Vanguard - I don't give a fuck if it's dead, It's still brown as fuck (Download link in 1st post)

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
My computer is relatively new, and I can run something like Far Cry 3 on max. Not sure what the fuck is with this game.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Shader compilation used to be the culprit. I think they cache that now somehow so you should only hitch badly the first time you enter an area in theory? I'm not really sure how it works.

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
Shader compilation used to be the culprit. I think they cache that now somehow so you should only hitch badly the first time you enter an area in theory? I'm not really sure how it works.
You are correct.

Furthermore, years ago they nerfed the graphics so they could streamline them for more Low end, Middle end pcs to make the game playable.

1 example was the orignal character models most of us liked better then what they use now, Despite the crappy Uni-body models they decided on for smaller, larger races.

Also as farr as shaders go, does not matter one bit if you use provided shaders or dont use them now cause they disabled that years ago as well, sadly.

Those of us that have had High end pcs for few years, let alone now would be dam nice to turn off the provided shaders, use the real ones but sadly it makes zero difference.

khysanth_sl

shitlord
Is there much of a population for this game? It was one I always wanted to be successful.

What is it like for a brand-new player? Are most people at the max level or are there good populations across the levels?

Pilforgod

Silver Knight of the Realm
Is there much of a population for this game? It was one I always wanted to be successful.

What is it like for a brand-new player? Are most people at the max level or are there good populations across the levels?
With it being Free To Play now, there's a healthy low-mid level player base. You can usually pretty easily find people to group up with for the dungeons/quests and I'm making money selling stuff as a crafter still right now. The FTP model is also excellent in that you can do everything and items from the store you might want can many times be found on the exchange for in-game currency (unlockers, keys, mounts etc.). With all that said, I actually did sub a few weeks ago and don't regret it. When I came back it was just me and a buddy in his old guild of no-one and now we have about 6-10 people on at night after recruiting a bit.

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord

Yes roll on Telon server its has most the days and nights good pop to group, newbie isle is packed.

Lots of guilds to help you also.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Crazy that VG is still kicking, I hope some of the devs like Avair and Tiraslee ended up on EQ3.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
If they fixed the hitching since release and populated the zones better then ya. The classes / combat / UI / etc are all legit.

Pilforgod

Silver Knight of the Realm
It has an EQ feel to it, lots of nifty quests to do for cool items. The community is really helpful, but it's a small community. That said, still plenty of help to go around if you need it.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Finally got it to not crash. Spent a few hours playing and am up to level 7 disciple. Seems decent. I kinda feel like an asshole playing disciple though, if that's what everyone is playing.

Went with whatever tradeskill makes light armor (craftsman?). Hopefully I picked right.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
For the love of god. If you start playing this game, do yourself a favor. Don't raid. I was having so much fun. Then I hit level 52 and went on my first APW raid. I unsubbed an hour later.

calla_sl

shitlord
Finally got it to not crash. Spent a few hours playing and am up to level 7 disciple. Seems decent. I kinda feel like an asshole playing disciple though, if that's what everyone is playing.

Went with whatever tradeskill makes light armor (craftsman?). Hopefully I picked right.
quest/drops will always be better

Quaid

Trump's Staff
The raid game is awful because it just feels SO out of date. Encounters are unimaginitive, zones are boring...and my god... the lag... the lag...

The only way I would recommend raiding in VG is if you enjoy having to have levitate on (THE WORST implemented levitate skill in any game I have played) 100% of the time, lagging and drifting all over the place, while you are forced to look at the ground at minimal graphics prefs the whole time. Awful.