Upgrade (2018)

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
I enjoyed it very much. I especially like how the CG served the story and the setting and wasn't like bukakke all over the fuckin screen.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Somehow missed this one. Only 12 mil at box office? I assumed it musta net atleast 200+ after watching. it wasn’t some artsy indie film , which are usually the ones that are well reviewed but don’t make any money. This one shoulda made a lot more. Didn’t feel low budget at all so not sure how it was only 4mil to mak

• 1Like

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Somehow missed this one. Only 12 mil at box office? I assumed it musta net atleast 200+ after watching. it wasn’t some artsy indie film , which are usually the ones that are well reviewed but don’t make any money. This one shoulda made a lot more. Didn’t feel low budget at all so not sure how it was only 4mil to mak

I'm guessing it probably got jacked out the theatre by infinity war and Deadpool 2. I know it was only on screen for like 4 days before they gave that theater back to Infinity War.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
This movie was pretty darn cool. I don't know if I want a sequel because I thought the ending was perfect.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
the owner of blumhouse really liked it and has plans for a sequel

• 2Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
What is the point of a sequel?
Main character wakes up from his forced dream?

• 1Like

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
What is the point of a sequel?
Main character wakes up from his forced dream?

Only thing I can think of off the top of my head would be like an Alien to Aliens escalation.

From a single man hunting for the truth/revenge onto a movie about a Post-Human/Cyborg Apocalypse. STEM rounding up and controlling/influencing all the enhanced vs the normies in some kind of more human Terminator scenario.

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You could take the sequel in about 10 different directions, and almost all of them would be awesome. As long as they get the same writer, director, and actor, it should be a home run.

Low-budget Tom Hardy is pretty awesome. He did a great job in this role.

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
pshh, only real ninjas remember his most iconic moment

This movie looks sick, i need to watch it once TI is done

• 1Like

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Low budget Tom hardy did an amazing job.
I was really impressed by LBTH’s movement post STEM and how he really made it look like his limbs were being controlled artificially

• 2Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yeah that was the thing that impressed me the most. Definitely some cinematography help, but he did a fantastic job emulating a puppet.

• 2Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Watched this last night and agree that it's a great movie. They left it open enough for a sequel, but I'm glad that they told a complete story in one movie instead of making a "universe" or trilogy as new IPs are wont to do these days.

• 2Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Not sure if this is something I missed, but

Isn't his mom still a loose end?

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Not sure if this is something I missed, but

Isn't his mom still a loose end?
Probably, but would've been pointless to bother with it from a story standpoint.

Anyway, I thought this was a pretty fun movie. I felt it was a combination of Six Million Dollar Man and Knight Rider.

Loved the ending. If there is a sequel I'd rather just have it take place within this universe rather than be specifically about Grey and STEM.

• 2Like