Valheim - Viking Survival Game (Early Access)

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My boats and boar keep either dying or disappearing. Not sure what I’m doing if I’m the one triggering that stuff or not.

Think I cheesed Elder too hard with the moat around his platform. At 70% he just kind of sat that while the g/f and I lobbed fire arrows at him. He was attacking with ranged in the beginning but just agreed to his fate I guess.

While we were on that high, we went straight to a swamp biome. We were killing leeches, blobs etc. Then I see a troll out of the corner of my eye fighting. I see him die, run over and this Draugr with a bow one shots me in tier 4 bronze. Then turns on my g/f and one shots her in tier 2 troll. Bruh.. at least we set up a new portal first.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I'm only a few hours into the game, but someone please tell me you can get a better bow. Trying to hit the trophy deer is harder than winning the lottery. It took me almost 40 arrows to bring one down because the fucker literally moves at the very instant I'm releasing my bow. I've had nerf bows as a kid with better range and accuracy.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm only a few hours into the game, but someone please tell me you can get a better bow. Trying to hit the trophy deer is harder than winning the lottery. It took me almost 40 arrows to bring one down because the fucker literally moves at the very instant I'm releasing my bow. I've had nerf bows as a kid with better range and accuracy.

First bow is really crappy. Good plan is to have a troll with a tree club chase you around and make you some fine&core wood so you can make the 2nd tier bow, which is WAAAY better.
Also, as your skill in BOWS increases, you'll get better. Aim above the target, always.. only exception is if something is very close and below you. Then you aim at their feet.

Also, as far as arrows go, I only craft wooden ones for regular shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Heriotze Heriotze
1614339451327.png

• 1Truth!

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Co-worker just gave me a great idea for Valheim PvP battle. Proposed it's 4v4.

Each team gets a Longship.
Any weapon choice of bronze/iron quality, each person gets one weapon. Bows used are Fine Bows. Arrows = Fire. (If you choose bow, you can't choose a melee weapon and vice versa)
Armor - 1 per team member and only 1 per tier avaliable. The choice goes between Iron, Bronze, Troll, Hide.
Best food choices (I think 265hp or so max). No healing/resist potions choice.
Freshly dead toons only (you basically go drown before the battle to make sure you have 0 gear on you before respawn)

Everything is upgraded to the max.

Battle is done on water. Snipe-kiting works, but boarding or sinking the other vessel is permissable.

I guess the only issue would be lag due to server/client issues. What do you guys think?

Caliane

pretty sure better bows, and skill just increase damage. always that same insane dropoff. and deer elite serpentine precog ninjas.

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I started a bad habit of multiple worlds. You can have a world with your base and tons of storage, in that world you never leave the base. Then in your main world, inventory full just log to the other world. Need to repair? just log into base world. It takes a lot of annoyance away but cheapens things too much.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
first sunken crypt on mcflys server. woo boy. not even done and 30 iron 200 gold and still going

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
First bow is really crappy. Good plan is to have a troll with a tree club chase you around and make you some fine&core wood so you can make the 2nd tier bow, which is WAAAY better.
Also, as your skill in BOWS increases, you'll get better. Aim above the target, always.. only exception is if something is very close and below you. Then you aim at their feet.

Also, as far as arrows go, I only craft wooden ones for regular shit.
Trolls are great for gathering tons of lumber very very fast.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Gotta just sneak on em before they run.