Valheim - Viking Survival Game (Early Access)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Varia Vespasa

Vyemm Raider
My Hall of Portals, partially complete. I plan to mirror it across the center so it will eventually have 2 underground galleries of portals and 3 above-ground. I may or may not layer 2 more galleries on top of that.
Screenshot 2021-04-13 01.38.48.png

Varia Vespasa

Vyemm Raider
The main house from outside. Obviously havent moved all the portals into the hall yet, and thus the smelters arent in proper position yet either. You can see my pig mega-breeder pit, although I still have to tweak it some, but when running it produces about 30 boars on a stack of carrots automatically with no no-breeding-due-to-overcrowding issues. Next up I'll be trying to do the same thing with the wolves next door.
Screenshot 2021-04-13 01.34.29.png
Screenshot 2021-04-13 01.34.51.png

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Does running over deer with a longship count as fishing or hunting?
1618309492010.png

1618309505964.png

Dicking around with the spawn command: How many deathsquitos does it take to kill 10 trolls?
1618310970929.png

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I really need to figure out how to get some video game maps into an online viewer that I can create and manage a geodatabase on top of. I'd love to host and maintain a map of a Valheim world that a bunch of us are building on.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Found a vein of 40 odd silver without killing bonemass. Dissapointed the golems crystal does nothing? Also farmed a decent bit of fagling metal but i guess i need 4th boss item to make the right furnace :(

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

rad

Lord of Guk
Found a vein of 40 odd silver without killing bonemass. Dissapointed the golems crystal does nothing? Also farmed a decent bit of fagling metal but i guess i need 4th boss item to make the right furnace :(

Display it, looks cool.

Varia Vespasa

Vyemm Raider
Note- a good trick for finding silver before Bonemass or the Elder- make a stagbreaker and run around in the mountains whacking the ground with it- If you see a "too hard" message, thats silver. Just keep whacking around the place to roughly triangulate and then go digging. Can do it in the swamp too for those hidden muddy debris piles for iron too if youre so inclined. Also works with the iron sledge. Of course you have to make your own arrangements for survival doing that, but bronze should serve, as long as youre careful and keep your food up.

(Note- you'll have to go swamp-pounding first till you get enough iron for a pick for the silver iirc?)

• 2Like
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 2 users

Sludig

Note- a good trick for finding silver before Bonemass or the Elder- make a stagbreaker and run around in the mountains whacking the ground with it- If you see a "too hard" message, thats silver. Just keep whacking around the place to roughly triangulate and then go digging. Can do it in the swamp too for those hidden muddy debris piles for iron too if youre so inclined. Also works with the iron sledge. Of course you have to make your own arrangements for survival doing that, but bronze should serve, as long as youre careful and keep your food up.

(Note- you'll have to go swamp-pounding first till you get enough iron for a pick for the silver iirc?)
Im well past most of that, full iron at this point though id dipped my toes into mtns in bronze. My bonemass spawn is hella far so was playing with the other biomes closer.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
No word on imminent updates?

I'd expect updates to be slow since they only have (had?) 1 developer. Even if they used their boat loads of cash to hire a bunch of new team members it would take a little bit to get them up and running. So probably gonna be slow for a while.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
They reduced the raise ground stone requirement to 2. Thank God

• 4Like
  • 1Mother of God

Varia Vespasa

Vyemm Raider
My Hall of Portals is now finished.
The original, under construction pic-
Screenshot 2021-04-13 01.38.48.png
And the final form-
Screenshot 2021-04-20 00.39.07.png
Screenshot 2021-04-20 00.39.30.png
Screenshot 2021-04-20 00.39.43.png
Includes a lvl 2 workbench and a lvl 4 forge so you can repair without having to leave the building, and a stonecutter for repairing the building itself. I wanna try to figure out a way to include a fireplace too, to dry people out as they arrive. Might be space between the forge and the stonecutter.

• 5Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Seen a video on reddit of this guy hazing people on the server. He put a sign up that said merchant and people would run through it. He had stacked portals to where you would run through it, fall and slide into another portal that would put you right back at the slide going back into the other portal. Jump as they may, there was no getting out of it. lul

I keep watching the patches, but I just want contenttttttttttt!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Gotta work up till raid tonight, but if you need a portal to yagluth theres a few open ones. Just make a portal to "yagluth1" or "yagluth2". All lowercase

Sludig

Trigger me timbers. While I'm proud I made the draugr bow before bonemass....

Built it, working on upgrading which took some talking 5 foot between boxes and forge multiple times getting items,,,, on the final upgrade accidentally crafted a new one because the tab always resets and the ingredients are near identical. So is costing me another trip up the mountain to finish the 2nd vein I found without the wishbone. Shame since I still might be short to make the silver sword, will just be happy w/ wolf armor/bow for now.

I noticed no silver tier mace? I wonder if it's even worth the time to make silver sword vs just gear up for the long boat ride to bonemass and then a shorter trip to the guy after him and then be ready to start smelting all the goblin ore I already have and make the next big melee weapon that comes after that. Esp since my sword skill is 1 vs I've only really used mace, and occasionally my ax in melee. (I liked the early spear, might try the wolf one for a quick chunk of dmg throwable short distance.)