Veep

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Most sitcoms aren't very funny. I'm looking at you, Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men.

But yeah, I laughed HARD at Veep. Really looking forward to the next season.

I suggest you look at New Girl if you haven't. It's not quite as funny as Veep, but I've been pleasantly surprised. Just try to ignore Zoe Deschanel, because she kind of brings it down a bit. But Nick and Schmidt are comedy gold as characters.
Making sweeping generalizations about comedy is stupid. It is far too subjective and people have vastly different senses of humor so everyone finds different things funny. For example, I think New Girl is stupid as hell, but Big Bang Theory (while not hilarious) makes me chuckle on a regular basis. As a further example, I watched season 1 of Silicon Valley recently due to the high praise here and thought it was very bland. It was entertaining, sure, but it certainly wasn't funny.

Veep, however, remains hilarious for me and I'm eagerly awaiting the next season.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Big Bang Theory (while not hilarious) makes me chuckle on a regular basis.
Silicon Valley...was very bland.
I can't even trust your opinion in the fast food thread now. Everything you have ever said is suspect. I view you as less of a human now and more of a vague mass of fleshy appendages.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I tried watching New Girl with my Girlfriend (it's like her favorite show) and I couldn't find anything funny in it. I tried watching Silicon Valley and thought it was a terrible script with a terrible plot and zero funny jokes. It's too bad because I like most of the Silicon Valley actors in other stuff. I can't last for more then 5 minutes in a Big Bang Theory episode.

Veep is still 100% hilarious. Watched some random episodes on demand this weekend. Laughed out loud the second time around.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I thought it was stupid as fuck. I think there was one joke in the pilot I laughed at. Other then that it was recycled jokes from people being lazy and lame in the 1990's. Like we have heard this before. It was only mildly amusing back then....

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I think you get conditioned to the rhythm of network sitcoms and then if you don't watch them for a while the trick doesn't work on you anymore. I used to watch several sitcoms but now I don't watch anything but animated ones and when I see an episode of something like 2 and a half men it seems like it's from outer space to me. Not only does it not make me laugh, it sort of makes me uncomfortable, like "what is this supposed to be?". Maybe if I watched 10 episodes I could get into it but I have no desire to do so. Even some of the cable shows like Always Sunny in Philadelphia do nothing for me. I did like Silicon Valley though, and I enjoy Veep.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
This show gets no press. I didn't even know the premier was tonight.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
I thought it was stupid as fuck. I think there was one joke in the pilot I laughed at. Other then that it was recycled jokes from people being lazy and lame in the 1990's. Like we have heard this before. It was only mildly amusing back then....
I don't even know how to respond to this.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Was a solid episode, I still don't know how I feel about the "President" tag just yet.
I think she's going to lose the election and go from President to VP again. Give her a taste and then pull it away. Should be awesome if that's how it occurs.

This is probably my favorite TV show right now. JLD, besides being a major fox, is awesome at her witicisms and just the way she handles situations. I was laughing really hard at her shaking hands at the beginning/ending. It was almost like Larry David. "I'm shaking hands with you and looking at you! I don't know why!" Just stuff like that is great.

This 30 minutes was more enjoyable than the 4 episodes of Game of Thrones I watched last night combined.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I know a lot of people on this forum this Silicon Valley is the best comedy on right now, but I honestly think this show is much better. I laugh almost the whole time. So many jokes.

Xevy

Log Wizard
"Ma'am they want to name an apple after you?"
"Is it a good apple?"
"It's a baking apple."
"Fuck 'em."

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
I loved Dan's description of Jonah. "Plus, he's got that whole inherently guilty look. You know, that surprised masturbator face."