Venom: Let There Be Carnage (2021)

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Not a fan of Harrelson as Carnage either, I feel like it its just not going to work. I would've gotten Bill Skarsgard who played Pennywise in the new IT movies instead.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

Venom: Let There Be Carnage’ is officially rated PG-13 for “intense sequences of violence and action“.

• 1Worf
  • 1Salty
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
sony flip flopped again, due to the strong performance of Shang Chi, Venom will now be released Oct 1st instead. theatres only

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
First movie outright lied to me about the unrated version being released.

Trust is hard to build and easy to lose.

I'll wait for some trusted reviews.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
This movie apparently has a 90 minute runtime. That seems super short nowadays.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Venom: Let There Be Carnage’ is officially rated PG-13 for “intense sequences of violence and action“.
Well thats a punch in the balls, there are some people/monsters that just don't do well without that hard R rating. Dredd, Punisher, Aliens/Predators, and a psychopath with an alien symbiote who wants to bathe the world in blood and guts absolutely fits that mold.

I can see Harrelson as Cletus, but if its not R then what I expect to see with people eviscerated is pretty much a no-go. Fuckers

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
"R will make less money"

Deadpool

This is simply more of an effort to "reimagine" and neuter everything

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think Good r rating is less about gore and explicit violence and more about content/context. I don't need to see a bunch of blood and viscera, this isn't a b-rated horror flick. What I do want is carnage to be terrifying. Thats what's hard to do in a pg-rated movie where the rating says it's aimed at teenagers.

Logan, for example had plenty of blood and stabbing and all that, but what made it a good movie was the context about a man loosing his own value at the end of his life. His own desperate search for self-worth and what it leads to.

That's a firmly adult concept that teenagers don't get or care about.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
"R will make less money"

Deadpool

Are you saying Deadpool didn't make less money for being rated R? It's definitely a better movie for it, but to think it didn't sacrifice gross earnings for quality is a pretty retarded take

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Are you saying Deadpool didn't make less money for being rated R? It's definitely a better movie for it, but to think it didn't sacrifice gross earnings for quality is a pretty retarded take

Didn't it make a record amount for them? I thought it was quality enough.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Didn't it make a record amount for them? I thought it was quality enough.

It was the #1 grossing R rated movie, but out of the top 100 grossing movies regardless of rating it sits at #99.

But somehow that disproves the mathematical fact that R rated movies make less

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>

Maybe quality movie projects should get financial support from the government, so they can focus on making good stuff rather then stuff that will sell to a large audience?

Oh wait, we have that and the money goes to movies about diversity and/or political messages.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
It was the #1 grossing R rated movie, but out of the top 100 grossing movies regardless of rating it sits at #99.

Now hold on a minute. I was told it was their #1 grossing movie up to that point?

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Some of the trailers I'm seeing on CN makes this look good. If hardy did help with the script and can translate carnage to live action I'll bow

• 1Seriously?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I was on Youtube and a new video appeared.

What a hunk of shit. I didn't see the first venom, but heard good things about it. This one looks terrible.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Seeing that still image, it made me think of this video from Summoner on the PS2.

That video was more believable than the Venom trailer.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users