VALORANT - Riot Games

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
As far as blackbars vs stretch; which is what i'm assuming you're talking about.

The easiest answer is that some of the pro's have been playing for a long time, and it was pretty much foolish to run anything other than 640x480 in CS1.6.. so it just stuck to running it when everything was swapping to TN wide; so some ran black bars over stretched. Moving from CRT and 4:3 wasn't natural had you been playing competitively extensively.. Then follows monkey see monkey do, [insert pro] does it, now so do I. Arguments and debates over things like better frames, which is reasonable.. to less mouse movement/visual area.. bigger models; blah blah. Tons of arguments on why or why not. If it makes you feel better, then do it; if you're disgusted by it, don't do it.

not sure what setting you're talkin about myself

are you saying using 640x800 60hz is better than 1920 x 1080 hdmi 144hz for this game?[/spoiler]

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Oh no, its just setting history. The people that do run 4:3 tend to either be of a few categories, ranging from old school, fps increase, or pro wannabes. Was answering why some pro's and why others not. I guess it wasn't technically relevant to the question.

I run 1920x1080. Some people run 4:3(1920x1440? idk).. it's just a matter of 4:3 stretched or 4:3 black bars. I haven't played with lower resolutions on valorant to know if there is any inherent benefits.. nor do I really care too much. CSGO did it because of "bigger models" and/or better fps.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I haven't seen anyone run this at 4:3

You want to run at the highest frame rate your monitor can handle and lock it down. Some overwatch pros run low settings to remove clutter/vegetation

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Summit runs his at extremely low pixels. Not sure, but like 920x728?
The thinking is that the higher the FPS (and it's over 200 at this point), the more you can see. Whereas with like 1920 x 1080, you couldn't see that much because either you missed it, or the FPS was too low.

It's crazy, I know. But, we've gotta have some standards in the esports arena. And playing it at a standard resolution is one of those standards. Until then, nobody will take esports seriously, nor should they.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I finally got into the closed beta. I've been enjoying Brimstone so far.

Got an Ace in my first game! (And I'll probably never get another lol.)

1588605834567.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Which guy here was the dev?

Now vanguard is disabling mice and keyboards because it doesnt like rgb software.

Why isn't riot responding to this shit?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

Allegedly bricking some PCs

Breaking sound drivers

Disabling kbm because of rgb software

PLUS the other stuff it already broke.

Again, why is it allowed to run at ring 0 AND why is it allowed to just turn shit off? The user should decide, and have the game not be able to run.

This is an absolute shit show

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Vanguard is running at Ring 0. It disables CPU / GPU temperature reporting.

Possibly mining or protein folding for Tencent?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah and a lot of people on Reddit throw around ring 0 Willy nilly like it's a normal thing - but as a user you can never get to ring 0 even if you have admin rights. This rootkit has the capability to completely disable your entire machine without even telling you

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Allegedly bricking some PCs

Breaking sound drivers

Disabling kbm because of rgb software

PLUS the other stuff it already broke.

Again, why is it allowed to run at ring 0 AND why is it allowed to just turn shit off? The user should decide, and have the game not be able to run.

This is an absolute shit show

Just uninstalled the game. Fuck that noise. I'll just play CS if I feel the need to play CS.

• 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Again, why is it allowed to run at ring 0 AND why is it allowed to just turn shit off?
Because the user lets them, and they get a cert from Microsoft after they promise not to do anything bad with it. And Riot has always been a shit company with shit tech. Who in their right mind builds a game on the Adobe Runtime? They just snowballed to popularity, but they always had that "company that grew too fast and made too much money with some shady morals" feel to it.

That is the "It works for 95% of people, so the problem must be on your end." responsibility deflection. That's it. That's how it's always been.

Even Microsoft themselves do it: "Bro, this Windows NT microkernel design is making the graphics slow. Let us put everything into the kernel!" And now your computer is easily hackable with font files because things like font rasterization runs inside the kernel. So who are they to tell other people what to do with their software?

because it doesnt like rgb software.
Well, maybe they are on to something. They were called a bro company for a reason:

pride.jpg

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you do uninstall this game, you have to manually uninstall vanguard. I went into program files, and found the vanguard folder still sitting in there. There is an uninstall.exe in the folder that removes it. I hope...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Be nice if a dev would respond

But the non response is response enough for me

Fag company can eat my corny shit

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
In Riot & Vanguards defense, it disables RGB software because it's a proven fact if you change everything to red then you go faster.

• 1Worf

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
If you do uninstall this game, you have to manually uninstall vanguard. I went into program files, and found the vanguard folder still sitting in there. There is an uninstall.exe in the folder that removes it. I hope...

Mother fucker!

Thanks dude, I didn't realize this.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Despite the above issues, seems like a pretty solid update and solid approach to adjustments on economy, guns, movement, abilities, agents, and maps.

Interesting econ changes, will be nice to see if there is any dramatic shifts. Made it to Dia1, but haven't hard grinded since everyone is still stuck in their cesspool trying to climb.. In plat/diamond, people managed econ pretty well with good understanding of save rounds and managing buys.. But when I'm playing lower ranks, even up to gold.. Either team will get stuck in a force buy loop, where they'll never be able to get a rifle and the winning team will never have to have a save round. Just a nice positive boost to the comeback mechanics.

Lool, random observations. I feel like people still don't realize that there is a calculator factoring your next round money and will minus your rnd current buy. Staying 3900 is ez guarantee for rifle/armor. Simple shit, big oversight on a lot of players I feel..

Also the walking accuracy state when transitioning from run to stop is funny. I always just thought counterstrafing, but everyone I've played with has cried numerous times about running and shooting. I use to run around like a mad man in pretty much all the variations of cs with a deagle, 1deaging constantly.. So it was a normal kinda call out other than random, randy, and interp. It's nice to see them try to approach it to match the models to counterstrafe movement with increasing deadzone accuracy to counterbalance the walking accuracy state.. Plus increasing proficiency with burst firing and one tapping is such a reward to solid aim.

Split changes look really good, yet to play it.. But we will see if it pushes it far enough to get rid of the de_nuke curse of being retardly defense sided.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Nearly 9K cheaters banned, including accounts they didn't hack on according to cheater discords.

People can shit their pants over Vanguard, but as long as they get results the serious players aren't going to give a shit.

• 1Worf