Venom: Let There Be Carnage (2021)

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Thought this was just ok. The more venom talked the worse it got.

Carnage is largely fantastic with a couple exceptions and the fighting is a lot better.

Mid-credits scene was awesome.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
Oof, reading some of the minor spoiler-y reviews makes this movie seem pretty terrible. Some gay shit going on which is so stupid in a comic book movie. PG-13 sounds like it pretty much ruins it, how the fuck do you do a carnage movie without any carnage lol

i'll watch when its free on VOD in 45 days or w/e but i expect something worse than the first one, which wasn't very good, just goofy

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Movie was ok, but I was very happy to be in a mostly full theater for the mid credits scene.

Also, at my theater, all the dolby and imax showings were near 100% full today, even the 10pm one I just left.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
7/10 - mid tier for me - not bad - not amazing - id say as good as the first.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
I would give it a 4/10, although I'd only give the first one a 5/10.

Was my sons 13th birthday today, and he wanted to have 5 friends over (3 boys 2 girls) to watch Venom at our house, and then go see this right after. So, 4 hours of Venom for me today haha. All the kids (except the 1 youngest boy, who was 11) liked the first one better. My son said "I felt like half the movie was just Venom and Eddie arguing with each other like little kids, and then there was only like 1 cool fight scene and the movie was over." Which isn't totally right, but yeah, not totally wrong either.

Overall it was fine for what it was, I only laughed once, but smiled a couple of times at borderline funny bits. I wouldn't recommend spending over $100 taking a bunch of kids to see it >_<.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Found the movie to be really weak cinematically: prob could have condensed it all to a 30 - 45 min TV episode. Fun effects and fighting, but story-wise, just felt that nothing changed and was empty.

Didn't like that Carnage isn't directly addressed as the offspring of Venom, one could mistake it as a metaphorical example.
Carnage is also not merged with his suit, which I thought would have helped differentiate him from Venom (Venom should be merged at this point too, but whatever) Carnage being physical bigger than Venom at certain points I found to be stylistically bad.

The best part of this film was the midcredits scene which brings Venom into the multiverse. if that scene were on Youtube for $5, that would have been a better deal.

The scene is far better at building questions for the sequels (why does the symbiote seem to want to kill Spider-man) than any actual scene from the film itself.

I have a feeling, after No Way Home, Venom will be the only character who knows Spider-man's secret identity. Probably get an after credits scene where Spider-Man thinks it's all over, then someone taps him on the shoulder. He turns around and it's Venom who says "Hello, Parker(calling back to "Hello Peter)." as the white spider symbol forms on his chest.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
only shitty webcam versions, i wouldn't bother watching those. It will be out on VOD end of Nov, so expect to see decent webrips mid Nov.

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I didn't watch the first movie because the venom that showed up in the spiderman movie didn't interest me. But this was pretty good. Was the first one funny like this too?

Can someone explain the red one shit? "Oh shit it's a red one, we're fucked!"

Didn't like that Carnage isn't directly addressed as the offspring of Venom, one could mistake it as a metaphorical example.

I know nothing about the franchise but I picked up on that, so I'm not sure what you mean. They said it 3 or 4 times when they first met and even clarified that "No really he is my father (to differentiate between him and the priest). So like what more was there to convey?

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
It was the #1 grossing R rated movie, but out of the top 100 grossing movies regardless of rating it sits at #99.

But somehow that disproves the mathematical fact that R rated movies make less

They did a PG-13 version too. How did that version do?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
They did a PG-13 version too. How did that version do?

Your point is that a re-release in a very limited amount of theaters made less money is proof of anything?

GTFO with that retarded argument

• 1Like

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Your point is that a re-release in a very limited amount of theaters made less money is proof of anything?

GTFO with that retarded argument

There was no point bro. It was a question. You could make a case that the top end for a PG13 only release would be the R release plus the PG13 release. That's why I was wondering how it did. To see if it was significant. Obviously it wouldn't be exactly that because i'm sure some people went to see the second one just to see what they had to do to get the rating.

If it was limited, then I wonder how it did in those limited theaters compared to the R release in the same theaters. I'm sure someone has that info but it's probably not available to us.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
There was no point bro. It was a question. You could make a case that the top end for a PG13 only release would be the R release plus the PG13 release. That's why I was wondering how it did. To see if it was significant. Obviously it wouldn't be exactly that because i'm sure some people went to see the second one just to see what they had to do to get the rating.

If it was limited, then I wonder how it did in those limited theaters compared to the R release in the same theaters. I'm sure someone has that info but it's probably not available to us.

If you're asking me for an detailed analysis, I don't have one for you.

What I can tell you is that a very limited re-release 2 years after an initial run won't give information that can be reliably extrapolated into anything meaningful

Last edited:
  • 1Like

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
is that the biggest opening weekend this year? Spidey 3 is going to be huge. add Ghostbusters 3 in there and Sony is making bank this year.
Compared to other releases yeah, but when you think of how much these cost to make I don't ever get how they don't wind up losing money hand over fist.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Compared to other releases yeah, but when you think of how much these cost to make I don't ever get how they don't wind up losing money hand over fist.
all these movie companies are deep into debt. even Disney is in the red by many billions of dollars.
the key is that its all good as long as money is coming in to pay off the interest, banks will keep lending them money.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
It's a running joke in hollywood that no movie ever makes money according to the books. Are you saying that these studios are really losing money and not *Wink Wink* *Nudge Nudge* "Losing Money" (tm)(C)(pp)?

• 1Like

Xerge

<Donor>
No talk of the post credit scene? Holy fuck. Game changer

Venom pulled into the multiverse and licks spiderman on a tv screen

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users