Vanguard - I don't give a fuck if it's dead, It's still brown as fuck (Download link in 1st post)

Xinux

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thanks to Volt's hard work, we have some basic NPC Dialogs working -- so well in fact, my cheeks hurt from smiling at being able to write a LUA script and click the options
smile.png
Bravo, Volt!

Everyone should come to Isle of Dawn on New Telon, and speak to Tan Fen Greatcloud. He has an interesting story to tell you!

rrr_img_81099.jpg

And while we are posting progress, here is some more!

It needs a little more work and then I have to clean out some stuff that doesn't belong in the starting abilities, implement the subclasses.

rrr_img_81100.jpg

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Keep up the great work. Myself and other former VG players looking forward to playing on the Emu!

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
You so mad Bells, I kind of liked it but thought it was pretty bad when they gave you the freebie bracelet.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
I hate that chunk. Made all 1-10 dungeons obsolete & Silius changed all mobs from 3-4 dots to 2-3 so they were soloable.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
How does this run compared to the original? Still a lag fest, hitching?

Either way, good work...seems to be progressing pretty fast...has Brad tried getting you to "work" for him yet?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I hate that chunk. Made all 1-10 dungeons obsolete & Silius changed all mobs from 3-4 dots to 2-3 so they were soloable.
I guess that's a good point. I remember leveling in Khal working down to the start city from the noob area and then doing the PAW clone dungeon through like level 8. Those were good times, there is an insane amount of dungeons in this game.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I guess that's a good point. I remember leveling in Khal working down to the start city from the noob area and then doing the PAW clone dungeon through like level 8. Those were good times, there is an insane amount of dungeons in this game.
Hopefully, at some point, the emu will be at a point where others can run their own version of the game and correct/alter some of that stuff. That's what I am really interested in. It's been said a million times, but VG had a ton of potential that could be harnessed by passionate fans to create the game that should have been. I'm being overly optimistic here, I realize.

Good work, but the Isle of Dawn should be burned to the ground.
I am sure it will. The devs are trying to get everything as it was at sunset before any changes or additions are made. I know most, if not all, the original starting areas are already implemented. You can access the chunks surrounding the main IoD chunk, although the are pretty hilly. Maybe it could be turned into some type of test/raid island.

Speaking of adding or changing things, I would love to see if the devs could somehow re-implement the old equipment expertise system. I am really curious as to how that would have played out in the end game. Also, a while back, I mentioned to the devs about how AAs were "partially" implemented. They were able to pull up the AA UI, so there may be hope they can add those after the main game is finished!

Xinux

Lord Nagafen Raider
You can access the chunks surrounding the main IoD chunk, although the are pretty hilly. Maybe it could be turned into some type of test/raid island.
We have the ability to lock and unlock chunks now so they will be closed off at some point and yes those chunks would be nice for custom content.
smile.png

Speaking of adding or changing things, I would love to see if the devs could somehow re-implement the old equipment expertise system.
Someone already asked about that and from what i can tell everything regarding expertise was removed from the client so as much as i would love to have that as a option at this point it doesn't look to good.

Also, a while back, I mentioned to the devs about how AAs were "partially" implemented. They were able to pull up the AA UI, so there may be hope they can add those after the main game is finished!
I've been playing with this on and off some i'm pretty sure i know the opcodes for this but i haven't got anything to display yet in the UI but I'm still going to look into it more as time permits.

Xinux

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well some progress on the AA window when i wasn't even working on it just happened upon it.

Got the AA available,spent and exp bar showing.

rrr_img_81153.jpg

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I remember someone (Silius I think) saying AAs were very far from complete and had a lot of work to be done if they were ever to be implemented.

Xinux

Lord Nagafen Raider
We have no known AA's so anything that does get added will be completely custom. I played around a little more at work today with it and got a little further.

rrr_img_81245.jpg

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Custom DK Feign Death was all the class was missing.

Wish this was closer than a couple of years =((