Venom (2018)

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Hrmmm... well there is a lot of Venom in that trailer but I have no idea what the fuck the plot is supposed to be other than the obvious "madman creates symbiote, symbiote infects Eddie Brock"

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
madman - FINDS symbiote,,, madman experiments on symbiotes ...brock gets bit/infected somehow, madman to prevent brock from revealing everything, tries to capture brock...naturally it all escalates until madman uses experimented on symbote/humans to capture brock (and most likely used it on himself- bets on that boss being Carnage?) mayhem ensues.

Khane

That doesn't look like what's happening at all. In fact, madman doesn't seem to give a shit at all who knows about what he's doing. Look at how many people are in the room with him while he lets the symbiote eat the human subject. And Venom is just running around the city terrorizing people and the cops are trying to catch him.

EDIT: Not that you're wrong. That's a typical plotline. The trailer just makes it seem like there isn't much of a plot at all.

Last edited:

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
I think it's more madman wants to destroy the world with symbiote god. Eddie investigates and is infected then mayhem around the city ensues while Venom and other symbiotes are exploring their power. Boss battle with madman and/or another symbiote then Eddie is jailed to introduce Carnage.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
madman - FINDS symbiote,,, madman experiments on symbiotes ...brock gets bit/infected somehow, madman to prevent brock from revealing everything, tries to capture brock...naturally it all escalates until madman uses experimented on symbote/humans to capture brock (and most likely used it on himself- bets on that boss being Carnage?) mayhem ensues.
Pause it when they're ripping each others' symbiotes apart and you can see it's the mad scientist kid. Definitely not Carnage though.

Khane

I would say spoiler that shit but I don't think it really matters what the actual plot of this movie is. I think it's all about showing off actual Venom and letting "them" be a maniac.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There's definitely scenes in the trailer that shouldn't have been, cue discussion over promo materials spoiling everything but it's out there now and everyone will be talking about it. Very possible that the CGI was unfinished or they used a noncolored version to prevent spoiling the one thing everyone will guess after revealing what that whole plot arc will be...

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was a bit skeptical about the production quality after seeing the first trailer, but the second one has me very excited about seeing it.

Needless

Toe Sucker
wewps wrong thread

Why did they go through with how mumbly eddie talks? it's kind of annoying lol

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm guessing the trailer scenes are intentionally being shown out of context to obfuscate the actual reason for the violence going on.

Caliane

Pause it when they're ripping each others' symbiotes apart and you can see it's the mad scientist kid. Definitely not Carnage though.
kid? Im pretty sure that was just the scientist guy.

And yeah, seem pretty stupid to include that scene. you see the white symbiote, and it peels back in slow motion to show his face.

I have no great ideas why the symbiote is white. not anti-venom or poisons..
PROBABLY a stupid excuse to MERGE the black symbiote, and the white symbiote at the end, and get Venoms spider markings, which are missing.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
kid? Im pretty sure that was just the scientist guy.

And yeah, seem pretty stupid to include that scene. you see the white symbiote, and it peels back in slow motion to show his face.

I have no great ideas why the symbiote is white. not anti-venom or poisons..
PROBABLY a stupid excuse to MERGE the black symbiote, and the white symbiote at the end, and get Venoms spider markings, which are missing.

It's Riot.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It's you. It was pretty easy to understand.

That said, I don't know what to think of this trailer. As of now, I wasn't terribly thrilled with the plastic looking Venom. But at least we know what direction they're heading with him, so that's better than the first trailer.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Tom Hardy is awesome, and personally I love Venom's voice (looked it up, even though it sounds like it has a hint of Keith David, apparently it is Hardy), but I'm still skeptical as to whether or not this is actually going to be any good. It looks like there are some elements of a decent story, but overall it seems to be pretty much exactly what everyone is predicting in terms of plot:

Mad doctor experiments because humans aren't scary enough already, Eddie somehow gets into a super secure building and into super secure areas inside that building that not even employees can easily get into because symbiotes are obviously super dangerous but still Eddie gets infected despite all that security, he spends half the movie trying to deal with/control it while also trying to convince his girlfriend/coworker/whatever that he's not crazy and then when she finally sees Venom he has to try to convince her that maybe he can use its powers for good even though it wants to eat people's faces off, meanwhile a couple of the other symbiotes are purposely/accidentally released/escaped and causing mayhem and purposely/accidentally come into conflict with Venom, maybe even via threatening his girlfriend somehow, and since Venom is both of them there is enough of Eddie there to make Venom try to put them down instead of just letting them murderize everyone like his symbiote wants to do as well, and then mad doctor has to get his hands dirty and we have the big fight, which Venom mostly wins (enough left over for a sequel!) because duh, he's Venom.

I mean, I really doubt it is much more complex than all of that, and that's fine, but there is a lot of room for the execution to just be downright awful if they don't make us give a shit about Eddie or his relationships with anyone else (girlfriend, family maybe?) to give us a reason to root for Eddie instead of just wishing he killed everyone in the movie because they are all stupid and don't deserve to live and it would be more fun watching a Freddy Krueger-esque massacre. Honestly, the two trailers make me feel that it is much more likely to be so light on character and motivation that I will be wishing for murderizing. I hope I'm wrong, but until I hear it is spectacular from you guys, I'm not going to bother seeing it in theaters.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Gonna be too busy re-watching Man of Steel?
Wow, that hurts bro! Right in the ticker.

Marvel has always been my true passion, I just couldn't let Lyrical jerk off to that faggot Batman unopposed.

Although now that you mention it, I'm pretty worried that Man of Steel might actually end up being better than Venom. Seeing as how Venom is (or at least used to be, no idea now) far more interesting of a character than Superman ever was, that would suck all the way around.