Upcoming Games of 2014

Morbeas

Silver Squire
The point is to have something to play (besides FIFA) when friends come over. Hell, even my wife wants to race sometimes and not having split screen just sucks!

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Its usually not worth getting hyped over the next gen until the 2nd Xmas season its out, since the first is usually infested with half-assed launch titles and the system still has to prove itself.

By the 2nd holiday season, you can usually get the same console for cheaper WITH good games bundled. If they were backwards compatible, getting one early would be justified, but that doesn't seem to be the case for anything other than the Wii U.

Who do you gotta bone for a good old fashion 2D Castlevania... none of this 2D'ish with 3D flourishes nonsense. Straight up Symphony of the Night with higher resolution and frame rate.
A lot of indie games these days pretty much do that, just have to look outside the Castlevania series. Most of them have some sort of different gameplay quirk, but that just adds a flavor of uniqueness. The basic formula is still there, though. Rogue Legacy, SteamWorld Dig, Teslagrad, and Mark of the Ninja for example.

The handhelds also have some titles of the same style.

I'm really not sure what to do about all the upcoming Indie games that are scheduled to release this year, there's a lot of them and their release dates are totally TBA. Maybe I'll just post the "big" ones like The Witness and Transistor.
You can stick to the ones that are cross-platform unless its a major PC release or something.

spronk

FPS noob

definitely not gonna buy teso at launch, but I wonder if I get the ps4 on sale if the same account will be playable on pc or not

Needless

Toe Sucker
They probably should have made that a top 15, considering the last handful are TBA at best, and the last one not even being mentioned... at all.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Deep Down is in NYC in 2084? What...? They clarified they weren't kidding too... please tell me that doesn't end up being factual that's just too damn weird if it's basically an AC type storyline for it where you're doing an "Animus" type thing to play in the past...

Vorph

I think that's just their way of justifying the existence of a hub system for a bunch of procedurally generated dungeons. I don't get the impression that the game is going to have much in the way of story, given its focus on F2P co-op.

Vaclav

Its not a gamebreaker for me or anything but just sounds so forced stupidly.

Could use plenty of hub reasoning and stay medieval/fantasy.

Del

Vyemm Raider
Might & Magic X: Legacy is due out January 23. Looking forward to it!

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Please be good, MM:X, please.

I haven't played a decent oldschool dungeon crawler since Etrian Odyssey II (III and IV were basically reskins and the added outdoor areas did nothing for the game imho). Twisted, complex dungeons where you wonder "where is the door for the key I found (or vice versa). Not the fast food stuff they give you nowadays.

I haven't spoiled myself with the alpha/beta releases on steam. How does it play, anyone know?

Vaclav

IPTorrents has MM:X up if you want to "Early Access" without a cost involved FYI. Although like all pirates should suggest, if you like it after trying it that way, please purchase it.

Vorph

Murdered: Soul Suspect finally has a release date -- June 3rd.

Vaclav

Child of Light has a date and price - $15 April 30 with cross buy on PS3/4 digital only in the US, deluxe retail edition in EMEA looks nice but we're not getting it here...