Venturebeat: Blizzard delays unannounced MMO until 2016, resets whole project

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Sounded like a PlanetSide 2 competitor potentially set in the Starcraft universe despite it originally being billed as an original IP.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
/shrug. Works so far. Will probably work again, at least financially. Blizzard still has a lot of fanboys.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
It would definitely work right now, just look at the number of people proclaiming they wait for that card game. However, I'm not so sure if that method is still viable for releases in 2016 or later which is what we're talking about here.

How long does the "WoW-boom" or "oldschool blizzard can do no wrong" attitude apply? By 2016 it'll be a decade of nothing remarkable coming out of the company from my point of view. How many hold them in high regards for that long despite considering their products merely ok *or* still actually enjoy their products that much and for that long? Between now and 2016 Blizzard will make 1 expansion for SC2 (did HotS make any waves?), continue to try and rescue D3 from mediocrity (eh), make a TCG in the WoW style without mobile support (/boggle) and keep milking WoW. That's not exactly stellar.

Caeden

Thing is, my friends list is FULL of people still playing D3. People act like it was a bomb, but its still have tons of hours logged (anecdotally) and sold a fuckton of copies. D3 xpac will be the test I think. WoW is guaranteed to sell well simply because the sum of those still playing + the sum of those who come back at xpac is retardedly large.

Caeden

I didn't realize Hearthstone didnt have mobile support. That is flat out dumb.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
I also wanna know details on the mmo they canned.
No way am digging the pile of non sense the eqnext thread turned into. The place is the deepweb of mmo masturbation.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I also wanna know details on the mmo they canned.
No way am digging the pile of non sense the eqnext thread turned into. The place is the deepweb of mmo masturbation.
Ugh.. someone already mentioned it on this page...EQN thread has some really good info in it. Don't be a hater... all these threads have some nonsense in them.. I mean, just look at your post=P You're asking a question to something that was answered 5 posts up.. Let's not pretend you're the shining example of how one should post in a thread...

tower

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm not even sure what the Blizzard of 2004 is now to 16 year olds. Valve?

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Titan wiki:

''In an interview with Gamasutra in March 2011, Sams revealed that the game was playable and laid out a vision for the project to "still be growing strong" in ten, fifteen or twenty years, having "set a new mark in the industry."[12] By September 2012, development had grown from small teams focusing on concepts to a team of over 100 people and Blizzard vice president of game design Rob Pardo said that the game was "in the middle of development", noting that it was a "very big project that's got a long ways to go".

A playable version and not 1 leaked video or screenshot. Meh, come on, wheres the juice.

Sorry, rustled the jimmies of an EQnext theorycrafter. Keep in mind they said at soelive that weekly info would be given. Yet all we have in the thread is people who missed their career in game design. Its not an uninteresting discussion, but theres virtually no Eqnext solid info. If i wanted to read theorycrafting id keep up with the 10 new pages a minute but no i wont endure walls of what-if and what-not to find info on a canned game that should be in this thread here.

I love my eqnext theorycrafters btw.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Shit?! Rustles.. Nope just wanted to point out retardation comes in all shapes and sizes.

I'm guessing their Starcraft mmo played a lot like the WoW model and they realized it wasn't enough

Caeden

Minecraft is it for the kids today. Valve and Blizzard matter fuck all to the under...28? crowd.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Still want to see the video of a space goat ghost calling a nuclear strike in front of a Panda marine with a yellow marker over his head.