Vanguard - I don't give a fuck if it's dead, It's still brown as fuck (Download link in 1st post)

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Horrible release and technical issues or note, still the best MMO i've played in 13 years. Best class design by LEAGES (extremely diverse, each bringing various core things required to the table while not just maintaining an illusion of varying play styles but truly being unique for each class). Something for everyone with plenty of solo/duo quests exp mixed with stellar duengons and NON MAX LEVEL epic quests which took alot of work to finish BUT yielded amazing rewards. This worked better when the leveling curve was steeper, it became much less stellar when you could knock out levels so fast. The celestial area epic gear quest that spanned mid 20's to mid/late 30s (?) was exactly what games should have. I farmed and grinded and just enjoyed figuring out the whole quest line and what mobs had what etc, I had the first epic/red castor item from that and I used it all the way into first tier raiding as it was amazing and hard as fuck to get.

These are the things that made that game just great. Fuck Brad, Fuck MS, and everyone else that got in the way of taking down by far the best MMO ever created (for my playing style and general gaming philosophy). Game wasn't ment for the mass crowds I won't lie...but for those that appreciated hard work and fair rewards for your hard work, it was a diamond in the ruff.

edit -also the game was not easy. They made nerfs here and there but it had plenty of ass raping parts after the game was in full swing. Hell APW there was what, 5 of us (guilds) that had killed Kota after like 6 months of the release of APW? Fuck I'd go download it right now if it wasn't for FFXIV coming out shortly. I had to re-retire a bit prior to the announcement of F2P mainly because of the fact I just couldn't continue to raid knowing the game was not going to be remotely supported ever again like it should be.

Cerzi

Golden Knight of the Realm
I fucking loved Vanguard for the first 2-3 months, and throughout the beta. They fucked up trying to make it more appealing to the mases at the last minute. If they just stuck to their guns then Vanguard would've probably retained a solid and healthy bittervet playerbase, being still pretty much the only hardcore commercial MMO around.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Ignore qwerty... For some reason he's decided to go full retard on EQN because he saw an unfinished, untuned tech demo where the Mobs had no ai. Oh, and also the cat people race looks too cartoony. Game is a disaster.

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh right, EQN is that "game" with "no levels lol". What are those confounded hipster kiddies calling it nowadays? Cow tier? The Plane of Manure?

Ignore qwerty... For some reason he's decided to go full retard on EQN because he saw an unfinished, untuned tech demo where the Mobs had no ai. Oh, and also the cat people race looks too cartoony. Game is a disaster.
The mobs attacked the guy in one part so must have some AI. And then they all get killed with 1 spell...

Calling it an untuned tech demo is even more presumptuous than me assuming that's how it will be at release.

I feel bad for you guys because I think you are in denial about it. They promised a return to form and they delivered a shitty kids game. It's obviously, Guild Wars 3.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Dude, it was stated the mobs had no ai, and the ones that moved were under dev control...

At least pretend to be in the know when you make broad statements like that.

Truck loads of horseshit. You could give those mobs the AI from a terminator, they are all still going to go splat when you cast your 1 wizard spell. You got bullshitted man, you'll accept the truth eventually, then you can come to me for hugs.

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Dude, it was stated the mobs had no ai, and the ones that moved were under dev control...

At least pretend to be in the know when you make broad statements like that.
In the end it doesn't really matter what they have implemented at the moment. What does matter (to me anyway) is how they decided to present the game and which of their limited available features they decided to highlight. Things like double jump, auto pilot parkour, OMFG BBQ particles, Dreamworks Lion, Multiclass (so new!
cool.png
) and brawler style combat. All of these things go a long way towards pointing out their target demographic and what SoE thinks is bright and shiny enough to rake in the dough.

The game is years off and anything could happen but I think that the reveal shows their attitude towards gaming fairly accurately; lots of flash and gimmicks gleaned from other games. Player made content was going to happen eventually and kudos to them for being the first to come up with a system to exploit it. It's just a pity that this game has nothing in common with EQ but a name.

Here's to hopping that they can actually implement their tech ideas competently and have the sense to offer a variety of rule set servers.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Player made content was going to happen eventually and kudos to them for being the first to come up with a system to exploit it.
City of Heroes had player made content for a while before they shut down (and some of it was better than the dev made content). EQ2 has player made content, although from what I could tell it's kind of shitty.

City of Heroes had player made content for a while before they shut down (and some of it was better than the dev made content). EQ2 has player made content, although from what I could tell it's kind of shitty.
I played a small indie MMO many years ago, which was based largely on player made content. The players could make it and keep it to themselves and even run their own servers with the official game, and the player's own content. Or they could just share it with the official server (which is what most people did). Only problem was that the "tools" were basically just Python, so it meant that the average person couldn't make anything.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
CoH was pretty easy to use, once you did it once or twice to figure it out. They also had a rating system, so the better ones kind of came to the top of searches and you got special rewards for playing them, rating them and creating ones that were rated highly.