Vasectomy Inc

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I hear stories that this affects the volume of your load. Is that true? I don't want weak loads.

I think the official line is that it's only ~2% different. Nobody is going to notice that.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Almost 24 hours later, zero pain, feeling good.

Good deal for you.

24 hours later was when the horror started for me.

I had mine done on a Monday, and the doc told me it would be a few days, and I'd need a week off of work. I had concert tickets for Saturday, so I figured I'd be good. The pain was so bad by Thursday that I could barely sleep. Saturday was an ER visit. Ultrasound and all that jazz to make sure that I didn't have any torsion issues (which thankfully I didn't). They sent me back to the urologist on Monday. His line was more antibiotics, more vicodin, and another week off of work.

2 weeks go by and things aren't really better, but I'm outta sick time at work, so I've gotta go back. Constant pain, constant swelling, and more antibiotics. Just take more advil, that will keep the swelling down. I wasn't shitting straight for a month. I was jizzing blood. Completely awful. Then I decided I better get a second opinion, but what they don't tell you is that's almost impossible. No one wants to see a patient that they didn't perform the vasectomy on. I spent the entire morning being told by every urologist in the phone book that I need to back to the doc that did the procedure. I finally ended up getting a guy who would see me halfway across the city.

Thankfully, he was pretty decent, and when I walked in, he said he had spent some time researching my condition...Post Vasectomy Pain Disorder. 3-5% of men get it. They don't know what causes it, and they don't know how to cure it. They can reverse the vasectomy, but there's no guarantee that will work, plus it defeats the purpose of why I did it in the first place. They can remove the epididymis (which was the cause of the pain and the inflammation), but there's no guarantee that solves it. Or they can remove my testicles, but there's no guarantee that will work either. He advised me that chasing pain with surgery only leads to more pain and to discontinue the antibiotics and keep taking advil for the swelling and to give it more time.

It took about 6 months for the daily pain to stop. By which time my stomach was completely wrecked from the NSAID use/abuse. Turns out your body isn't designed to be on 1200-1600mg of ibuprofen for 6 months, but because of all the fucking heroin addicts in this country, you can't get anything else for pain anymore. So then a 6-7 month stint of severe gastritis and ulcers started up, where I was vomiting water and eating sub 500 calories a day for 3 weeks. I lost 25lbs in those 3 weeks, went thru 3 endoscopies and basically got more of the same shit from our fantastic medical community in this country "Well, there's not much we can do except wait it out." Yeah, that sounds great. I'll just be over here eating my 3 crackers for the day.

On the bright side, I now have a near lifetime supply of high grade anti-nausea meds, so that's cool. But yeah, it took me about a year to get to the point where I can say the vasectomy isn't a daily thought in my life anymore. I still occasionally get pain that will make me take a knee, but it's much better than it used to be.

So yeah - know your risks, fellas. Most guys say it's no big deal, but 3-5% has to happen to someone.

iannis

Musty Nester
I hear stories that this affects the volume of your load. Is that true? I don't want weak loads.

Go to burger king and get a bunch of those mayonnaise packets.

If you're having the right kind of sex she'll never see you make the switch.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
3 Months later, zero issues. Just an update due to the talk in the other thread.

Same here. Zero issues, never even took pain pills. Kinda felt vaguely like I got kicked in the nuts for a few days, had sex after 5 days. Can still pull out and shoot it over her head. /score

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Good deal for you.

24 hours later was when the horror started for me.

Man your story rings true for me, sorry I didnt see you had posted this earlier. I probably should have posted here instead of other thread, but as a fellow patient who was ignored I feel for you man. Been dealing with this for years now. Just really sucks that there are men out there with so similar experiences and symptoms and a medical community that still seems rather unaware of what is happening.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Man your story rings true for me, sorry I didnt see you had posted this earlier. I probably should have posted here instead of other thread, but as a fellow patient who was ignored I feel for you man. Been dealing with this for years now. Just really sucks that there are men out there with so similar experiences and symptoms and a medical community that still seems rather unaware of what is happening.

Yeah, I was gonna say something in the other thread, but this is probably the better place for it.

I seem to have had the opposite effect with orgasms...mine have become much more intense in effect and duration now. In 75+% of them, I have a second peak after the initial, and all of them last forever, maybe 30-45 seconds. It wasn't an overnight thing, but somewhere along the way, they changed dramatically.

It was really the only benefit to all of this. Kinda makes up for the whole jizzing blood thing.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
The doctor that did mine had the hottest staff ever.

Staff as in female nurse

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
The doctor that did mine had the hottest staff ever.

Staff as in female nurse

So did mine.

I couldn't figure out a way to ask why and how she ended up at a job looking at dicks all day without looling like a creep though.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Going in for my procedure in about 10 days. Not looking forward to it, but after 2 kids we're done! Hoping I'm not one of the 'lucky' few with horrible side effects.

Worst thing is that I was supposed to go in and have it done yesterday (just in time for March Madness!) but the urologist had to reschedule me for the end of the month.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Going in for my procedure in about 10 days. Not looking forward to it, but after 2 kids we're done! Hoping I'm not one of the 'lucky' few with horrible side effects.

Worst thing is that I was supposed to go in and have it done yesterday (just in time for March Madness!) but the urologist had to reschedule me for the end of the month.
I have said this many times before, but I will say it again. Even with my complications it is/was TOTALLY WORTH IT!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
I have said this many times before, but I will say it again. Even with my complications it is/was TOTALLY WORTH IT!

I totally agree.

Now I can just jizz on her face out of choice rather than necessity.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Had my vas today. I'm about 4 hours post surgery and doing ok. Feels kinda like I got kicked in the nuts, but more of the dull pain rather than intense. Took one of the pain meds they gave me just to make this first phase as easy as possible. Hope to have smooth sailing from here on out.

Did anyone else have a brief almost sad realization as you walked out of the dr office that even if you wanted to have more kids ( we don't!) that you cant now? Probably just my sentimental self.