Venom (2018)

Devlin

Golden Squire
His size is comic book accurate you fuckin pleb. If there's anything wrong with his proportions it's that he's not bulky enough, and Hardy isn't Bane sized.

View attachment 172323

About the voice...

View attachment 172324

Yeah, Venom is pretty huge in the comics, at least as tall as hulk and depending on who is drawing him even bigger.

Excited as fuck for this movie, I love Venom and this seems like a really faithful representation of the character.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I remember Eddie being a huge buff ass dude, symbiote or not. I guess they have Venom make Eddie bigger because The Mountain wasn't considered for the role.

If Carnage isn't in this one OK. I'd rather they did a Maximum Carnage movie for the Carnage reveal. Surely the suits behind this aren't so out of touch they don't realize the hype of bad ass (R) super hero movies (the right ones, Avengers didn't need to be like this) is basically like printing money these days (the "OMG R rated Deadpool movie" hype was real..).

Devlin

Golden Squire
I remember Eddie being a huge buff ass dude, symbiote or not. I guess they have Venom make Eddie bigger because The Mountain wasn't considered for the role.

If Carnage isn't in this one OK. I'd rather they did a Maximum Carnage movie for the Carnage reveal. Surely the suits behind this aren't so out of touch they don't realize the hype of bad ass (R) super hero movies (the right ones, Avengers didn't need to be like this) is basically like printing money these days (the "OMG R rated Deadpool movie" hype was real..).

Eddie is a stocky, athletic guy anyway but there are two states of Venom in the comics anyway.

The subdued state where the symbiote personality is is supressed and the host is able to fully control the actions and form that the suit takes, this is what you see when it looks like Spider-Man or the more recent Eddie Brock soldier-like version.

The big, ripped version with the scary teeth and the tongue is the when the symbiote personality has control of the host.

• 2Like

Siliconemelons

Thought Venom followed the Hulk route of - the power is INSANE because its uncontrollable!!!

okay he can control it now

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
For a while they struggled by, but Eddie eventually got with the program.

My lasting mental picture of Venom is him from Marvel VS Capcom catching ppl with the venom web (nuh uh, that's bull shit dude, that didn't even touch me).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i've never seen todd macfarlane before. he's sort of a weird dude. i love the sound effects he was making while he was drawing

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
i've never seen todd macfarlane before. he's sort of a weird dude. i love the sound effects he was making while he was drawing

He came to Dallas a couple years ago and hosted the panel with Stan Lee. He's a really neat dude. Loves baseball and the Texas Rangers, even though he's a Canadian.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
He came to Dallas a couple years ago and hosted the panel with Stan Lee. He's a really neat dude. Loves baseball and the Texas Rangers, even though he's a Canadian.

Probably the siren song of one of the most badass players of all time, Nolan Ryan.

• 2Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Don't have a facebook, so can't link the video directly, but here is Todd Macfarlane's take on what he would do differently with the art style. He pretty much agrees w/ everything except how they did the eyes/mouth

Todd McFarlane Reviews Venom's Design From the Upcoming Film

His version is more terrifying somehow. Maybe a stronger trigger on the uncanny valley because its more "realistic" and less cartoon proportion of the version in the movie, I don't know.

It just looked more frightening to me, and may be distracting/startling to the audience.

Jive Turkey

Karen
I wish they did him with more of an underbite and less shiny all round. But I guess the shininess is easier to render than a matte look

Chris

Potato del Grande
Announcing more movies before the first one is out is just a marketing stunt to get you to watch the first one. If it flops there will be no more.

Signing actors up for sequels is standard practice too and means little.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users