Venom (2018)

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Hrmmm... well there is a lot of Venom in that trailer but I have no idea what the fuck the plot is supposed to be other than the obvious "madman creates symbiote, symbiote infects Eddie Brock"

At least they didn't show the whole damn movie in the trailer

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Edit: as stated looks like Riot.

Untitled.jpg

His sizing seems over the top, it's like eddie himself grows almost 2ft in size with longer limbs, like the hulk instead of a suit that wraps around him.

Untitled2.jpg

Lastly tom hardy's voice in this really throws me off, like he's trying to give eddie a unique voice but it's coming out all over the place.

Last edited:

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Lastly tom hardy's voice in this really throws me off, like he's trying to give eddie a unique voice but it's coming out all over the place.

Honestly, this. This throws me off more than anything in that trailer. Like, what sort of accent/voice is that supposed to be? It feels like some B movie foreigner attempt at a New York accent or something maybe?

Fadaar

That guy
Tom Hardy is awesome, and personally I love Venom's voice (looked it up, even though it sounds like it has a hint of Keith David, apparently it is Hardy)

Fyi you're thinking of Lance Reddick, not Keith David. At least that's what I hear in Venom's voice, though Keith David is close too.

Last edited:

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yeah not liking the Venom voice either... hopefully it gets more work done on it, but it could unfortunately be the "accent" he's trying to use that's causing my dislike, which is not as easy to fix.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Fyi you're thinking of Lance Reddick, not Keith David. At least that's what I hear in Venom's voice, though Keith David is close too.
Now that you say that, I hear both of them in his voice. I like the Venom voice, it is the Eddie Brock voice that sucks dick.

I think we're racist for saying it sounds like one of several black dudes though. Just another example of white-washing, using Hardy's voice when they should have given it to a poor black man!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
I think what makes me think Lance Reddick is Hardy's natural accent seems to be a lot more prevalent in the Venom voice. That combined with the tone he uses and the manner in which Lance Reddick speaks I immediately thought it was him after the first trailer. Was surprised to find out it was Hardy himself doing it. I also learned Reddick was in fact American and not British, always figured he was by the way he spoke.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I thought it was Lance Reddick as well until someone said it was Hardy doing both. I think Venom sounds great. Brock not so much.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Edit: as stated looks like Riot.

View attachment 172273

His sizing seems over the top, it's like eddie himself grows almost 2ft in size with longer limbs, like the hulk instead of a suit that wraps around him.

View attachment 172274

His size is comic book accurate you fuckin pleb. If there's anything wrong with his proportions it's that he's not bulky enough, and Hardy isn't Bane sized.

venom2.jpg

About the voice...

kpluhOH.jpg

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I thought his voice was fine as Max. Bane not so much.
One of my previous wow guilds had a guy who could replicate his voice perfectly, all he needed was an empty paper towel roll that he spoke through. Was pretty uncanny. I appreciate the alien-ness they're going for, but was expecting a deeper, clearer syntax. It took like three watches with subtitles before I picked up all of Bane's lines.

Xevy

Log Wizard
People complain about his voice as Bane, but be real: that's the only part of that movie anyone remembers.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Jive Turkey

Karen
Honestly, this. This throws me off more than anything in that trailer. Like, what sort of accent/voice is that supposed to be? It feels like some B movie foreigner attempt at a New York accent or something maybe?

It's the same accent he did in that MMA movie

edit: it was The Drop, not the MMA movie

Last edited: