Valheim - Viking Survival Game (Early Access)

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Prep for the Dragon Moder is making progress. Gonna repurpose this crumbled tower. Still fun.
1613970794896.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In their villages I know if you destroy their totem and steal their bonfires the village stops respawning, but I haven't found a way to stop the random rape squads of 4 that seem to attack you at all hours of the night. Tried clearing the ground and putting workbenches everywhere but they still keep spawning. I heard planting grass everywhere might work but haven't tried it.
I'd expect that similarly to 3 dwarves, 1 brute 1 shaman that keep coming at you at night in the black forest, those can't be prevented at all.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I'm going to start playing this game this week. Anyone want to help out a noob who has never played a survival game before, I'd appreciate it!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Solo is fine, but the game is much more fun with friends. I hate the greyfish or whatever they are. Just annoying and every time I am fighting a troll 5-10 of the buggers show up to harass me at the same time.

I spent hours just making a level path from my base at the meadows/black forest line, into black forest, to haul all the ore. Shit weighs way too much. I found if I didn't make a path, the fucking cart loved to tip over and it was a pain to get it to flip back. Do the bigger boats have a storage? I'd love to just sail along the coast, mining all the tin, and just put it in the boat. Copper seems to just huge rock formations in the middle of the forest.

I am about 40 hours in and still haven't seen the merchant. But I only have 350ish coins. And I hear the belt that increases weight capacity is like 900 coins.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Karve has 4 slots (so 120 ore), the Longship basically has infinite slots.
First 10 iron should go into a longship unless you relocate your entire base to the swamp you're going to mine.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's been pretty fun solo so far; granted I am also a Terraria/etc kind of guy, so mining shit and murdering trees just comes second nature.
I'm down a server that wants to start fresh; I've only killed the Elk and have -just- gotten to a black forest area.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I'm going to start playing this game this week. Anyone want to help out a noob who has never played a survival game before, I'd appreciate it!

I have never played this type before, and had a ton of fun figuring things out.

Adding friends defiantly helps with the harvest grind needed.

I had to learn to not be in a rush , and don't swing like a maniac when fighting. (Learn to time hits and blocks)

You can switch servers and bring crap with you.

Food helps.

Mark your spot on the map. (If you die twice, your spot is remarked and can be hard to remember where bodies are)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Ok Erronius Erronius and everyone,

I have the server and PW and logged in and tested for this weekend. I have a Viking horn which will hold the mead I bought, and the mead will flow.

Thanks Quineloe Quineloe for getting me set up with the prework.

SKOL!

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Is McFly's server the only one that we're playing on or is there another? I'm still stuck trying to make bronze.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Been following the game and everyones progress since this thread was made. Came across this in an article today someone had made. Pretty cool
Screenshot_20210222-122212~2.png

• 4Mother of God
  • 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 8 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

I find "solo" survival games a complete waste of time. I don't know what it is, but it's the one genre of game I just can't ever play solo. Literally anything else I will play solo and even prefer it in some cases, but I completely "nope" out of survival shit if friends aren't online.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I find "solo" survival games a complete waste of time. I don't know what it is, but it's the one genre of game I just can't ever play solo. Literally anything else I will play solo and even prefer it in some cases, but I completely "nope" out of survival shit if friends aren't online.
I play most everything solo. The biggest issue I had with Conan was that the world felt absolutely dead in singleplayer because the NPCs were just lifeless mannequins. Valheim definitely feels more alive when playing solo than Conan did, and playing on a server with a few other people gives me a really damn strong Everquest vibe. The NPCs aren't along the lines of Skyrim where they have a lot of text and schedules they keep, but it feels like NPCs from EQ.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I play most everything solo. The biggest issue I had with Conan was that the world felt absolutely dead in singleplayer because the NPCs were just lifeless mannequins. Valheim definitely feels more alive when playing solo than Conan did, and playing on a server with a few other people gives me a really damn strong Everquest vibe.

You'll be on this weekend right? I guarantee you Friday night around 9pm central I'll have you singing Viking's folklore music while we are reduced to picking up stones off the ground due to our Mead drunken stooper.

• 1Like

rad

Lord of Guk
I play most everything solo. The biggest issue I had with Conan was that the world felt absolutely dead in singleplayer because the NPCs were just lifeless mannequins. Valheim definitely feels more alive when playing solo than Conan did, and playing on a server with a few other people gives me a really damn strong Everquest vibe. The NPCs aren't along the lines of Skyrim where they have a lot of text and schedules they keep, but it feels like NPCs from EQ.

I'm really interested to see how their netcode develops for additional slots beyond the standard 10.... A server with multiple clans waging war would be pretty damn cool.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
55CD681D-2A41-4D0E-A3E5-B0355C89B60A.jpeg

I am going to have two cups both filled so I do not have to get up as often.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
You'll be on this weekend right? I guarantee you Friday night around 9pm central I'll have you singing Viking's folklore music while we are reduced to picking up stones off the ground due to our Mead drunken stooper.
UFC Party on Saturday AND I have a Quest2VR showing up this week so I may be playing a little less....but I'll still jump on if you shitbirds are going to be running around.

I never use voice chat though because I really only play when the girls are asleep. Computer room shares a wall with the master bedroom and my woman gets mad when I yell "FUCKING FAG!" at the monitor at 1am.

• 1Worf

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Played 8 hours with my brother showing me the ropes Sat night. I'm not big into survival games or early access but it's fucking legit.

Towards the end of the first night: "Hey, let's go check out this troll cave"
1614022934538.png

We had it coming

• 5Worf
  • 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Played 8 hours with my brother showing me the ropes Sat night. I'm not big into survival games or early access but it's fucking legit.

Towards the end of the first night: "Hey, let's go check out this troll cave"
View attachment 336980

We had it coming
That epic corpse run that Heriotze Heriotze and I went on was kind of the same thing.

Heriotze: "I'm just heading over to kill the elder. Want to come with?"
Bandwagon: "Sure, but I have to put my daughter down for a nap in 10 mins and may have to go afk"
Heriotze: "Will probably only take us 5 mins"

Multiple (Bandwagon) deaths later we got him down to ~40% before he finally clapped Heriotze's cheeks AND proceeded to destroy McFly McFly 's portal in the process. We wanted to try to replace McFly's portal before he logged back on so set off on a corpse run. Since the boat ride took 45-60mins, we thought it would be a good idea to make a small hut with a couple of beds right when we landed, then do a corpse run and start farming for a new portal.

We were getting fucking swarmed at our new outpost when Daddy Warbucks McFly logged on and floated his battleship over to kill everything within 2 miles, including the Elder (twice). Then he set up a new portal and peaced out.

Awesome damn adventure that ended up being hilarious because McFly basically did a superhero landing, sprayed blood everywhere, saved us a few more hours of farming by plopping down a portal, then disappeared. Love this game.

• 5Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
How my first sea voyage started

1614030934141.png

How my first sea voyage ended

1614030961276.png

• 4Worf