Valheim - Viking Survival Game (Early Access)

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Me when I first started, after chasing my first deer to try meleeing it. "Fuck. I hate bows. I'm not a fucking elf. /Sigh, let me try one more time...well, ok, shit, I guess I'll have to make a bow! Crappity crappity crap"

Me, a few hours later: "OK, well, fuck....this is like dating a fugly chick and then falling in love with her."

I made it to my first Black Forest. Found a stone tower surrounded by mobs. Great! I start pulling mobs like it's EQ1 again, LOL.

Kill them off, start claiming and building around the tower. I have to keep killing off swarms. Then, there's a shaman.

"Oh, is this a named? I wonde...OH SHIT YOU POISONING FUCK"

I run inside the tower and close the door. I'll be safe in here! <cone of poison comes right through the wall and blasts me in the face>

I'm building a wood wall around that tower (I can't build stone yet?) and a fucking troll comes after me. I'm running circles around the tower and shooting behind me, until I misjudge my timing, he gets too close and I get ranger-ported back to my bed.

I come back, get my body, and try kiting him out into a meadow. He keeps resetting but I manage to kill him. This is easy! So I find a 2nd troll, and do the same thing. It's working really well until I get stuck between a stump and a log. WELP

10/10, would get reduced to a red smear on the ground again

• 3Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I mined a copper node and there was no ore? Am I doing something wrong, do they not always have metal and do they respawn?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Density of the ore within rock, mud, etc. varies, also be sure to keep digging after you've cleared the surface deposit.

Usually when I end up w/ no ore it's because I'm full and it's sitting there w/ all the stone on the ground. Or I'm encumbered.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I mined a copper node and there was no ore? Am I doing something wrong, do they not always have metal and do they respawn?
Ore doesn't respawn and you may have been encumbered as Stevo said with stone or something and it was just rolling away from you. It's something like 5:1 stone to ore or some shit ratio so you may mine 100 stone+ and get less than a stack of copper.

It's a double edge sword that you don't pick up more loot automatically when at max weight. Nice you don't fuck yourself, but sucks when you don't see resources because you're loaded with garbage you auto looted beforehand. In the bottom right there's a suggestions/feedback thing and the one most of my friends and I did was suggest a "block loot" list. So you can loot a grey eye, click "NEVER AGAIN", and then you would automatically leave them on the ground. It would be immensely helpful for stuff like stone/wood unless you're out specifically resource farming.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Density of the ore within rock, mud, etc. varies, also be sure to keep digging after you've cleared the surface deposit.

Usually when I end up w/ no ore it's because I'm full and it's sitting there w/ all the stone on the ground. Or I'm encumbered.
Thanks I got some think it was just bad luck didnt want to keep destroying nodes to find out in case there was limited supply.

One more dumb question I can't figure out how to plant things, if I put them on my bar it just says where do you want to use but I can't figure out any way to do that.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Thanks I got some think it was just bad luck didnt want to keep destroying nodes to find out in case there was limited supply.

One more dumb question I can't figure out how to plant things, if I put them on my bar it just says where do you want to use but I can't figure out any way to do that.
Make a Cultivator (Bronze stuff) use it to "cultivate" the ground which turns it into plantable soil. Then with it equipped and the seeds on your person, choose the cultivator and planting different plants are an option. Carrots/Turnips take cultivated soil. Trees depending on type you can put anywhere you want. Some things require different soil, but mostly high level stuff and it will tell you on the plant itself after you plant it.

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Make a Cultivator (Bronze stuff) use it to "cultivate" the ground which turns it into plantable soil. Then with it equipped and the seeds on your person, choose the cultivator and planting different plants are an option. Carrots/Turnips take cultivated soil. Trees depending on type you can put anywhere you want. Some things require different soil, but mostly high level stuff and it will tell you on the plant itself after you plant it.
Does a beech tree need to be on cultivated ground?

Xevy

Log Wizard
Does a beech tree need to be on cultivated ground?
Sure doesn't! Plant them motherfuckers all around for ez wood supply. I would plant them in a big orchard and then knock the outside ones into the inside ones for easy chopping. None of the trees need special soil, but the highest end also don't drop seeds.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Sure doesn't! Plant them motherfuckers all around for ez wood supply. I would plant them in a big orchard and then knock the outside ones into the inside ones for easy chopping. None of the trees need special soil, but the highest end also don't drop seeds.

It just says ""use beech seed on what?" clicking and I just attack?

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Really confused what thread I clicked on for a sec.
No joke. That boat ride took like 45-60 minutes and I was trying to find some food to raise hp before we landed. The boat had a hold fast with honey and sausage, lol

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
It just says ""use beech seed on what?" clicking and I just attack?
So you don't use the seed. You use the CULTIVATOR while the seed is in inventory and of the cultivator options one of them is "plant beech seed". You slot the tool, not the seeds.

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
So you don't use the seed. You use the CULTIVATOR while the seed is in inventory and of the cultivator options one of them is "plant beech seed". You slot the tool, not the seeds.

Okay dont have cultivator yet, thank you.

• 1Like

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Stop little green men from attacking you in Plains biome with this one wierd trick! Plant a ton of trees around your base, cut them down but leave the logs laying around, preferrably right next to your palisade walls and they will have a very hard time getting to your walls to attack them.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Stop little green men from attacking you in Plains biome with this one wierd trick! Plant a ton of trees around your base, cut them down but leave the logs laying around, preferrably right next to your palisade walls and they will have a very hard time getting to your walls to attack them.
I keep reading that you can stop it by destroying their spawn. How the hell do you find it and what does it look like?

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
What's the average amount of copper people get from a copper node, and how deep do people usually dig?

I think I'm up to 60 from one node, but I had to create a fucking strip mine. And I'm still not done. I just got bored.

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I keep reading that you can stop it by destroying their spawn. How the hell do you find it and what does it look like?

In their villages I know if you destroy their totem and steal their bonfires the village stops respawning, but I haven't found a way to stop the random rape squads of 4 that seem to attack you at all hours of the night. Tried clearing the ground and putting workbenches everywhere but they still keep spawning. I heard planting grass everywhere might work but haven't tried it.

• 1Like