Vanguard - I don't give a fuck if it's dead, It's still brown as fuck (Download link in 1st post)

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Friend and I are giving this a go. I made a disciple and he made a dreadnaught.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I'm picturing you in a tricorne hat standing atop your friend's prow giving the order to for broadside firing in a great naval battle.

Cerzi

Golden Knight of the Realm
Having big problems finding groups on any of my characters (ranging from 1-43) which is a huge letdown after my first session back (where I got a bunch of really fun groups). I guess it's mainly the fact I'm in the EU, but it's a shame cos I really can't be fucked with playing this game solo. It really is a game to group in. Back at release I don't think I did a single thing solo, and it was fantastic.

kudos

<Banned>
If anyone wants to head to Kagnor's End PM me so we can find a good time to be online. Grandoise is my name in-game.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So going to be doing some 3man grouping with RL friends. One friend is going to be a pally. We are thinking about going Disc and blood Mage. How would that do for a trio? Will we lack in DPS?

bytes

Molten Core Raider
If you want to kill reasonably fast, absolutely. Last time i played, i duoed pally/cleric with a buddy and we did some serious shit by carefully managing our cooldowns; was a lot of fun. But if you want some decent dps, switch out one of the healers.

I would probably keep the bloodmage, the class is just too nice to pass up on it.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea DPS is my concern. Disc offers cool stuff with its utility so I'm not sure what's more important.

Fuya_sl

shitlord
Tell your bloodmage to go psionicists and I consider that a damn good three man group. The psionicists does decent dps and being able to lock down multiple adds is a life saver. The psionicists can lock down three adds reliably allowing you to focus fire one down. If more than three show the paladin can keep one from doing any damage with a blind judgement, as long as it is a melee mob.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
They should of did to this game what ffxiv did to theirs. Fix the shit and re-release.

AngryDwarf

Trakanon Raider
I'm about to try this out with my S/O. I know basically nothing about the game, any advice re: classes we should play?

Opimo_sl

shitlord
I'm about to try this out with my S/O. I know basically nothing about the game, any advice re: classes we should play?
Play what's fun. I suggest tank / healer though. They make the core of any group, and a lot of the good content is in dungeons. I have a level 19 ranger that I've started playing, so if anyone wants to group hit me up. If anyone new starting wants to form a static group, I'll be happy to re-roll and level with you.

This game needs a really good community behind to be fun. It's a shame because the tools are there for solid static groups to be made - Brotherhoods allow for offline leveling of your friends by splitting up XP, even if they aren't playing. Caravans allow for offline travel to the caravan leader's position while offline as well (it will give you the option to login to the game world near the caravan leader, or your last position).

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
This is going to be my backup game to start over again in if FFXIV gets old ( still enjoying ).

What's the overall technical state of the game ? As in if you've got an oc'd high ghz machine with tons of ram -and high end video card can you crank it up fairly high high and run it smoothly ?

Opimo_sl

shitlord
The game doesn't perform badly, unless you're crossing over to another chunk (where your character has to transfer to another physical server). I just treat them like zone lines with small loading times. You'll see bad performance when you first load into the game as all the shaders and textures come in, but after that you should maintain steady FPS.

The biggest problem, visually anyways, is the lack of sync between damage and animations. Damage will register before the animation finishes.