Vanguard - I don't give a fuck if it's dead, It's still brown as fuck (Download link in 1st post)

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
In that case, I guess me and my integrated laptop won't check it out. This is why modern developers are retarded. In the most literal sense.
You can find a decent laptop with a build in Nvidia card for sub 500$ these days. Avoid the ones with Intel like the plague if you even think you'll be playing any games.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
You can find a decent laptop with a build in Nvidia card for sub 500$ these days. Avoid the ones with Intel like the plague if you even think you'll be playing any games.
You miss the point. I, and 99% of the rest of the population, aren't going to buy a new computer to play a videogame. This wasn't always true for myself, but it is now.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
With many of those onboard chips, it just physically is not possible to make something work on them. The architecture is sort of like a modern console (which is slow) only about 100 - 1000 times slower.

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
http://forums.station.sony.com/vg/in...iversary.1020/

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes will be six years old on January 30th, 2013, and it's time to celebrate! Host Linda Carlson (Director of Community Relations) will sit down with Harvey Burgess (Producer), Steve Danuser (Creative Director), and Corey LeFever (Game Designer) to chat about Vanguard's 6th Anniversary and the recent changes to free-to-play and membership benefits.

Join us on Thursday, January 24, 2013, at 4:00 p.m. US Pacific Time* on Twitch TV! The webcast is expected to last about 20 minutes.

Come and celebrate Vanguard's Birthday with us!

See you on Twitch TV!

feratua

Golden Knight of the Realm
Fair fucks to Moorgard. It looks like he has stuck with this game for the last 6 plus years!

I might have to pay it a revisit out of respect to a fellow ex Xev'ite.

Just restarted a druid. I have a shit ton of Ranger gear that I am willing to give away if any of you need it....I'm not exactly sure what is soul bound and what isn't though...I'll let you know!

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
loot please! also feel free to add grumblethorn my ranger and nargoroth my necro to your friends list if you ever need help

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
Dont forget today is the SOE Webcast: Vanguard 6th Anniversary its at 4 pm PST on Twitch TV below is the link.

http://www.vanguardthegame.com/news/...012013&id=1534

Also Patch notes for today.

http://forums.station.sony.com/vg/in...-24-2013.1047/

Game Update Summary - Thursday, January 24, 2013

Vanguard's 6th Anniversary

? Vanguard launched on January 30, 2007. The development team wants to wish all our players a Happy Anniversary! Thanks to all of you for making the world of Telon such a fun and memorable place to play over the past six years.

? Speak to the Historian of Telon in New Targonor to receive an anniversary gift bundle!

? Join members of the Vanguard Team on January 30th for some dancing, fireworks, and reminiscing festivities! The party will take place in Ahgram, near the docks and the Gift-o-Matic 5000 on Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 12:00 p.m. Pacific time on Halgar and at 6:00 p.m. Pacific time on Telon.

? Join members of the Vanguard team in a live webcast on Thursday, January 24, 2013, at 4:00 p.m. Pacific on Twitch TV! We'll chat about Vanguard's 6th Anniversary as well as the recent changes to Free-to-Play accounts and Gold membership benefits.

Veteran Rewards

? Previously existing veteran rewards are once again available. If your account has rewards available, you will see a message when you log in telling you that there are items waiting to be claimed.

? To receive rewards, open the Marketplace and click the Claim button near the bottom of the window.

? Note: This update only affects previously available rewards. New veteran rewards will be implemented in a future update.

? Certain rewards can only be claimed on a single character, while others can be claimed on every character on the account. This is indicated in the claim window.

? The contents of certain bundles have been modified.

? Stats on the Signet of Promise have been restored.

Marketplace

? Three new Digital Collector's Edition bundles have been added to the Marketplace, themed around Vanguard's three spheres: Adventuring, Crafting, and Diplomacy.

? The items from the original boxed collector's edition have been revisited, and in some cases improved upon. Each bundle contains items appropriate to its related sphere:

o A bust that can be placed in a guild hall which gives bonuses to all guild members.

o A cloak with sphere-related stats.

o New title: "Collector".

o Horseshoes with a ground mount speed buff.

o Four colors of fireworks.

? These sets differ from the boxed collector's edition in that they do not put any flags on your account. The items included in the bundles are bound to the character on which you purchase them, just like other Marketplace items.

? An individual character can buy more than one bundle, though certain items can only be acquired once on a single character.

? Note: If placing more than one of the three busts (Jeric, Idara, or Eila), only the buff from the first statue placed in the guild house will be active. To switch buffs, pick up the other busts and place the desired bust in your guild house first.

General

? Gold members now have a slightly higher chance to acquire rare drops while adventuring.

? The damage and proc chance of the Necromancer epic have been improved.

? Queen Vixxaeva now has a faction assigned.

? Activating the Reduced XP Gain ability will now negate the 50% experience bonus given to Gold members.

UI Files Updated

Zatozia, 26 minutes ago

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
Guys, vet rewards are back in now as of the patch today.

Also the 2nd home recall for subbed , needed more polish so they did not get it in today should be next week.

Also head to New Targnor entrance the anniversary rewards npc is their get your items 36 slot bag with stats, 100% exp potions, 6 diplomacy cards, new in game title, stat potions, fireworks, some other stuff for all your characters FYI.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Can you give an example of what the vet rewards are? I'm sure I have some on my account, but I don't want to re-install just to check.

You miss the point. I, and 99% of the rest of the population, aren't going to buy a new computer to play a videogame. This wasn't always true for myself, but it is now.
Umm if gaming is your hobby then ya a fair amount of the population is more than willing to spend a little cash on their hobby. Its not 1999 anymore and it doesnt take two grand to buy a gaming PC or laptop for that matter that gives good performance. Just cuz you cheaped out and got some shit walmart sale lappy with integrated intel graphics is your issue. Some pc's and laptops are just not made for games unless your talking about browser type shit.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Game developers should definitely only aim as highly as integrated laptop graphics will allow them.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Umm if gaming is your hobby then ya a fair amount of the population is more than willing to spend a little cash on their hobby. Its not 1999 anymore and it doesnt take two grand to buy a gaming PC or laptop for that matter that gives good performance. Just cuz you cheaped out and got some shit walmart sale lappy with integrated intel graphics is your issue. Some pc's and laptops are just not made for games unless your talking about browser type shit.
It's the same concept behind making games for consoles. Dev's don't make games that don't function on the current gen of consoles, because then anyone with an unmodded console wouldn't be able to play their game. They work within limits.

The whole, "PC's are cool bc you can push the limits," argument has gone the way of the dodo. A lot of the success for games like World of Warcraft and League of Legends is due to the fact that there is zero barrier to entry. Anyone with a PC can play their game.

So, let's say you're right and, "a fair amount of the population is more than willing to spend a little cash on their hobby". We'll also say "a fair amount of the population" is 20%. As a developer, would you want to create a game that only 20% of the population are willing to upgrade for an opportunity to play, instead of making a game that 100% of gamers can play out of the box?

My point isn't that making games with badazz graphix is bad. My point is that, with MMO's, limiting your user base, from the get go, by implementing systems only accessible by a minority of gamers is pretty short-sighted. If you want to create a game and market it to your niche super-computer players, so be it, but it won't be a WoW killer.

Grizzlebeard_sl

shitlord
The whole, "PC's are cool bc you can push the limits," argument has gone the way of the dodo.
You reminded me ofthis threadthat was floating around in VG's early days. The crux of the discussion was the game was designed for the top end machines on the market at the time and the expectation was people would upgrade to play. I vaguely recall Brad stating a $2k figure for what would be acceptable to spend to get the game to run at around 30fps.