V Rising

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The talk about roofs is lul. I want to buy but im not sure...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
haha I know. The games tells you at some point what you need to do for a roof, but just walking in blind you're like... Uhh, a roof would be nice!

At the moment I'm confused about why my workshop floors aren't providing workshop boost. All my floors are of workshop type and they're continuous with the walls, b/c I have said roof. But no bonus is given.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
haha I know. The games tells you at some point what you need to do for a roof, but just walking in blind you're like... Uhh, a roof would be nice!

At the moment I'm confused about why my workshop floors aren't providing workshop boost. All my floors are of workshop type and they're continuous with the walls, b/c I have said roof. But no bonus is given.
It's probably you're castle heart. Try walling off the heart so that it's considered it's own room and see if that does it

• 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Okay this sunlight bug in the castle is getting out of hand. I tried the wall and floor fix and I'm still getting killed by the sunlight.

j00t

The talk about roofs is lul. I want to buy but im not sure...
The roof thing isn't a huge deal, really. You start off making wooden Palisades which are basically considered like fort walls. It's good for keeping people out, but no roof. However there's a mist brazier you can make pretty cheap that covers a decent sized area in mist that blocks out the sun. On top of that you can move it around super easily after making it so even if you have no roof, the sun is still avoidable without issue

j00t

Okay this sunlight bug in the castle is getting out of hand. I tried the wall and floor fix and I'm still getting killed by the sunlight.
That sucks, man. Been playing pretty heavily since launch and only had a slight issue with my roof not loading in immediately when I logged in once. The sun started to burn me but after a few seconds it all loaded correctly and I was fine. The friends I'm playing with haven't had any issues either

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
It's probably you're castle heart. Try walling off the heart so that it's considered it's own room and see if that does it

Will give that a shot tonight or tomorrow. There are a few quirks like that during the whole build process that make sense in retrospect, but for a newbie aren't immediately apparent. The other one was not being able to build beneath my wood coffin.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
TIL:
Roofs come after you put up stone walls and stone floors. They’re automatic.

Bonuses for crafting stations require a walled off section and the respective floor. Doesn’t require a door.

Wooden coffins can’t be placed on a stone floor, only stone coffins can.

Waygates have to be placed outside but you can still wall off the area just don’t put a floor down so a roof doesn’t spawn.

Build distance is related to how upgraded your castle heart is.

j00t

Will give that a shot tonight or tomorrow. There are a few quirks like that during the whole build process that make sense in retrospect, but for a newbie aren't immediately apparent. The other one was not being able to build beneath my wood coffin.
Yeah, I don't know how much of it is a bug, how much is just early access kinks being worked out, and how much is just "working as intended."

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

They aren't providing the continuous floor boost or the workshop boost specifically? Certain crafting stations require workshop floor for the final boost, forge floor for other refiners/crafting stations, alchemy floor, etc. Workshop floors won't give the final boost to forges, for example, but they should still be giving the "continuous floor" boost, the one that boosts production/refinement speed.

My guess is you either have a missing wall section, pillar, or a section that's not actual workshop floor(stone, dirt, etc.) that's connected still, messing up the bonus.

The game really pushes you toward "sectioning" off portions of your castle, rather than giant mega rooms.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Bonuses for crafting stations require a walled off section and the respective floor. Doesn’t require a door.

have to be placed outside but you can still wall off the area just don’t put a floor down so a roof doesn’t spawn.
These two I did not know especially the first one. The first one had me stumped because I could never get the bonus even though I had the correct floor tile.

j00t

if you are just running with a big open floorplan, don't. the castle heart ISN'T a floor, it just sits on grass so without putting it in it's own room it'll mess with your floor bonus.

like kirun said, the game REALLY wants you to have rooms in your castle.

• 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
if you are just running with a big open floorplan, don't. the castle heart ISN'T a floor, it just sits on grass so without putting it in it's own room it'll mess with your floor bonus.

like kirun said, the game REALLY wants you to have rooms in your castle.
So wait you need to surround the castle heart with walls inside your castle? The hell?!

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So wait you need to surround the castle heart with walls inside your castle? The hell?!
You can have it in a "giant" room, but it needs to be surrounded by walls to gain a roof, yes. It's essentially it's own "stone floor" tile. You can't tile underneath it.

j00t

Either that, or put the heart in a generic room that doesn't need a specific floor type. Personally I have a workshop room, forge room, tailoring room, crypt room, etc.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Either that, or put the heart in a generic room that doesn't need a specific floor type. Personally I have a workshop room, forge room, tailoring room, crypt room, etc.
Okay I’ll try that.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
You can have it in a "giant" room, but it needs to be surrounded by walls to gain a roof, yes. It's essentially it's own "stone floor" tile. You can't tile underneath it.
So when I move it to place it where I want to I will need to destroy the tiles so the bare ground will be showing?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
So when I move it to place it where I want to I will need to destroy the tiles so the bare ground will be showing?
Appears so:

1653011205569.png

• 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
See this is that bullshit. I just died from the sunlight bug and died again from it.

• 1Worf