Utnayan Backlog Challenge: Part 3 ends Feb 28

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Another game with my son that we started over Christmas break just finishing now... 10 hours according to HTLB, but I'm sure it took us twice as long just goofing around in fun levels, plus he likes to "kill bosses" over and over again so we end up playing boss levels a lot.

1645496500024.png

1645496518682.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart complete, puts me at 23+11 = 34 so far. I must have been in a foul mood the first time I tried this a few months back because I dismissed it as solely for kids. This go around, none of that annoyed me and I got to experience solid gameplay with lots of fun guns to shoot in some crazy good looking levels. Enjoyed it so much I went for the plat.

ratchetclank-riftapart.jpg

ratchetclank-riftapartHLTB.jpg

CompletedCropped.png

• 4Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart complete, puts me at 23+11 = 34 so far. I must have been in a foul mood the first time I tried this a few months back because I dismissed it as solely for kids. This go around, none of that annoyed me and I got to experience solid gameplay with lots of fun guns to shoot in some crazy good looking levels. Enjoyed it so much I went for the plat.

View attachment 399780

View attachment 399781

View attachment 399782

Yeah this one is really good, enough so for me to go for the plat. Unfortunately one of the few trophies I missed requires a full game replay (the "do all puzzle sections" one, because I skipped a few of the glitch areas later on). So I probably won't get back to it for a while.

20220224_060935.jpg

Metalhead Metalhead I did it! Beat Breath of Fire 4 while getting caught up on RLM. I was about two thirds through it before, but it took WORK to get to the end. Like 20 hours or so this week.

20220224_060436.jpg

Ryu goes super saiyan in the ending, lul.

Speaking of Ryu, he's like 60% of your group's DPS at the end...until they make him useless on the final battles unless you have all the dragon forms, one of which is completely missable...and I missed it, so I was utterly screwed. Still managed to beat the final bosses, it just took like 2 hours for the fights without Ryu being able to contribute much.

20220224_062037.jpg

All in all I liked BOF1 and 3 waaaaay more than 4, and found 4 to be full of problems. But at least I finally finished it after five years of chipping at it. Someday I'll go back and play 2, funny how the best one is the one I totally missed.

1643772173862.png

Also that was one of my last 3 unbeaten PS1 games, and the one I've been the most unable to get into over time. So it's a good thing to cap off this month with, sorta like Spirit Tracks last month (what a relief to have that one finally done).

88+36 puts me at 124

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Things pretty much winding down around here? I was thinking about running the challenge in March or April, but not if interest isn't there. At the very least I do think we should keep a backlog post going for people to talk about stuff they finally knocked off their lists and keep cheering each other on.

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
No, I wouldn't say things are winding down. Compared to other months we have 1 or 2 less people participating is all.

It's pretty clear you've got the HLTB category wrapped up, and well done to you on that front. I liked the idea of the point system, but given that most people participating are only single game entries it seems most are only competing in the raffle and conceding the points since none can match your time investment.

If we are wanting this to keep going month to month and see some participation growth, I'd be inclined to make it 2x $50 raffles a month instead. More chances to win, more people winning should be good incentive. Like you I enjoy the discussion of backlog posts and want it to continue.

I've already got March covered if you want to take up April.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
As I said before the only way this keeps going is to have the rules made out where everyone has a chance. People on this forum aren’t really single player completionists (but will have 2000 hours in eve/wow/EQ)

I think the raffle is the way.

yaph

Molten Core Raider
Rise of the Tomb Raider, 15 HLTB points (26.5 total for the month)

1645912006929.png

1645912014644.png

I'd rate this game about 8/10. QTE of the 2013 reboot are gone, good amount of optional exploration and animal killing of the original series are brought back, and the top notch graphics.

• 2Like

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Finished Mass Effect Andromeda in about 30 hours. Decent game and not as bad as its reputation suggests. Although they made the Asari weird looking which is hard to forgive. o_O

ME-Andromeda-1.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Things pretty much winding down around here? I was thinking about running the challenge in March or April, but not if interest isn't there. At the very least I do think we should keep a backlog post going for people to talk about stuff they finally knocked off their lists and keep cheering each other on.
Naw, I think we are good.

