Valheim - Viking Survival Game (Early Access)

Varia Vespasa

Vyemm Raider
So the other day I started building a bridge, because...well, I wanted to build a bridge.

I got to the point where I can't build further out; I need more support. But I can't reach down far enough to plant supports in the riverbed. Is there a workaround of sorts? I'm thinking I can either lower the level of the bridge, try raising the riverbed up (?) or just forgetting about the bridge entirely.

View attachment 337575
Or just start in the middle so you can plant your supports and then work towards the banks.

This is what I did for my first bridge- I dug a canal across a very narrow point at the junction of two continents so I could sail from our badly placed base out to the western sea instead of having to go a huge sail south first, but that cut the road we'd built all the way down that coast for using wagons from a friends southern home, so I built a bridge so he could drag wagons up and over the canal. Its tall enough I can sail the lvl 2 boat under it, no problem, but the longship is too tall so I have to raise it another couple blocks or so.
Valheim Canal Bridge.png

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
You don't need arrows in your hotbar to shoot them. They just have to be selected in your inventory like armor.

Sweet bridge. We made one out of...stairs. It was awesome in its incredulity.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This a million times. The best power.
I hate that that is true so much. Elk's power is super useful for traveling and well placed as the first boss's power. But Elder, Modor and and Yag's power are lackluster at best in the current iteration of the game. Especially Elder's tree chopping one, like.. "okay..." I feel like they should rearrange the powers a bit. But some of them wouldnt fit the "theme" of the bosses. I saw a mod the other day that let you change between powers without being at the stones. Which to me, makes far more sense given the disparity between all of them. Even the tree chopping one would be useful if I could just switch to it on the fly. I mean they have an obnoxious cool down and only a short use time (respective to the CD), so what would be so bad about that?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I hate that that is true so much. Elk's power is super useful for traveling and well placed as the first boss's power. But Elder, Modor and and Yag's power are lackluster at best in the current iteration of the game. Especially Elder's tree chopping one, like.. "okay..." I feel like they should rearrange the powers a bit. But some of them wouldnt fit the "theme" of the bosses. I saw a mod the other day that let you change between powers without being at the stones. Which to me, makes far more sense given the disparity between all of them. Even the tree chopping one would be useful if I could just switch to it on the fly. I mean they have an obnoxious cool down and only a short use time (respective to the CD), so what would be so bad about that?
Do they share cd? I’m at the office and can’t check :(

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Do they share cd? I’m at the office and can’t check :(
yes they share CD.

Elder is 100% useless imo because even if you portal right to the stones and back, that time lost is in no way made up by the faster chopping for five minutes.

Anyways, for those who thought there was nothing to mine in the plains...

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 4 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Or just start in the middle so you can plant your supports and then work towards the banks.

This is what I did for my first bridge- I dug a canal across a very narrow point at the junction of two continents so I could sail from our badly placed base out to the western sea instead of having to go a huge sail south first, but that cut the road we'd built all the way down that coast for using wagons from a friends southern home, so I built a bridge so he could drag wagons up and over the canal. Its tall enough I can sail the lvl 2 boat under it, no problem, but the longship is too tall so I have to raise it another couple blocks or so.
View attachment 340886
1615326439916.jpeg

Finished my canal and had to build this in order to get the longship under it. It just clears it. I wish there was a better tool for digging out trenches like this, it's painful with the pickaxe

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

rad

Lord of Guk
I was thinking of setting up a second server, fresh start. How many of you fucks would use it?

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Found a couple treasure chests turning my base into an island, that's a nice touch. I assume that wishbone I read about = stone of agony from Zelda:OoT, letting you hunt for these? Saw some shipwrecks, but in places I didn't want to go sightseeing, valuables in those too?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Found a couple treasure chests turning my base into an island, that's a nice touch. I assume that wishbone I read about = stone of agony from Zelda:OoT, letting you hunt for these? Saw some shipwrecks, but in places I didn't want to go sightseeing, valuables in those too?
Shipwrecks are a source of fine wood I believe.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Kamp Karen is back, sans tower. Got a bunch of stuff under construction there, but looked good with the mist, and my pines just started popping up everywhere.

shellbeback.jpg

• 3Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I got bone mass down the good old fashioned face tank way (with some dark souls rolling). Now to mine some silver.

• 3Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

In the meadows you will see a bunch of rocks in the shape of a kind of elongated oval(or like a ship). There is a chest usually buried in the area between all the rocks. The wishbone will ping the highest when right over the chest. The chests just have the usual treasure(coins, rubies, amber, pearls etc). By the time you have the wishbone though you won't need the treasure, as you will have everything you need from the merchant. I only still grab it in case they ever expand his offerings. I'd love to see something that expands inventory that is say 1200-1550 coins or such.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

Alot of the odd rock formations are burial sites. and have chests under them.