Valheim - Viking Survival Game (Early Access)

Droigan

Blackwing Lair Raider
2,877
1,618
I recall being annoyed at the building system in the beginning but I'm not sure why. It's pretty easy once you get used to how it snaps n shit.

I've started my North map base. Moving all my stuff over from previous Ashlands save.

Parts that annoyed me with building when first trying the game was that I could never build the way I wanted to because things kept falling apart. It is never explained that you need stronger supports and you only get them later on. I mean, it is logical and makes sense, but when starting it feels very limited.
 

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
2,709
1,066
I heard they dropped the Cheat lock when using Dev commands now?

I have already restarted, but was curious.
 

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
48,878
198,349
I heard they dropped the Cheat lock when using Dev commands now?

I have already restarted, but was curious.
It clearly states if you use a cheat code you will need to enable cheat mode via command past the devcommand prompt, and doing so does the typical bork to achievements.
 

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
2,709
1,066
🛠️ How to Override the Lock (Steam Only)
If you want to use cheats/mods but still keep achievements unlocked, developers added a tongue-in-cheek override command: [1]
    • Press F5 to open your command console.
    • Type devcommands and hit enter.
    • Enter the exact string:
      text
      yesiuseddevcommandsbutiwantmyachievementsanyway

Not really a big deal, but I had heard they changed. (It was helpful in the past with building supplies)
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
11,714
2,682
There were mods to remove the lock like 15mins after launch too, but yeah they added a command for it. It doesn't make much sense to prevent achievements for cheating "legally" when you can just cheat in other ways or unlock achievements with a program anyway, plus some mods aren't cheating to begin with so being flagged as a cheater because you installed a qol mod to fix some of the game issues is just bad design.
 

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
51,396
94,206
We got our first iron. I'm enjoying the game but still feel like I'm playing Minecraft without redstone or villagers.
 

Shmoopy

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
5,346
23,848
On server that should finish last boss in next day or two. Great coop game. :emoji_thumbsup:
 
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
7,059
5,397
We just got iron and are converting our meadows base to stone. 1.5x gathering has been amazing.
 

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
28,806
21,891
I really wish they would re-work their trinket adrenaline system. It just feels unusable. I'd rather have a weaker passive stat than a "when bar fills from stuff then it go boom".
 

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
51,396
94,206
I really wish they would re-work their trinket adrenaline system. It just feels unusable. I'd rather have a weaker passive stat than a "when bar fills from stuff then it go boom".
Agreed. I was excited to get my first trinket but it's never triggered. Maybe it'd trigger during a boss fight? Right now it's not worth an inventory slot.
 

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
28,806
21,891
You gotta be hitting a lot of stuff so you don't really get to control when it's triggered. It would be so much better just as something you trigger. As much as I love this game there's a lot of qol that should be addressed.

I do recommend getting mods for stuff like:
- planting grids
- special inventory slots for gear and food

And less exciting: a clock

I also would get your mead processing going for Ashlands. That stuff can make things a lot less stressful.

I wish they would incorporate a helper for task automation. Give me one of those gnomes to help out dammit.

Currently I'm fully geared in Ashlands and just prepping for the boss. I'm breeding dozens of Asksvin for the fight lol.