Let's face it, when good games come out, the backlog takes a backseat. I've plowed 67 hours as of this post into Lost Ark. I'm sure others have plenty of hours into Horizon: Forbidden West and Elden Ring as well. It was a busy month for good games. :)

And I think next month would be cool to be the double raffle. I like the competition, but as I joked last month, no one here has the time commitment as you Rajaah, so there's no point in even trying to compete.

• 2Like

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Vampire Survivors is a rogue-like with a 30 minute time limit. You are never "done" with the game but 50 / 50 achievements will call it done. :emoji_thumbsup:

VS-1.jpg

VS-2.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

• 4Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
yeah Im with Crone, been playing Lost Ark so much I haven't even started Elden Ring yet... and my backlog just keeps growing. But definitely still interested in this.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Pretty sure I’ll be playing ER for the entirety of March, but I love this thread. Keep it up!

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
B55722F9-7A18-437C-BF0F-82A5CAC928DB.jpeg
BF1B9960-6B94-4CE9-A94C-F74F650F1BAD.jpeg

Done including all dlc

1646009318645.jpeg

1646009318645.jpeg
86984A3B-F0A3-46B4-8C84-72F7FC1BD08C.jpeg

An amazing game. Highly recommend.(many laughs, many wtf moments) 9.25/10

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
No, I wouldn't say things are winding down. Compared to other months we have 1 or 2 less people participating is all.

It's pretty clear you've got the HLTB category wrapped up, and well done to you on that front. I liked the idea of the point system, but given that most people participating are only single game entries it seems most are only competing in the raffle and conceding the points since none can match your time investment.

If we are wanting this to keep going month to month and see some participation growth, I'd be inclined to make it 2x $50 raffles a month instead. More chances to win, more people winning should be good incentive. Like you I enjoy the discussion of backlog posts and want it to continue.

I've already got March covered if you want to take up April.

Sounds good to me on all fronts.

I don't even think I have THAT much free time (I probably game about 1.5 to 2 hours a day averaged out over the whole month), but I plow through a large variety of single-player games while a lot of people on here tend to stick to a smaller group of core games that are often ongoing, as has been pointed out.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Finished Mass Effect Andromeda in about 30 hours. Decent game and not as bad as its reputation suggests. Although they made the Asari weird looking which is hard to forgive. o_O

View attachment 400483

View attachment 400484

Yeah it was wasn’t bad after all the patches etc. It definitely deserved the hate at the time though.

Peebee just killed Andromeda for me. All the early Youtube thumbnails when it came out were close-ups of Peebee's stupid face, or the default female Shepard's stupid face. 1 hour into the game, Peebee is crashing a ship or something and everyone's like "that's just Peebee for ya!" ...the hell? I don't want a quirky manic pixie in Mass Effect. The Asari were mysterious and mystical for a reason.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Peebee just killed Andromeda for me. All the early Youtube thumbnails when it came out were close-ups of Peebee's stupid face, or the default female Shepard's stupid face. 1 hour into the game, Peebee is crashing a ship or something and everyone's like "that's just Peebee for ya!" ...the hell? I don't want a quirky manic pixie in Mass Effect. The Asari were mysterious and mystical for a reason.
Yeah she’s annoying at first but tones down greatly later on.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Fallout 4 and dlc on PC windows. Doing steamvr version too but taking my time with that. It’s so much better in VR it’s not funny.

52AD9A53-E4AC-451F-9F8F-7530D918A783.jpeg

1646109516865.jpeg

• 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
wow you actually hunnit percented the nuka cola world achievements.

nerd

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
wow you actually hunnit percented the nuka cola world achievements.

nerd
Yeah…twice now once on console and PC.

Forgot how brutal that intro is if you aren’t prepared for it.(the gauntlet)