• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Err, wait...

What?

The dude that walks up to you being Utnayan? Or Araysar?

Either one. Stop monkey piling on Araysar just because it's convenient for your narrative that he's an out of control mod. No one forced UT to flail about like an autistic 2 year old.

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
No he just had a thread created whose title was an insult to him, then had people relentlessly fucking with him. If the mods weren't incompetent faggots he would have been RRPed as soon as his thread shitting got out of control and then people would have moved on, but a certain career troll inexplicably elected as a mod was too busy being a slave to his raging ego.

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I dunno what's worse, UT raging out against devs and diatribes about shitty companies, or a mod shitting up threads calling several members names while acting like he's the one baby sitting.

But no, he's blameless guys! Nothing to see here.

UT deserves punishment, most people agree with that. That doesn't mean Araysar here is a fucking innocent and shouldn't learn to tone down his vitriol towards everyone that disagrees with him.

I'd expect mods to be held to a higher standard because they're the ones with the power. Yet I keep missing the posts where he accepts that it's even possible (with the thread poll not in his actions favor and many members arguing with him here) that perhaps he reflect on the way he interacts with people he's supposed to be modding.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
So, just for the sake of clarity.

What is factually wrong with Gavinmad Gavinmad 's post?

No he just had a thread created whose title was an insult to him, then had people relentlessly fucking with him. If the mods weren't incompetent faggots he would have been RRPed as soon as his thread shitting got out of control and then people would have moved on, but a certain career troll inexplicably elected as a mod was too busy being a slave to his raging ego.

This pretty much sums it up? Or is there more?

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Either one. Stop monkey piling on Araysar just because it's convenient for your narrative that he's an out of control mod. No one forced UT to flail about like an autistic 2 year old.

Look, sometimes you just have to be the bigger man. That's what mods are. Mods enforce the rules. They don't get into every pissing contest because somebody brings their name up.

If you want to be that, that's fine. Resign your modship and join us droolers. But you can't fuck one and have the other.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I'd expect mods to be held to a higher standard because they're the ones with the power. Yet I keep missing the posts where he accepts that it's even possible (with the thread poll not in his actions favor and many members arguing with him here) that perhaps he reflect on the way he interacts with people he's supposed to be modding.

Dude, your apparently a child, or kid or something, and he is baby sitting you.

You have no relevance to this community, because he has been here a while.

• 1Worf

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Look, sometimes you just have to be the bigger man. That's what mods are. Mods enforce the rules. They don't get into every pissing contest because somebody brings their name up.

If you want to be that, that's fine. Resign your modship and join us droolers. But you can't fuck one and have the other.

No no, mods are voted in so they can enjoy exercising small amounts of authority online, to give them a taste of what they do not have in real life. If they go off the handle and fuck up, ban people, etc, thats just the cost of letting them have some fun man!

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I agree that going after forum members is a line to not cross, but Utnayan has been here for a long time. If FoH is a little bit like a family, then the psychos here are the psychos we give a second chance too. So while I definitely am sorry evil Ut and some forum members had a scuffle. I would prefer a general - cross this line - get banned for a year rule. If he can follow it, it at least shows he value's this community more than his own righteousness in any given thread.

Astro's crazy uncle analogy expressed this well. Going to share it again.

i look at it like this. Utnayan is part of this forum for maybe as long as i have been around. hes our fucking family, when your uncle gets drunk and starts spinning a yarn about how much pussy he grabbed or how many Faulty Armors he killed during the war, it could get uncomfortable at times, but at the end of the day he's still your uncle. we have nutters like Lumie here talking all kinds of nonsense nobody here can decipher, yet he is still a board member and more than that he's family. i hope crazy Lumie never gets banned and i still want crazy Utnayan here talking about how many Minnesota Vikings footballs he caught by the pussy and how many bald children he hugged during the cancer war. this was a moderately classic thread til he got banned. now its just a fucking downer and we lost one of our homies for no reason.

I've only been here 6 years, so a lot less time than most people here, but the family analogy definitely should apply to someone like Utnayan.

Dodsengel

Trakanon Raider
I don't think anyone would deny Ut getting out of hand an awful lot over the years, that said this situation rubs me the wrong way for similar reasons as Lachius has stated: there should be a different level of responsibility for mods v. regular members. If this was a fight between two regular members and a mod stepped in with a one year ban, I don't think people would be talking about it anywhere near as much. The only reason it would even be discussed would be because of his seniority. The thread definitely goaded him on and pushed his freak out to the next level, which I wouldn't have a problem with...if it where two regular members. Honestly, I wouldn't have even had a problem w/ it mod v member up until the ultimatum. Anyone who has every dealt w/ people like Ut should have known that he wasn't going to stop or capitulate at that point and that the ban was inevitable. That said, I still feel he deserves some form of punishment which is why I voted unban and shaw.

As an aside, gshurik's role in this also bothers me a bit. I get that you and Ut had a tiff in various threads, but this forum has been a longstanding community of which Araysar and Ut have both been members for much longer than yourself. I get you don't think that matters but it kind of does when you're repeatedly interjecting your opinion on the topic alongside many other longstanding members who have interacted w/ the people involved for up to a decade or more.

• 3Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Unless you can point me towards a rule that states that join date limits where and when you can post then I'm not treating people differently.

This shit reminds me of how they treat members on neogaf. Seniority is irrelevant to me, sorry.

• 1Solidarity

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I don't think anyone would deny Ut getting out of hand an awful lot over the years, that said this situation rubs me the wrong way for similar reasons as Lachius has stated: there should be a different level of responsibility for mods v. regular members. If this was a fight between two regular members and a mod stepped in with a one year ban, I don't think people would be talking about it anywhere near as much. The only reason it would even be discussed would be because of his seniority. The thread definitely goaded him on and pushed his freak out to the next level, which I wouldn't have a problem with...if it where two regular members. Honestly, I wouldn't have even had a problem w/ it mod v member up until the ultimatum. Anyone who has every dealt w/ people like Ut should have known that he wasn't going to stop or capitulate at that point and that the ban was inevitable. That said, I still feel he deserves some form of punishment which is why I voted unban and shaw.

As an aside, gshurik's role in this also bothers me a bit. I get that you and Ut had a tiff in various threads, but this forum has been a longstanding community of which Araysar and Ut have both been members for much longer than yourself. I get you don't think that matters but it kind of does when you're repeatedly interjecting your opinion on the topic alongside many other longstanding members who have interacted w/ the people involved for up to a decade or more.

+1. Solidarity / like wasnt strong enough, so I went back to quoting and +1

• 1Solidarity

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Unless you can point me towards a rule that states that join date limits where and when you can post then I'm not treating people differently.

This shit reminds me of how they treat members on neogaf. Seniority is irrelevant to me, sorry.

What you think doesnt really matter, seniority is not a stated thing, but it exists here. I'd gladly ditch a dozen of whoever the fuck you are to preserve 1 Lumie / Astro / Ut etc.

Speaking of . . .

i look at it like this. Utnayan is part of this forum for maybe as long as i have been around. hes our fucking family, when your uncle gets drunk and starts spinning a yarn about how much pussy he grabbed or how many Faulty Armors he killed during the war, it could get uncomfortable at times, but at the end of the day he's still your uncle. we have nutters like Lumie here talking all kinds of nonsense nobody here can decipher, yet he is still a board member and more than that he's family. i hope crazy Lumie never gets banned and i still want crazy Utnayan here talking about how many Minnesota Vikings footballs he caught by the pussy and how many bald children he hugged during the cancer war. this was a moderately classic thread til he got banned. now its just a fucking downer and we lost one of our homies for no reason.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.