Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines sequel? Remake?

Caliane

yep. they did finally get to it.
and Blood lines 2. not a remake.

set in Seattle apparently.

not epic store exclusive yet.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I always talked my way out of the graveyard fight. The quest design and writing in Bloodlines was fucking phenomenal. The combat could be good, but I thought it was best when it was you having fun with your specific vampire powers rather than min-maxing. I remember the first time I actually beat the game I was a Tremere, and I would be pure stealth if it was humans on account of the Masquerade, and just whole hog on blood magic in all other circumstances. I probably have started new games of VTM:B more than anything but Morrowind.

Arcanum and Fallout 2 probably come close, and I know a lot of those people all worked together.
its been awhile for me, but the dude in that video must be playing on pussy mode. on just regular, those zombies are super aggressive and i had to go full game boss concentration mode to beat that shit. it doesnt allow you any mistakes. this guy was farting around and he easily beat it. the thing about Bloodlines was that it kept you on your toes, i had to redo a lot of stuff and i was hampered by choices i made earlier. i think if you do the bar scene wrong it can bite you in the ass later on. there were many instances like that. the second time around was MUCH better, i didnt have to backtrack and i was able to play it in nosferatu and it was still a challenge. that game is probably one of the most replayable games ive ever owned.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Anyone else fucking hate listening to devs talk?

There is a reason they are developers people.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

that hilarious non answer by the head writer, who wrote Bloodlines 1, about how to make it relevant to 2019.

• 1Like

LiquidDeath

"How are you going to capture the zeitgeist of 2019?"

Well, I'm going to still have big titted hookers everywhere and we're going to call everyone faggots.

Just kidding we're going to be careful not to tell you what we're doing so we don't get shit on by SJWs.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Lead writer for 1st working as lead narrative
Set in Seattle
"Massive script"
Conversations shape the world
Question about what current era brings that was different from 2004, Narrative dude nearly choked on his own tongue trying to avoid answering in a way to make people angry (possible SJW issues stuff. Avoiding or hiding? World of Darkness RPG community has had SJW issues in the past few years)
Blood has a "flavour" that can influence your abilities

LiquidDeath

Lead writer for 1st working as lead narrative
Set in Seattle
"Massive script"
Conversations shape the world
Question about what current era brings that was different from 2004, Narrative dude nearly choked on his own tongue trying to avoid answering in a way to make people angry (possible SJW issues stuff. Avoiding or hiding? World of Darkness RPG community has had SJW issues in the past few years)

I'm not through the 1st game yet, but it would surprise me if the lead writer for what I've seen so far has turned SJW.

• 1Solidarity

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I'm not through the 1st game yet, but it would surprise me if the lead writer for what I've seen so far has turned SJW.

That was 15 years ago. Much has changed, and the people have changed as well. Even if he isn't a SJW, he might not have a choice in the matter. Paradox has been pretty good about this stuff so far though so I'm giving all of this the benefit of the doubt.

Caliane

"How are you going to capture the zeitgeist of 2019?"

Well, I'm going to still have big titted hookers everywhere and we're going to call everyone faggots.

Just kidding we're going to be careful not to tell you what we're doing so we don't get shit on by SJWs.
Set in Seattle. honestly, Brujah and Toreador would be utterly infested. Expect alot of it in game.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Really, I'd be perfectly find with SJW stuff being in it if it was factored into the clan politics. Use that shit as a way to get easy thralls(ghouls) and have the social upheaval over it in the backdrop as the clans try to learn how to adjust to a drastically different world.

• 1Like

Rime

<Donor>
Really, I'd be perfectly find with SJW stuff being in it if it was factored into the clan politics. Use that shit as a way to get easy thralls(ghouls) and have the social upheaval over it in the backdrop as the clans try to learn how to adjust to a drastically different world.

Absolutely. But if it is like Preludes, then it will be heavy handed and shoved down your throat.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Pretty happy it's a sequel, really hope it turns out to be a good game. World of Darkness is such an amazing gaming IP, always been bummed it's languished unused for so long. One good thing is them having Mitsoda on the project and the folks from Hardsuit seem to be big fans of the original game, going all out on just the proposal to Paradox.

Oh yeah, guess I should try to catch up on 5th edition, I'm out of the loop on the meta plot/story changes from classic version.

a_skeleton_01

<Banned>
its been awhile for me, but the dude in that video must be playing on pussy mode. on just regular, those zombies are super aggressive and i had to go full game boss concentration mode to beat that shit. it doesnt allow you any mistakes. this guy was farting around and he easily beat it. the thing about Bloodlines was that it kept you on your toes, i had to redo a lot of stuff and i was hampered by choices i made earlier. i think if you do the bar scene wrong it can bite you in the ass later on. there were many instances like that. the second time around was MUCH better, i didnt have to backtrack and i was able to play it in nosferatu and it was still a challenge. that game is probably one of the most replayable games ive ever owned.

The first time I played through I had no idea what I was doing and the graveyard was the 2nd hardest part of the game, right behind the whole sewer bit on the way to find the nosferatu. If you're coming into it fresh and don't know how bad you can get fucked by swarms of enemies with weird physics you're going to have a bad time.

Still have dumped probably over 500 hours into it in the last 15 years.

• 1Like

LiquidDeath

No, question bitch. I do not want my game to be a "meta-commentary" on current day Seattle. I don't want any commentary at all...except BioShock. That was some great commentary.

• 1Like