Upcoming Patch: Druid & Shaman Changes, Classic Mob and Weapon Models Added

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I understand your point. I'm just saying that they could have improved the appearance to a great extent without losing it's identity and familiarity. Now I understand that probably couldn't have done anything like this but I still think their greatest mistake in these redesigns is moving too far away from their original appearance.

WestFreeport_zps0kimerot.jpg

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I wouldn't care if new freeport had the same layout, but maybe merged north in and/or expanded with the new por stuff, or a south fp with por stuff...

Instead, the only zone MORE tedious to get around is katta castellum, but that zone appears to be deliberate about it. Freeport is just bad design and does not make sense. I don't care how it looks. I care that it's basically a bunch of self sustained and walled off areas that arbitrarily do or don't connect and the "main roadway" is whatever awkward dead space is between these enclaves, and requires circling around the useless walled shit to get from a to b.

kudos

<Banned>
I feel like Freeport would be changed by now if they had any group of people left that actually cared about the game and didn't mind spending their free time on such a project.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Do we know anyone that works there anymore? I had a friend there but he left in december. I could have a go at converting the old zones to a new format if that's what the holdup is. I guess I'd need to know what format they would want the data in.

kudos

<Banned>
Do we know anyone that works there anymore? I had a friend there but he left in december. I could have a go at converting the old zones to a new format if that's what the holdup is. I guess I'd need to know what format they would want the data in.

Making the zone isn't the hard part. It's integrating all the back end stuff like NPC placement and pathing that is going to be a bitch.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Placeables are in the data, but I don't know if patrol routes are in there. Are they using an old style A* grid or a more modern navmeshy approach? I guess all that would only be on the server.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Hmm now that I think about it, pretty sure it is node based. If you think about the way you can back up slowly and an enemy will run to a node, then back to you.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Apparently still ways to get through, not sure though. Used to be able to run into door, go LD, log back in and hold forward before character loaded and pop through? lol

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Apparently still ways to get through, not sure though. Used to be able to run into door, go LD, log back in and hold forward before character loaded and pop through? lol

Yea, you could force through doors like the Siren's Grotto port, but that's so annoying to do.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider

Posting the method here will get it nerfed 100% and its still something you want to use heavily in all expansions on Agnarr. Thankfully its so odd to do both methods that it should last us for Agnarr.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
yeah pm me it tho i want to know! gotta farm dem hiero cloaks and yeah rip private forum