Valheim - Viking Survival Game (Early Access)

Xerge

<Donor>
Oh I don't want to do cheats. I was just thinking about it like the old eq maps and using /loc

yea the 'pos' is like /loc but then you have to overlay your grind on top of your map to make sense of it. Hopefully someone can do up a /loc command mod; the mod community is moving pretty fast with the game.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm breeding monster pigs now

1614472093922.png

• 1WTF
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sounds lame as fuck when I say it out loud - but I thoroughly enjoy planting/harvesting carrots, turnips etc. and taming pigs and wolves. No idea why you would want to tame those big ass Buffalo (lox?) in the plains, but I havent gotten to that point yet to know why anyways. But the only bothersome thing is how long it takes to ferment this shit. 2 In game days just makes me leave the game on if I'm low on resist potions. Pine Seeds need their drop rate increased too. I have entire forests of Birch and Fir, but I can barely field a dozen Pine trees. Have 12 Bee Hives that put out 4/5 honey each every time Im back at the base, too. Just wish they would let us plant Raspberry and Blueberry bushes.

But I guess.. they may be trying to hold onto as many reasons as they can to keep you going into Meadows / Black Forest etc.

On a side note : we were looking around a swamp biome trying to get some chains and saw just the tip of another swamp area across the ocean. Built a Boat there and went across and found 4 Crypts all within half a football field of each other. I havent checked, but does the Iron Scrap nodes respawn in them? Or is it just done once it's cleared out?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Harpooning sea serpents and braving the leviathans to get barnacles is really fun.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Harpooning sea serpents and braving the leviathans to get barnacles is really fun.
I cant wait for that honestly. Seen some wild stuff on youtube with the Harpoon launching people leagues away too lul.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Is it better to set up a new smelting and crafting base on the island you get iron from or just boat your ore back to your original base for processing and crafting?

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Is it better to set up a new smelting and crafting base on the island you get iron from or just boat your ore back to your original base for processing and crafting?
Do you like sea serpents?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

if you eventually mine out the swamp and there's nothing else nearby (mountains, plains) you'll just create a base you will abandon a few days later

unrelated: submerge methan fires in water and the spawning surtlings will die upon spawn, creating an endless coal + core farm.

1614518248573.png

• 2Like
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Burns

Do you like sea serpents?

Sea Serpents spawn in the "Ocean" at night or during a storm. If you stay close to shore, you wont get serpents. Just don't get too close to "plains" or skeeter might eat ya.

Daidraco Daidraco The Lox breeding is NYI (they wont reproduce), but I imagine it will be for the same reason you want pigs and wolves; that is, to safely farm their mats (since they fuck you up, just like everything in Plains).

For anyone that wants to dial back the time spent traveling and waiting: There is a MOD that will allow you to transport everything. Additionally, you can manually set the time it takes to ferment and smelt; as well as many other things, like how much wood the charcoal burner holds.

Adebisi Adebisi If you would rather not use the cheat-ish mod and are low on cores, it's better to take the mats to build a portal with you at the ore mine base, then go back to main hub, through the portal, disassemble the ore smelter and set it up at the new base (the less cores you take on the boat, the less you lose, if your boat gets sunk). You don't lose anything when you demolish the smelter, so it can just move with you. Once you get to the plains level, you will also need to take 10 iron with you on the boat, to build the better smelter.

Edit: Take 16 copper and 2 bronze to build a forge plus the upgrade items in the new base. Then you can build and upgrade all the stuff that only requires iron at the swamp base and eventually fill your boat with iron to take back to the main hub.

Last edited:

Burns

Here is the full list of imacheater commands. (usefull if you wanna build something big and are sick of harvesting)

Cheat Engine is easier to use imo.

Games like these hold my interest for maybe 30 hours. After that, I use cheat engine to juice a few more out of it.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
honestly, if meat weren't as easy to get for free from random faglings killing all the deer in the meadows every night, this method would totally pay off

1614532849195.png

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
if you eventually mine out the swamp and there's nothing else nearby (mountains, plains) you'll just create a base you will abandon a few days later

unrelated: submerge methan fires in water and the spawning surtlings will die upon spawn, creating an endless coal + core farm.

View attachment 338248

Nice, do you have to be in the area for it to work, or just go collect your loot after every night? I've got 2 spawns close to each other, so sometimes I just head over there at night and bounce between them as they respawn. As a bonus a wratih spawns in between them, so get chains too.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah, it gets better if you're spread out, but boss fighting with 8+ people can be omega desync fest, especially if they're scripted fights like some of the bosses.

Sludig

I'm still early on, like literally just got to black forest and mined some tin but no cores or anything yet. However, as far as yall strip mining, how do you have any idea where to dig down at? Seems like you rapidly create a pretty steep hole to be stuck in.

Burns

I'm still early on, like literally just got to black forest and mined some tin but no cores or anything yet. However, as far as yall strip mining, how do you have any idea where to dig down at? Seems like you rapidly create a pretty steep hole to be stuck in.

Mining into a dirt wall naturally puts dirt under your feet, if you are deep enough. You can start in a 30 foot deep hole, and move forward after every hit, into the wall, and eventually it will make a ramp out (as long as the pick has durability)

Tin is only that one little rock on the shore; copper nodes are huge, mostly burred boulders, that are deeper in the forest (the tooltip will say "copper" when you mouse over it). If you don't go straight down, you can build an earthen ramp, naturally, as you go (I tried to mine around the edges of the copper first)(note: undermining copper does not collapse it, and can make floating islands of copper, that are more difficult to access). Just make sure you can get up the ramp, every so often, as you dig, if not, mine a little incline into the dirt side of the hill.

I built my copper base fairly close to 3 copper nodes, and mined 100% of all of them. It produced stacks and stacks of copper (and took forever to mine). Since dirt only takes one hit, I also kept both a bronze pick and bone pick on my character, when mining, using the bone for earth, and bronze for ore.

screenshot_2021-02-28_211302.png

Last edited: