Vanguard - I don't give a fuck if it's dead, It's still brown as fuck (Download link in 1st post)

So, can you guys fix the hitching? If so, I'm in.
smile.png

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Shit they are communicating to the few of us following the thread, they already have outperformed them.

You guys who played towards the end, was the performance better? It was never horrible for me after the raiding fiasco the first couple of weeks.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Shit they are communicating to the few of us following the thread, they already have outperformed them.

You guys who played towards the end, was the performance better? It was never horrible for me after the raiding fiasco the first couple of weeks.
Nope. After the Cave of Wonders patch, it got even worse. I remember on the last day a GM spawned a boat and like 20? Of us got on. When we chunked, 1/2 got dc'd, the other spawned off the boat

Agraza

Registered Hutt
There were a number of appealing concepts in Vanguard, but I tried it a couple times during free trials and the performance issues always discouraged me from pursuing it more seriously. Load times and framerate drops break the illusion. Ease of use/Accessibility should be the #1 priority of any game.

Destante

Lord Nagafen Raider
Does anybody know what dictated a mobs abilities in Vanguard? Did they have classes assigned to them or were they just hand done based on race and the area they were in. Were they divided up by archetype? I spent some time digging last night since I cant remember offhand and wasn't able to come up with anything concrete.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I wouldn't get my hopes up that the chunking problem can be fixed, even if these guys are the most awesome amateur dev team around. The root cause is that Sigil used an engine that wasn't built around seamless, open-world environments, and they did a terrible job trying to make it work.

Xinux

Lord Nagafen Raider
I wouldn't get my hopes up that the chunking problem can be fixed, even if these guys are the most awesome amateur dev team around. The root cause is that Sigil used an engine that wasn't built around seamless, open-world environments, and they did a terrible job trying to make it work.
Yup but what we can do is try to make chunking as quick and painless as possible one way is we are only going to send about 1/2 the packets live sent when chunking. For instance every time you chunked in live it resent the entire marketplace to the client and for some reason it doubled other packets for no apparent reason i can find as of right now.

Volt is making good progress with npc dialog interaction.
rrr_img_79937.jpg

Here is the latest commits.

Whats the estimate to a playable beta right now? 2 years? Maybe longer?
A couple years out I believe is the estimate, but things seem to be moving at a pretty quick rate, so who knows. However, once content development starts, you will at least be able to check out to confirm NPCs/Quests/Quest Text(s) are correct. I believe the plan is they are going to work on the other systems (combat, etc) while content development is going on, since they seem pretty focused on getting us the system set up to start developing content right now.

Tannlin_sl

shitlord
I logged in as a gnome to run around Mekalia some.

Quick questions -

Best way to find out how to help?
What sort of help is needed?
And is there an ETA on fixing running up stairs? lol

I logged in as a gnome to run around Mekalia some.

Quick questions -

Best way to find out how to help?
What sort of help is needed?
And is there an ETA on fixing running up stairs? lol
Best way to help/what sort of help - if you can code, you can certainly help the dev team out. If not, you can either wait a bit more and help with content development (placing spawns, quests, etc) or test them out as they are put out. You can also help test the systems as they are put into the Emu. Head over tothe forumsto keep up with the progress.

ETA of stair fix - the devs are pretty sure it is client side, which is something they won't be fixing due to legal issues.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
leveling up with a committed emulator crew in VG will be a blast. the game was designed for 6 people to have an amazing time.
Agree. I had a static group with 4 other people, we all picked classes we were not used to playing (We all had mains in the top raiding guild) and went through dungeons we hadn't been through before. It was some of the most fun I've ever had in an MMO.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Can someone pm the vanguard download? Old guildies and vanguard players are interested and so am I sooner or later.