Vanguard - I don't give a fuck if it's dead, It's still brown as fuck (Download link in 1st post)

Hosix

All labs matter!
I'm at work the next few days, I hope I don't fall too far behind the group.

It’s all good. It seems like shaman HoT doesn’t work and the next bear thing isn’t working.

I will be catching up my disciple and prolly making something else.

I always end up going to some out of the way dungeon and exploring. The sheer size of a few of them is crazy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
It’s all good. It seems like shaman HoT doesn’t work and the next bear thing isn’t working.

I always end up going to some out of the way dungeon and exploring. The sheer size of a few of them is crazy.

Yeah, I'm loving the alts and will play what the group needs. I'm loving those dungeons, there are so many.

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
1641503938074.png
1641505379976.png
1641505400028.png

Finding some decent stuff at least. Not better than lvl 50 vendor armor, but still nice to see it drop.

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Unfortunately we didn't get a toon there to lot it in time.

Super sad

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Shaman is a little more complicated than just some spells also. Their system and callings I can see taking some time to fill in. Rogue is low priority likely because of its popularity. Not that many people cared about rogue on my server. It definitely wasn't like Roguecraft with WoW. Was the opposite on my server. VG was a lot of hybrids and casters.

I miss the itemization system. Felt so much better than WoW.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Two days out and I'm still dreaming of grouping in dungeons. This experience makes me want Pantheon to succeed.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fuck you guys. Time to login. Been hauling this shit around for the past 14 years. Anybody want a free 10-day Trial?

IMG_0326.jpg
IMG_0328.jpg
IMG_0329.jpg
IMG_0330.jpg
IMG_0331.jpg

• 5Like
  • 4Mother of God
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 9 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
How's this emulatior? Is it similar to P99 when it comes to content completion?
No, it’s missing a lot of stuff from live. It’s constantly being updated but it’s more like an emulator to get on and fuck around at low to mid levels and check out the world than a finished emulator like eq.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I just realized there is a appearance tab and most of the garbage loot from the newb island is appearance stuff. Check out my scrub necro

1641580018023.png

Edit: Necro is by far the most OP class I've played so far

Last edited:
  • 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Yeah necros are wild in this game.

Kostapud is my druid btw.

• 1Solidarity

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It hasn't gone gold yet. It's in ultra pre-alpha phase but they're working nonstop on it.
How amused I would be if this pile of broken toys emulator came together and was in a P99 state before Pantheon even hit regular Alpha.
Yeah necros are wild in this game.

Kostapud is my druid btw.
I really enjoyed the tab system. Definitely a system that could be picked up and expanded upon so that you could keep all your cosmetic shit. I remember digging my Diplomacy outfit back in retail.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I still have the original box, but it's just the pleb level original. I didn't spring for any upgraded options.

Its a bittersweet reminder that VG had a full rollout. If SOE bit down and ran the costs up for another 6 months and demanded CTD and group invites be fixed, it would have thrived.

The group disconnect bug was something you needed to be a true fan of the genre to get past. Constant reinvites, disbands, over and over. Group dropped. Group dropped. Especially when WoW was still killing it and EQ2 wasn't exactly irrelevant. The competition was fierce. Age of Conan came out within the next 10 months after Vanguard launched and got big attention as well.

Your group throwing you out of it randomly was probably the biggest killer to Vanguard. The CTD's weren't that bad. It was the group bug that just kicked you in the nuts. Each session you would lose your group at least 15-20 times. That's not really a bug you go gold with. That's something you need to delay launch and eat the costs on.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I remember the chunking issues were pretty bad as well. Chalk that up to bad game design plus the shit computers we had back then.