Venturebeat: Blizzard delays unannounced MMO until 2016, resets whole project

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Someone told me Titan would of been direct competition with PS2 and they didn't feel entirely confident in what they had compared to what was already out (PS2)

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
But now how will I know which Titan main characters become corrupted by Spacemagic?
frown.png
frown.png
frown.png

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maybe they have Spies at SOE and EQN is so badass it scared Blizz..=P

AT what point to the make a WoW successor? Has to be a ton of money in that I would think?

I remember Mark Kern stating in an interview once that he and Blizzard had parted ways because they had fundamentally different ideas in which direction to take the next MMO. So don't expect Titan to be anything like Firefall. Although the rumor I believe was Titan was half TPS/FPS and half social-gaming-lounge.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I think people that had access to the game that gave the negative feedback were also people that had access to other games either present or game that have been recently released. It apparently didn't separate itself enough. I would say the very appearance of Titan looked "behind the times" based on some of things begin touted with new consoles and next gen PC games.

spronk

FPS noob
Bungie (halo) is making Destiny, a new lobby-FPS-MMOlite that is launching early next year for xbox360/ps3/xbone/ps4 but not PC
frown.png
Activision is publishing Destiny. Everything about Titan made it seem like simply a bigger version of Destiny, but years and years away. There are also 4 Destiny games planned (at least). So back to the drawing board for Titan...

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Why does Bungie hate PCs? Even when they did make PC games, they made them for Mac first.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I remember Mark Kern stating in an interview once that he and Blizzard had parted ways because they had fundamentally different ideas in which direction to take the next MMO. So don't expect Titan to be anything like Firefall. Although the rumor I believe was Titan was half TPS/FPS and half social-gaming-lounge.
This.

I heard from someone I trust that Titan was "very" Team Fortress 2ish....which made me double take when I heard it.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
I wonder what, if anything, this does to WoW.

They seemed to have a nice timeline set up with Burning Legion at 95 and the Old Gods / Titans to wrap everything up at an even 100; who knows if/what they pad in between/after.
Just like EQ ended at Planes of Power, amirite?

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Someone told me Titan would of been direct competition with PS2 and they didn't feel entirely confident in what they had compared to what was already out (PS2)
Whoever told you that was feeding you with BS.