Valheim - Viking Survival Game (Early Access)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
We had an easy time with plains farming by taking over a small-medium size island and just putting a wall around it. Portal there and back once you get it up and running. We did stone walls but you could probably get away with wood. Not many spawns or attacks.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Made a base near Moder and Yagluth although I am using the yagluth one as a base atm. The gf and I might be on later to make a base for ourselves or maybe Moder fight???

Quineloe has a nice base right by Bonemass that can people use to repair/build. Portal to there right by starting stones
Can access the base near Moder one using portal "moder" or "moder1". No repair station or comfort yet. Currently 1/2 portals used from quineloes base
Can access the base near Yagluth using "yagluth" or "yagluth1". Lvl 5 workbench and lvl 6 forge and lvl 16 comfort. Need some chains to max out forge and comfort. 1/2 portals used from quineloe base as well

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
just let me know when you want to do something, it's dangerous to go alone. Mostly seen your tombstones

HAHAHA!! That's awesome. Yeah, I die a lot. I swear a lot at this game, too. Probably the most curse words I've uttered since playing EQ. Corpse runs are not fun. I don't mind them, but kinda wish there was a way to bind to a new area like you could in EQ to not have to always start from the beginning stones. The portals do help with CR's, though. I did have to borrow someone's boat at one point to get my corpse. I took whomever's ship was at Cynical's original base camp. I tried making a raft 4 times, but it would either fall apart, or I'd die trying to get to my corpse. I did return the ship to its port, however!

I'm having a love/hate relationship with this game right now. It definitely feels like original EQ, but it also has a ton of quick deaths like original EQ did, too. I like that the world is dangerous, keeps you on your toes. Not sure I like the game being skill based and not level based, though. Feels like even with better weapons and armor, I'm still getting my ass kicked on a frequent basis. I did see online that some mods have created 6 new classes to play in Valheim. That would really make things interesting!

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Varia Vespasa

Vyemm Raider
Corpse runs are not fun. I don't mind them, but kinda wish there was a way to bind to a new area like you could in EQ to not have to always start from the beginning stones. The portals do help with CR's, though.
Er, there is- just make a small building with a bed in it and click the bed to make it your spawn point...

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
HAHAHA!! That's awesome. Yeah, I die a lot. I swear a lot at this game, too. Probably the most curse words I've uttered since playing EQ. Corpse runs are not fun. I don't mind them, but kinda wish there was a way to bind to a new area like you could in EQ to not have to always start from the beginning stones. The portals do help with CR's, though. I did have to borrow someone's boat at one point to get my corpse. I took whomever's ship was at Cynical's original base camp. I tried making a raft 4 times, but it would either fall apart, or I'd die trying to get to my corpse. I did return the ship to its port, however!

I'm having a love/hate relationship with this game right now. It definitely feels like original EQ, but it also has a ton of quick deaths like original EQ did, too. I like that the world is dangerous, keeps you on your toes. Not sure I like the game being skill based and not level based, though. Feels like even with better weapons and armor, I'm still getting my ass kicked on a frequent basis. I did see online that some mods have created 6 new classes to play in Valheim. That would really make things interesting!
Jesus, you really have been doing it the ironman way, I'm sorry I thought you got my message originally when we played and I told you to make a bed that first night I was building that base and greydwarves prison raped you lol.

Yeah beds, put one near where you adventure often, even if its 4 walls a fire and a bed. I look at them as savepoints. Your experience will be faaar better now. edit: also you can have multiple beds all over, just update to the one you closest to as needed.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Varia Vespasa

Vyemm Raider
Multiple fagling villages down. No fucking flax
Just cleared a small fagling camp and a full-sized one. The small one had nothing, but the full-sized one had 2 barley fields and 2 flax fields so I'm plantin' mah way to victory!
About 90 dark metal off those two raids too. It was a good run. :)

• 1RAGE
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Made a G-key press E with a 20 ms interval.

What you see here takes two button presses (on and back off)

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Success! Found a factory farm of faglings. with 4 story towers and flax and barley!

• 1Like

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Feel like I'm getting a performance hiccup now and then at my base. Suspect it's the mutlipel trash pits from attacking monsters. Do any of the boxes hold more slots after the first? No way to destroy that I know of, think things would get better all stuffed in boxes so they arnt rendering and glittering?

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I think stuff dropped in out of the way area that been hasn't built on disappears after a certain amount of time. I'm not sure of the distance, I think stuff around buildings/bases stays around forever, or much longer.

It would be nice if the command to cleanup stuff worked on servers, I was considering just doing it the hard way, i.e once a week, or whatever, just download the world files and load in solo, wipe items, then upload the world, everything clean. people would need to pickup stuff, so a set "maintenance" prob best so people expect it.

I haven't been on, so if this a trick I need to do once in awhile, let me know.

Varia Vespasa

Vyemm Raider
Its bit more involved, but you can grab your boat and go chuck it in the ocean. Even the semi-deep water at the end of your pier will get rid of it in a few days. Related note- did you know that dark-metal shields float?...

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Random advice of little help. But for rivers that are like 20 feet wide, I've taken to trying to drop a tall ass tree across it. Then a quick bench and 4 bracketing vertical posts is a lot quicker than trying to bridge it with a legit bridge. Granted not cart worthy but I wonder if 2-3 large tree's felled with a tight bracket of posts might actually support a cart bobbing across.

Kiki

Log Wizard
My wife and I were talking about how Valheim needed VR last week, and now there is one. Gonna do that our next playthrough.

• 1Mother of God

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I tried to kill a troll that was absolutely smashing Quienloe's base into pieces, and after I died about the fifth time, I was about to give up, when all of a sudden I saw a message saying, "A cold wind blows from the mountains." After dying 3 more times (without even seeing anything), I looked it up, and I guess a drake was attacking. Good news is the drake got the troll's hit points down to about 1%, which made finishing him off very easy. Spent another twenty or so minutes rebuilding the parts of the fort that the troll and the drake had destroyed. That troll was out there for awhile, so needless to say now there's a million pieces of stone and wood lying outside of the fort. If there's one thing this game needs, it's an option to not auto pickup everything, or a way to permanently dispose of items.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
it's like fucking Berlin 1945 here...

1617802540526.png

interesting door...

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I couldn't finish the damn gate. It kept on falling apart! Lol.
fixed the gate, and left a troll head for you. funny enough another troll attack happened right as i was repairing.

Last edited:
  • 1Like