Uthgard returns! (Classic DAOC EMU with high population)

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
yeah the queue is killing my will to play, over 2 hours in queue stuck at 1166 out of 2052 or so for a while now. WTB priority login!

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Queue is super rough on weekends during EU prime time. Cleans up by 8-9 EST. Earlier than that on weeknights. Devs have said they're looking to expand the cap and I suspect some people will burn out over the next few weeks.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I was on a horse, will be interesting to see where I end up.

I bought a house lot. That was probably unwise.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
To my understanding, a house is pretty much just for people who want to list things for sale right? I quit classic DAOC before houses came out and never owned one on Uth 1.0.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
There's a spot for a crafting station, and vaults that can be shared. Makes it easier to transfer stuff to alts.

In the real daoc you could release from dying to your house, and then the house could have teleporter npcs that send you to a few locations. Not sure if any of that will be in this.

I'm a long way from being able to afford the house itself, but I got a lot in a spot I like in Arncliffe.

Well that didn't last long. Also trophies! I already got one of a big silver drake from Lyonesse.

Last edited:

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I am an idiot. Found and killed that fire ant trophy mob near lyonesse. Inventory was full so no remains :(

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaka

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Almost level 7, the grind is real!

What class are you playing? I can craft Cloth/Leather/Studded armor. I can keep an eye out for a specific weapon type that'd be sure to last you to high 20s.

Try asking on the newbie guild chat if anyone has any hand-me-down gear. Specify what you need (leather, piercing, etc etc). A lot of people are playing farming characters and won't give a shit about tossing you a decent weapon.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Cleric, Khar hooked me up with cherts and a decent hammer for level 10 or so. I solo OK, grouping is better obviously.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
My leveling has been outpacing my salvaging ability. Spent the morning crafting. I'm glad I looked up the best way to do it, as I had forgotten and was making studded to raise metalworking while tailoring.

Apparently you should do leather armor all the way, trinket woodworking and metalworking to 500, then raise your level 1 weaponmaking and armorcrafting to boost the secondaries. I did it a bit to get stuff into the 600's. Pretty cool that you can crank wood and metal by making bronze weapons for copper pieces.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
My leveling has been outpacing my salvaging ability. Spent the morning crafting. I'm glad I looked up the best way to do it, as I had forgotten and was making studded to raise metalworking while tailoring.

Apparently you should do leather armor all the way, trinket woodworking and metalworking to 500, then raise your level 1 weaponmaking and armorcrafting to boost the secondaries. I did it a bit to get stuff into the 600's. Pretty cool that you can crank wood and metal by making bronze weapons for copper pieces.

Motog's Crafting Calculator - Help Page - Trinket Guide

I've been using this.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Walking back to the computer to see that the queue crashed is pretty terrible. Back to 1500!

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Same happened to me. Got a couple decent groups the past 2 nights. Hit 32 and have 7 levels worth of points to train.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Nice man, I got so burnt on bad groups I quit trying for a while. May have to reevaluate that though, soloing is pretty slow