feel like playing Dark Souls 2, and lightning returns on PS3 while my new $400 ps4 sits idle next to it, seems ill planned.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
With Gaikai it will eventually be a "pointless difference" if they do ALL titles on Gaikai like they've implied. But on PS2 -> PS3 there was still PS2 games coming out for 18 months or so if memory serves.

Toxxulian_sl

shitlord
Really annoying when new games aren't for the PS4/xb1. I don't remember this happening last time. I seem to recall new system came out and everything there after was for the new system.

Also due to the x86 chips in the XB1 and PS4 doesn't that mean any game for the PC should be easy to port over? I just don't feel like playing Dark Souls 2, and lightning returns on PS3 while my new $400 ps4 sits idle next to it, seems ill planned.
Yeah it's really dumb. Didn't know DS2 was coming out for ps3/360 4 months after the next gen has started. Idiots.

Vorph

Does it matter? DkS2's PC version will be out on the same day and superior in performance, graphics, price, etc.

And Scy is indeed mistaken. The same thing happened last gen, and probably every other one before it. Smaller studios (and some big studios that are either cheap or not being paid by Sony/MS to help pad the launch game lists) want to get one last game out using their old engine, assets, etc.

Doesn't bother me at all. I'm not expecting there to be a I-must-buy-a-PS4-now game until at least the middle of 2015 anyway.

But on PS2 -> PS3 there was still PS2 games coming out for 18 months or so if memory serves.
Longer, even. PS3 came out in November of 2006 and the last PS2 games were released mid-2009. (I'm ignoring the handful of annual sports games that continued supporting it, as well as FFXI.) Atlus in particular released several SMT games--Persona 3, P3FES, P4, Devil Summoner 2--during that time period, and they'll be doing it again with Persona 5, which is a PS3 game unlikely to be released here before the middle of 2015.

Morbeas

Silver Squire
Is it me or does this list look a little light for a brand new console encompassing a whole year?s worth of releases?

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Obviously more release dates will be announced...
Yeah, I have to think we haven't really seen but a portion of what's to come for both next gen consoles - besides, a lot of studios are just finishing tying the knots on the last of their PS3/360 releases. It will probably be a couple of years (like 2 or 3, I guess) before you start to find yourself in more of a PS4/XB1 world. Even then, this generation doesn't have backwards compatibility so I suspect PS3s and XB360s are here for a while.

Toxxulian_sl

shitlord
I can understand releasing for ps3 as well as the ps4 or the 360 as well as the xb1 but not just the ps3 / 360. What BF4 did was expected, what GT6 did was stupid.

It's a little different when the ps3 came out, it could still play the ps2 games coming out. Right now they expect us to keep playing our ps3 / 360 even if we have a ps4 / xb1 which is just stupid.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I heard the deal for the gt series was for 2 games per console thus no ps4 version from a guy I work with, no clue if that's true or not

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Makes me hella sad not seeing one decent RPG in the first half of the year considering this year sucked balls for RPG's. I guess Castlevania will do for now.

Vorph

Rumor has it GT7 was being developed in parallel with GT6 and it will be out for the PS4 by the end of 2014. I tend to believe most of that, given that GT6 is basically just GT5 with a better UI and advancement system. The idea that PD will release an entirely new game on time is absurd though. Whatever their intentions are, everyone knows it will get delayed at least 2 or 3 times before they finally ship it.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
I am still not excited about gaikai. They need to release some cost information. If we have to pay a monthly fee to access shit we already paid for I don't think I'll bother. It isn't a big deal just leaving my PS3 hooked up for older games.

Vaclav

I am still not excited about gaikai. They need to release some cost information. If we have to pay a monthly fee to access shit we already paid for I don't think I'll bother. It isn't a big deal just leaving my PS3 hooked up for older games.
PS+ from all the current data seems likely the only cost besides owning the title in digital form. (Disc theoretically possible)

Gaikai is supposedly how Remote Play works with the Vita right now for 100% free after all.

PabstOban_sl

shitlord
Who do you gotta bone for a good old fashion 2D Castlevania... none of this 2D'ish with 3D flourishes nonsense. Straight up Symphony of the Night with higher resolution and frame rate.