Veep

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He's especially great as a totally different kind of awkward nerd in counterpoint to Jonah's style of awkward nerd. Like he was good with Amy, but he's great with Jonah.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
So this show is pretty good?
Yes, just don't go into it hoping to find someone who is likable. As really the strong point of this series is that they are all horrible horrible people. (Kinda like The League, but with politics)

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They're less League/Sunny sociopath style horrible and more insanely jaded and cynical horrible, you know from being in politics for so long.

Still pretty horrible and lacking any kind of real empathy, but very different from those other folks. Selena genuinely wants to do good, and most of the people helping her either want to do good or just want to help her. They're just career politicians and the like, so it's manifested in pretty cynical and awful ways.

Xevy

Log Wizard
This show gives me constant "ha ha"s whereas Silicon Valley is a few "he he"s then one or two major laughs. I'd say they're evenly funny, but in different ways. Also JLD is Queen Milf.

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
I like Silicon Valley a lot but I do think Veep is funnier. It reminds me a lot of 30 Rock where the jokes are just nonstop. Veep and 30 Rock are the only two shows where I felt like I was missing half of the show if I wasn't fully paying attention. Of course, it also helps if you follow politics since so much of it is satire of how things really happen.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The first season was every bit as good as Silicon Valley.

It fell off in my opinion in season 2 and I stopped watching it. Maybe I should catch up.

Xevy

Log Wizard
This last season has probably been it's lowest, but there's still some gems in there. The general bullshittery and jaded cynicism is what makes this great. You have pragmatic old war dogs like Ben, then human dartboards like Jonah, analytical robots like Ken and Sue, cutthroats like Dan and Amy, and then the closest thing to real human beings are probably Gary and Mike. JLD herself is awesome when she's not in public because you can see her do a politican 180 from "Fuck these corn eating retards" to "Oh, I love your tractor!" in 3 seconds.

JLD's interactions with/reactions to common people are all Steve Carrell The Office level quality.

Profundis

J Rock, Jizzy Gillespie, Gaylien, Tinkerballs, Wadzilla, One Erection, The Pointless Giant, The 60 foot virgin, Jonah Ono, Hagrid's nutsack, Scrotum Pole, Transgenderformers, 12 years a slave to jerking off, Benedict
Cuminhisownhands, Guyscraper, The Cloud Botherer, Supercalifragilisticexpialidickcheese, Teenage Mutant Ninja Asshole, and Spewbacca

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Kevin Dunn has been @#$%& money this season.

rrr_img_99610.png

Profundis

I feel like I should have made the connection that he and Nora Dunn were siblings long before I actually did.

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
One Erection and 12 Years a Slave to Jerking Off made me lol quite loudly.

I need to rewatch the ep but I didn't actually get that pebbles at a tank line. Can someone explain it?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The little things from Jonah's assistant fucking kill me. In that deleted scene him carefully pushing in every chair on the way out. Or in the episode credits scene when he raises the wrong hand to swear in and his reason is "I was practicing in the mirror".

That guy is playing that role so well.