VALORANT - Riot Games

Needless

Toe Sucker
lmao my buddy who already got a key on the 4th got another drop today on the same account, while already playing the game

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Still no invite on my account that's been with Riot since League of Legends Closed Beta :(

How you guys liking it so far?

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm still at "work" so I've only played through the training. It's going to take some getting used to. I already knew I was going to still like Overwatch more, but I look forward to learning this game.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Still no invite here either :c

meanwhile, 3 of my friends in the same house all got the invite.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Does anyone know how to check what riot account i have linked to my twitch? i tried to be cheeky and make 3 dif accounts and i might have fucked up my main one XD

id buy someones drop from them if they dont want it or get a duplicate, i grew up on CS so this got me itchin bad

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Got an invite after watching Summit1g for 10 hours. Had it for over an hour before I noticed and now it looks like the login to download Valorant has crashed.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
So it seems like the login servers have been jacked up for hours now. I thought this only happened to small indie companies like Blizzard?

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
You could try to do the multiple account thing, but you'll have to also make multiple riot accounts. It's not a key or anything, but a whitelist to the linked riot account.

Regarding Seagull's statement, it sounds like he is self projecting his OW career. I never found him to be that good.. even in the beginning, just informative and calm.

yeh im trying to see what riot account is linked to my main twitch, it shows everything else like steam/blizzard accounts but for riot it just says connected
yea im never getting a key, just looked at users and theres literally 50-100kaccounts with 20 tabs open each

Last edited:

Araxen

Have you tried logging on to the Riot account on Riot's website, and see if it's linked there. I'd be surprised if there wasn't an option in the account settings to unlink them there.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
same.

Shroud is really good at this game. I bounced around between a lot of people and the best players I watched were 72Hrs, xQc and Shroud.
Shroud was the best shot, used the sniper really good
xQc makes flashy plays
72hrs was patient but smart

ninja is horrible, doc is bad, tim is bad, summit is meh, lupo is meh, seagull is meh/ok.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Game is very fun. I like that the guns are forefront and abilities are almost an afterthought. Unlike OW where the heroes are defined by their abilities.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I still hate how OW hides team stats (kills etc) from each other.
Im happy Riot didn't try any of that

Shmoopy

I heard this game is using UE4. Would you say the engine was able to handle most things out of the box or was there a great deal of customization required?

Did you guys pick ue4 for any particular reason? By the time you guys started development I imagine ue4 still wasnt free to the public.

I really love the ue4 engine and was surprised to hear Riot was using it, any other Riot games being built on it?

They mention "a netcode we’ve been obsessing over for years" and 144 tick servers so it sounds like they aren't using the built-in Unreal replication system. Other than that Unreal is basically designed for this for type of game - lobby or session based, mostly static levels and lighting.

But yeah it looks like CS. Hopefully they have bigger than 5v5 servers. I always liked 8v8 or 10v10 servers better back in CS. I want to relive my greatest CS moments: like going 22-1 camping the bridge in Aztec with an auto-sniper and got accused of cheating.

Last edited:

Araxen

I played three games tonight and went 2-1. Having to stop to shoot is such a hard habit to get in to.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
They mention "a netcode we’ve been obsessing over for years" and 144 tick servers so it sounds like they aren't using the built-in Unreal replication system. Other than that Unreal is basically designed for this for type of game - lobby or session based, mostly static levels and lighting.

But yeah it looks like CS. Hopefully they have bigger than 5v5 servers. I always liked 8v8 or 10v10 servers better back in CS. I want to relive my greatest CS moments: like going 22-1 camping the bridge in Aztec with an auto-sniper and got accused of cheating.

Tick rate and replication aren't related. Replication is how actors are synchronized between server/clients. Tick rate is how often the server verifies information. Default ue4 is 60 out of the box but you can easily adjust tick rates with UE4s built in methods. It's more of a hardware requirement to ensure the servers don't fry.

I'm sure Riot did some heavy customization, but since UE4 was built for this type of game I was merely inquiring how much they really had to do, and since UE4 was only released 8 years ago, I wonder what version they started on. Earlier versions would have much less features.

Last edited:

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Anyone in the beta have any insight into Raze? She seems like a big divergence from the gunplay>abilities mantra. Every ability does damage, and typically AOE damage.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I don't know the specific stats but having watched quite a few games.. it doesn't seem like her abilities do a lot of damage aside from her ult, which isn't much different from others. Her abilities seem more zoning, with the clusters and her rolling c4. I forget who it was, either Dizzy or Ace really enjoy her because of her satchel plays.. and could possibly main her.

.tv/xqcow/clip/ResoluteBlightedSnoodLitty

edit; i'm rtard and keeps linking his actual stream rather than said clip

Last edited: