Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (2017)

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So this movie had a decent amount going for it. The world was interesting and there were some decent enough sci-if visuals the story was a little predictable but whatever. Where it went to shit though was the main characters you couldn’t pick two less charasmatic twats to be on the silver screen. Captain Dicknuts McChosen one was such an unlikable piece of shit I wouldn’t put that faggot in charge of a Pizza Hut. Then fuckable blond had no redeeming characters other than her being fuckable and a blond. Way to shit on what could have been a blockbuster Hollywood.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Luc Besson is amazing, but you're right, this movie failed because of casting. Whoever the casting director was I hope they get shanked in a dark alley. Modern teeny bopper, no acting chops pieces of shit do not make a good movie. Look at Fifth Element. Bruce Willis, Chris Tucker, Milla Jovovich, Ian Holmes, Gary fuckin Oldman, was a God damn dream casting. I bought the bluray and my wife was like, "I thought you hated that movie?" Yeah, but it looks fucking amazing. Sigh...

Goonsquad Officer
we watched this on netflix last weekend. some goofy shit in it for sure, but was very spectacle movie. The main charter acted like a doped up version of wayne from wayne's world. His inflection rarely matched the scene.

The blonde girl....I thought she was supposed to be a serious hard assed strait laced character at first, because of her stiff acting. When she was supposed to act with empathy toward the converter (the copy hamster thing), it was terrible. It made me realize that maybe she wasn't supposed to be the strait laced serious character, but maybe that she lacks all emotion in her acting.

how about those big nosed greedy manipulative aliens that are out to betray for the right price.

also it was fucking stupid that the space station was sent off into space to prevent it's detriment to the earth. wasn't the POINT of the space station to be a stop-off point to travelers passing through or visiting the earth? did they just build a new one and say "this time no aliens get to build ghettos". I don't mind the concept of a collective station of grafted vessels drifting forever, but doing it because it was "too big" sounded a lot like "it did its job too well, so lets push it off into the void". given their apparent amazing levels of AR technology and hyperspace existing. couldn't they have just moved their perfect utopia gathering place city to being near mars? or just in its own orbital pattern?

not really a spoiler but i thought the aliens that spent all their time welding on the gold plates for their supercomputer-based-culture was really a very neat visual