Venturebeat: Blizzard delays unannounced MMO until 2016, resets whole project

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well you're the expert so you would know.. Shows how little I follow that game now.

rolx_sl

shitlord
Maybe they saw the voxel tech and decided they needed to do something different. You would have to scrap your whole project if the engine wasn't capable.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
In all fairness, EA did also with Rock Band. That whole genre reeked of Wii-flash-in-the-casual-pan. I still see it out at parties from time to time but it is just stale.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
They fucked up guitar hero though. that shit was a hot commodity for a long time, shit, it even made presences in movies and shows at that time if you remember. Everyone was doing it, even grandmas and shit. But like Cybsled mentioned, Activision fucked that license. There was a new guitar hero game every month it seemed. The entire genre just died because of it. You dont even hear of it anymore, and its a shame.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
On the upside, it was probably responsible for getting Rocksmith made, and Rocksmith is pretty sweet.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Does that shit even work? Rocksmith, I mean are you learning how to play?

Im a drummer myself, have been for the better part of 20 ys now and im pretty good at it, but I always wanted to learn the guitar.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'll laugh if and when the numbers come out showing ffxiv overtaking WoW as the #1 most played MMO, meanwhile someone at blizzard decided to scrap this to invest in f2p or whatever.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Is there anything in FFXIV to get people playing past a single month? Outside grinding more jobs, what's the end game like?

spronk

FPS noob
static group: grind a single dungeon 70 times for your t2 gear (~15 mins/run), run a few single boss 8 man raids to key for the real raid, then run the real raid for the top level gear. each new player in your group can be carried through easily to the raid. the current raid is a 5 wing 8 man raid, a 24 man raid is promised for patch 2.1 (along with pvp and daily quests).

solo play: level another job (class) and work on professions, get your relic reborn (weapon) quest slowly done with a lot of wipes and luck, run the single dungeon as much as you can stomach it in pugs (most take an hour+, wipe a lot, and/or just disband), try and figure out ways to make gold (mostly selling stuff to other players)

its in many ways much closer to EQ than wow in core game designs (progression, keying, endless grinding) but its still instanced, heavily encourages and supports solo play, drops are all BOP, and the combat engine is easily the worst of any MMO made to date.

rift, tera, wow, and even swtor are all superior games in design concepts and execution, but there is still something charming about ff14 especially the environments, audio, class design, and some of the dungeon encounters.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
swtor better executed than ffxiv? obvious troll is obvious.

At least ffxiv doesn't start shiting the bed until there are about 50 players/npcs on screen.

SWTOR stopped working after about 20.

If you're only playing 2-3 hours a day, and not skipping quest text, it would take you more than a single month to finish up 1 class to 50 (assuming you're also going to level its subs to max (34ish) for cross class skills also).

But anyways, back to the point, when is someone "in the know" going to spill the beans on what the canceled project was. I never saw any qualms about people talking about Ghost or Warcraft Adventures, what makes titan so hush hush that they can't even discuss the canceled version of it?

Cybsled

Ghost and WC:A had a lot of intentional media reveals back during their dev cycle. AFAIK, Blizzard never provided anything about Titan beyond "it's a MMO".