Valheim - Viking Survival Game (Early Access)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I love that this game can make me rage quit, and next day I'll continue on.

Fuck I was mad, pretty sure I got some weird buggy spawn when I landed on that swamp, scouted it out to make sure nothing near to aggro I as i threw up a quick camp. I've done it dozens of times, as my sphincter is so tight at that point, I'd fuck off as soon as I saw something.

Soon as I hit ground I have 2 leeches that spawn right on top of me, then there was 4-5 more, then I watch as Dragur appear on me too, I'm quickly dead.

I might just resume my old char, not sure yet. I don't mind going through farming swamp a bit, but I don't really want to scrape through the start of this stage again, last time swamp was a really shitty experience until I got into some upgraded iron ect gear going. Only difference is old char is fully iron upgraded and ready to do Bonemass

I'll just bring mats over for a longboat, and basic shit. Not to mention there's fucking serpents EVERYWHERE, I've even ran/sailed from 6-7 during middle of day, I fucking hate snakes, so I want to be able to kill/farm them since I got harpoon too.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
explored island west of my base, found giant plains, giant mountains

1617371277110.png

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
There's a portal currently active(name is quineloe), I don't know where it originates. Means I gotta find cores for another.

Currently low on brown mushrooms, could use a 2nd bee queen and raw meat. Forge is level 5, workshop is level 1. Anyone welcome (although the area is best suited for players who killed Elder), just ping me somehow to permit you to the wards.
someone has a house north of starting stones with like 8 beehives lol

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah there's a few issues with joining an already populated world, but that's one of them. First players through pick up all the bees in the center and then meadows are rare af once you're like 1000 pixels away from the sacrificial stones.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah there's a few issues with joining an already populated world, but that's one of them. First players through pick up all the bees in the center and then meadows are rare af once you're like 1000 pixels away from the sacrificial stones.
So what your saying, that some inter tribal raids are in order. Who wants to forfeit some bees before force is necessary?

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
But seriously, I can setup a portal, and put them in a spot everyone can grab honey. I haven't done a full explore of the meadows around that forest base of mine, I got a ton out of the villages. I'm sure theres a bunch more still.

If people really need a bee or 2 thats cool, 6 hives is usually enough.

I can't help myself, locking down the booze supply is this vikings top priority.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I died on a raft trying to get back to my corpse west of your first base, Cynical. Fucking brutes were camping my corpse, so I tried to wait them out, only to have my raft fall apart and drown! gotta get on today, make another raft, and retrieve my corpse. This game is fun, but very frustrating at the same time. Do you guys have a base set up anywhere in the swamp or black forest area? I also need to kill the Elder to get my key. Do you guys have a loc on him on your map?

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I died on a raft trying to get back to my corpse west of your first base, Cynical. Fucking brutes were camping my corpse, so I tried to wait them out, only to have my raft fall apart and drown! gotta get on today, make another raft, and retrieve my corpse. This game is fun, but very frustrating at the same time. Do you guys have a base set up anywhere in the swamp or black forest area? I also need to kill the Elder to get my key. Do you guys have a loc on him on your map?
Quin & Varia have several bases going I think.

I have my swamp base going to the south, but it's still quite rowdy, I need to do up a moat to stop the champion swimmers I have down here. We have skelly & dragur raids now, so they can hurt a bit more than dwarfs. I'd setup camp nearby everyone, but I have a habit of building elaborate bases, and then abandoning shortly after they complete.

Also taking me a long time to complete due to water building. Fucking wave system drives me insane. I'll have a nice port going, as I'll build something deeper in near mountains/plains later.

I have extra elder keys if needed.

Edit: BTW, server renewed again yesterday, so not going anywhere, even if I take breaks.

Last edited:

Varia Vespasa

Vyemm Raider
Heh, that would be me, and its only 6, which was my total haul from that north peninsula which nobody else had been to. None from elsewhere. Afaik the whole east wing hasnt been explored or settled yet so try looking for queens there. In the meantime people are welcome to drop by and harvest 3 of the hives whenever they feel the need. Also, if you need surtling cores I have a box of the things free for the taking outside my Swamp Dock base, just take the same-name portal by my hives.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I've just accepted that I'm not going to be able to play this again until Winter. I better see 4 new bosses by then

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Varia Vespasa

Vyemm Raider
My original intended base is a short distance north of the starting spot, with (currently) 5 portals around it. The Mine 2 one leads to the edge of the local black forest. The Merchant one leads to more black forest not too far from both the merchant (obviously) and the Elder spawn point. In the same building that the Merchant portal takes you to is a second portal marked Swamp, which takes you to a mini-base at the top of a ridgeline bordering the swamp. The swamp has few draugr, and some, but not vast numbers of leeches, but an abundance of blobs. The Swamp Dock portal takes you to what is currently my most advanced base deep in that same swamp (forge 7, workbench 4, comfort 12), right by my surtling farm. Feel free to drop by and use the facilities if you like, including the surtling farm. Actually the 3 closest flames you can see are all farms, so feel free, just watch for blobs, and the occasional leech.

The other 2 portals lead to just outside Foler's base (meadows), and a friends base I havent checked out yet, but is also meadows I believe.

Obviously use the portals as you please. :)

Edit- Update, workbench 5, and comfort 15. Did me some mountaineering. Found a silver vein on the surface, which turned out to be physically touching two more just underground. :)
There's a portal upstairs in my Swamp Port building that takes you to the mining base on the mountain, but dont use it unless you have frost resistance AND are prepared to kill a stone golem (they like to spawn nearby, and I dont want one aggroed and wrecking my shit). There's a new portal at my original base called South Wolf which takes you to the base of a small mountain, but it does have wolves on it, if you're of a mind to try to lure and tame one or more. That one is safe to use, it arrives below the freezing line.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Need to be able to attach harpoon to more object types. Free my mind.

Honestly, if theres a working mod of this type I'm sorely tempted. I wanna grapple thru forest like Tarzan.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
That's my base now? I feel bad. I got distracted on my own server and haven't logged on to finish the tree fall pit. I'll hop on in a bit.