Vanguard - I don't give a fuck if it's dead, It's still brown as fuck (Download link in 1st post)

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
Don't bother playing. It's better, but it's still shit. And I'm convinced that the only people still playing it are ass burgers. No one talks. At all. I'm already uninstalling it.
yeah everyone was just silently running the exp quests with boxed disciples when I tried the game

was dum

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you're still solo questing at around level 15 then you're doing it wrong. Questing in VG sucks, you can get from 15-50 doing nothing but dungeons.

Is there a mod to do crafting, so I don't get carpal tunnel?
Innerspace, but keep it under your hat.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
well 43-47 sucks ass because your to high level for graystone and to low for Raz Inkhur Mnalus lair or Temple of Tehtemani.

BTW if anyone has a finchs warbow +3 or regular one without the level requirements i want to buy one.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is there any guide out there on the lockboxes (particularly what sort of stuff can come out of the different types)? Googling hasn't netted much for me. I'm assuming that the silver vs. bronze vs. copper probably changes the odds of getting a rare loot out of whatever type of box, is that correct?

Destante

Lord Nagafen Raider
well 43-47 sucks ass because your to high level for graystone and to low for Raz Inkhur Mnalus lair or Temple of Tehtemani.
I'm pretty sure I messed around in the Xennu area getting the clickies I wanted and doing the dungeon for the heroic armor around those levels. The dungeon is fun and all the bossed drop coins and heroic stuff but Highfather was bugged still at that time so we never did kill him but flying around in those power suits was win.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
rofl pinip is my alternate personality anomander rake here, in that i am not him and he is not i. aleks what is your character names? 51 ranger lfg !

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
I'm pretty sure I messed around in the Xennu area getting the clickies I wanted and doing the dungeon for the heroic armor around those levels. The dungeon is fun and all the bossed drop coins and heroic stuff but Highfather was bugged still at that time so we never did kill him but flying around in those power suits was win.
Tricksters, swamp armors are in that range also isle of madness and Xennu stuff. I have yet to go to xennu however but the key quest was fun.

Fuya_sl

shitlord
I started playing this game recently and so far I like it. Reminds me of old EQ but with some modern features add in. The engine definitely needs some tweaking done to it. Even with an i5 and a 2gig 7850 the game can hitch when bring objects into view. I sometimes wonder if an SSD would eliminate the hitching by just sheer brute forcing the engines short comings.

I plan on running dungeons as a tank and not sure how players run them. Is it like EQ in that you farm name spawns for as long as people are willing to stay? Or do people just clear to the bottom and leave like these modern MMOs of today?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Are necromancers still awesome and have to harvest corpses to find scavenged organs to shove in their pets?

Grizzlebeard_sl

shitlord
Yep, necros are still coolawesomeness. Max level pets can be scary.
Loved my VG necro despite the slew of little bugs like pets vanishing on zoning. That quest you did where you had to choose between wraithform and skeleton was pretty awesome I recall. Did all classes have a similar mid-level class quest chain like that?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Loved my VG necro despite the slew of little bugs like pets vanishing on zoning. That quest you did where you had to choose between wraithform and skeleton was pretty awesome I recall. Did all classes have a similar mid-level class quest chain like that?
I know at least shaman and monk did at launch. Permanent mid-level choices that changed the way your character played forevers was an excellent design decision that couldn't possibly have downsides
wink.png

If I remember right, shaman got to choose one of three patron animals, which determined what spells the shaman got for leveling. Wolf=Melee DPS. Bear=Tank and Healing. Phoenix=Nuker.

Monks had various "styles" they got to pick, but their names escaped me. One was Drunken Fist or something, the avoidance tank spec.

I assume that the current game probably lets you respec those choices, if the choices exist at all.

wink.png