V Rising

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This is the first of the genre I've ever tried and it seems okay. Tons of stuff I'm missing or don't know the obviousness of since it is new to me, that others probably know second nature. Still not sure if I should be devoting a lot of time to this Solo PvE server / playthrough or dive in and try to find a group server and experience the whole kitten caboodle.
I don't understand people who can play this genre of game without at least a couple friends, let alone a server of folks. Playing survival games solo is just so weird to me.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I don't understand people who can play this genre of game without at least a couple friends, let alone a server of folks. Playing survival games solo is just so weird to me.
Yeah, that’s what I’ve heard too. But I’ve never played one to know a difference and this one has PvE specific goals, so maybe it is just palatable enough. I honestly can’t say. May start a new character tomorrow on a pub server and see the difference!

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
How many can be on a server at one time? I wanna play with a buddy, but he has ADD when it comes to gaming and when he stops in a week I still want others to play with haha.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Normal servers are 40 players total, 4 players to a clan. You can mess with that on private servers but I imagine having more than 40 player servers would really eat up your real estate

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
The game seems fun so far, I don't need to worry about my base deleting since I didn't get enough blood essences to last me till tomorrow night do I?

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Game is ok but honestly nothing special. The whole daylight thing is super annoying. Doesn't seem like there are many places you can afk safely as so far I've gone afk for just a couple minutes twice now and came back dead both times. You literally can't even afk in your own fucking base because apparently building a roof is too difficult a task. Not really sure why this game is being so heavily praised when really it's just another average survival game /shrug

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
You literally can't even afk in your own fucking base because apparently building a roof is too difficult a task.
You can build a roof. Maybe next time play longer than 5 minutes and you might figure it out. You can also craft braziers that give a shadow effect in a radius to protect you from the sun.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
if you're going afk, or even logging off, make sure you go into your coffin. nothing short of a castle raid is going to get you in there. if you aren't in your coffin, a random nothing wolf can kill you even while logged off because you're body persists and can be interacted with. if you're still building your castle and haven't quite cleared the area yet, random animals or poachers or whatever can spawn in or and kill you. later on when you get servants, make sure you build the doors that they can't open, because they wander ALL OVER your property and if a wolf or bear or whatever is sitting right outside your door, as soon as your servant opens the door up they'll just run in and kill you while you thought you were actually safe.

tl:dr, you're a vampire, hang out in your coffin.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
The game is getting praised because the combat and rpg character depth is miles above the competition.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
It’s a good game. Like states before it does has a Valheim feel to it. Biggest gripes I have is the day/night cycle. Not a fan of it. I usually just hop in my coffin during the day hours. I know there is a potion that makes you take less damage from sun but fighting in daytime is annoying. One time I had a boss fight and he had less than 30% health left. The sun came up but I continued to fight him. Took a lot longer cause I had to constantly reposition myself in shaded areas to stay alive. It was a real pain in the ass if you ask me. I’m hoping there is an item that makes you totally immune to sunlight but requires a lot of blood essence. Also not use to playing a top down perspective game with WASD keys to move cause probably of those years of me playing like Diablo, PoE, etc. It’s polished and runs pretty good. Definitely worth the $20.

I really wish some gaming company would remake or remaster Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain that came out on the PS1. By far one my favorite of all time vampire theme games along with Vampire the masquerade: bloodlines.

Last edited:

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Yup. I prefer point and click to move and it was almost a deal breaker for me but I got use it.

Cybsled

Project Zomboid used WASD to move and you primarily used your mouse to interact or aim/direct your attacks as well

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
It is fine, whats not fine is patch breaking roofs. Even when you fix them you still burn next sun up. Hopefully the revert or fix it.