VALORANT - Riot Games

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Lirik and others are talking about the game on their stream atm. It sounds like Lirik really liked the game, but he was Global Elite in CSGO so it's not surprising.

Last edited:

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I’ll definitely see what I can do.
giphy.gif

Araxen

TF2 vibe in graphics. The game looks fun, but I'm going to be really bad at it.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Almost 1 million people watching Valorant streams on Twitch. Hopefully it lives up the hype the community has created for it.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I’ll definitely see what I can do.
Since it looks like I won't be getting a drop, feel free to have the powers that be tag Ravishing#NA1 with beta access. Much appreciated :D

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Looks really good,.I'm excited. I'll leave gale Adelaide on while I'm afk and hope for the best

Lenaldo

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'd be down for some closed access. Love CS and dabbled in OW. Really felt OW main issue was the shoot mechanics so this looks like a nice mix. Been watching the stream all day, but with 1 mil on doubt I'll get an invite. Plus Tuesday is my birthday and im sure you didnt get me anything.. again... ;)

Last edited:

xzi

Mouthbreather
gam sux gimme access so i can complain about it to a bunch of 46 year old men on foh

• 1Worf

Xevy

Log Wizard
I was never really into CS, and enjoyed OW a bit. I think the people who think they want this are going to get absolutely dick slammed by the 17 year olds with 200% our reflex time. I think that's why I preferred OW because I literally played against these pro bois and if they weren't Widowmakering me I actually held up fairly well. Longer TTK always puts more control in the smarter players hands. No brain aim kids will probably dominate this game, and that's fine, there really haven't been many twitch shooters like this since CS or your odd, unsuccessful Doom/Quake types that never hold up or last long.

Lenaldo

Golden Knight of the Realm
Well i actually got in via twitch.... Nice surprise!

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Fadaar

That guy
This game is going to huge be for streamers and e-sports. Maybe if Riot buttfucks Valve hard enough with this they'll make Half-Life 3. A man can dream :(.

I was never really into CS, and enjoyed OW a bit. I think the people who think they want this are going to get absolutely dick slammed by the 17 year olds with 200% our reflex time. I think that's why I preferred OW because I literally played against these pro bois and if they weren't Widowmakering me I actually held up fairly well. Longer TTK always puts more control in the smarter players hands. No brain aim kids will probably dominate this game, and that's fine, there really haven't been many twitch shooters like this since CS or your odd, unsuccessful Doom/Quake types that never hold up or last long.

The TTK in this is pretty quick, at least it was in alpha which is the same servers/build the streamer content is from. Wish I had time to play last weekend, probably could have gotten me a few streamer kills. Otherwise I only played 10ish or so matches but I held my own pretty well, think I had better than a 1:1 KD overall. I hadn't played CS since probably 2008 or 2009. There's multiple one shot kill headshot weapons, think I preferred the... Guardian? I think it was called? Basically looks like a G3, big semi-auto rifle. Abilities aren't too overpowering and are more control/utility than pure offense. No grenades so abilities take the place of that. You have to spend money on your Q/E/C ability charges so they're basically like grenades in that aspect.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1EyeRoll

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I work on it. Down to answer any questions about it when I’m able, if anyone is interested.
Appreciate the ama, thanks.

If you're able to, are you able to define your role in the development?

Are you guys bringing in for opinion, or have ex-professionals/historically high skilled players on the team?

On the current dev team, who are the top 3 skill wise? haha

I want to ask game questions, but not sure what you can answer.. but I guess regarding the characters and such; are you guys looking at windowed releases and/or looking to compare to league champion pool, or preferring a much smaller pool given the time of released.

and uhh, are you guys looking to expand game modes beyond defusal, or custom games?

Been watching the classic c9 roster play, listening to shroud whine about not getting keys to give out and seeing Hiko again has been great thus far. I just really hate todays format with the vods :c

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I work on it. Down to answer any questions about it when I’m able, if anyone is interested.

I heard this game is using UE4. Would you say the engine was able to handle most things out of the box or was there a great deal of customization required?

Did you guys pick ue4 for any particular reason? By the time you guys started development I imagine ue4 still wasnt free to the public.

I really love the ue4 engine and was surprised to hear Riot was using it, any other Riot games being built on it?

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Looks like my old ass will have a negative k/d in a game like this. I'll save myself the embarrassment and pass. Looks like a fun game though.

• 1Like