Vermintide 2

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yep, that's about where I quit too. Can carry almost any amount of potatoes through champ, but the odds of winning a legendary run in quickplay is pretty low.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I didn't have much trouble winning legendary in pubs, like 50-60% of the time, which I found were acceptable winrates for the most part. They buffed the bots supposedly in this patch so might be able to bot legendary now too. They don't have whitelisted mods yet though so can't use the really good bots yet, at least not to farm gear.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
20180610193032_1.jpg

Muurloen

New patch. New Event.

The Sonnstill Celebrations arrives in Vermintide

sonnstill_screenshot_02_1920x1080-1920x800.jpg

THE SONNSTILL CELEBRATIONS ARRIVES IN VERMINTIDE
New summery update with double XP weekend!2018-07-05
SUMMER IN TAAL’S HORN KEEP
Summer Solstice is on its way and to celebrate this we have updated the Taal’s Horn Keep to reflect the festivity. It’s a perfect opportunity to take a drink or sing a song in honour of Taal. And let’s not forget dancing through flowery fields. Sonnstill Celebrations is live right now and will continue so until July 12.
DOUBLE THE EXPERIENCE
doublexp.jpg

Taal has truly blessed this summer with both joy and new experiences. For a time being heroes will now gain Double the Experience when playing. The blessing will last from 9am PST on Friday the 6th to 9am PST on Monday the 9th.
NEW PORTRAIT FRAME AND QUESTS
sonnstill_frame-deco.png

Among the singing there is of course new rewards to be claimed. For this occasion, we are rewarding players that complete the Sonnstill Event Quest with an exclusive Portrait Frame.
In addition to the Event Quest, we will also be introducing two more quests for the more seasoned heroes. These will be to complete 10 Levels on Champion difficulty for an Emperor’s Chest and 10 Levels on Legend for an Emperor’s Vault.
SONNSTILL STREAM
To get you in a Sunny mood we will be hosting a stream on both Twitch and Steam. Come celebrate with us!

BUG FIXES AND MINOR TWEAKS
  • We’ve made changes to the game sounds which should make it easier to pick out the sounds of Specials – so now that Packmaster won’t be quite as sneaky, as he hides in a horde of lesser Skaven.
  • Fixed an issue where Bardin’s ears would clip through his hats Kladkap and Gorusklad.
  • Fixed an issue with the Charm Trait “Concoction “, where clients would not get all potion effects while using this trait.

Muurloen

They hot fixed the silent blightstormers, leeches, and Burblespew.

We let slip a nasty bug through into 1.1.1 - some enemies were missing sounds, such as the Blightstormers, and the Lifeleeches.

We are resolving this issue, and some of the graphical issues with the Keep.

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed an issue with missing sounds on some Chaos units - Blightstormers, Lifeleeches, Chaos Warriors, and Bungledpatch Silentspue.
  • Fixed an issue with Lohner, and other elements of the Keep, popping in and out of existence.
  • Tuned down the volume of the Globadier - who was a bit loud.
  • Daily Quests which require you to slay enemies "as a party" now correctly award progress to everyone - not just the player who struck the killing blow.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just ran a legendary quickplay with an ironbreaker using 2h axe/grudgeraker and a merc using repeater, and all I could think to myself was 'why the fuck didnt i nope out of this group at the lobby'

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sounds like a winning formula. What could possibly go wrong?

Predictably, slow boss damage meant that a horde spawned up my ass while I was the only one doing respectable damage to the stormfiend (beam pyro), and the two aforementioned idiots were out of positioned when a horde spawned and buttfucked me and the shade. Also now that I think about it I'm pretty sure that dual dagger shade was using a hagbane bow, so yeah I was hanging with a trio of rockstars.

Fatshark really just bungled the difficulty change so badly. Champion is tons easier than Nightmare but Legend is way harder than Cataclysm, but your odds of getting reds in Champion is one in a quadzillion (if its actually possible?). I had well over 2/3rds of the reds in the original just from chaining nightmare.

Muurloen

Predictably, slow boss damage meant that a horde spawned up my ass while I was the only one doing respectable damage to the stormfiend (beam pyro), and the two aforementioned idiots were out of positioned when a horde spawned and buttfucked me and the shade. Also now that I think about it I'm pretty sure that dual dagger shade was using a hagbane bow, so yeah I was hanging with a trio of rockstars.

el oh el

Fatshark really just bungled the difficulty change so badly. Champion is tons easier than Nightmare but Legend is way harder than Cataclysm, but your odds of getting reds in Champion is one in a quadzillion (if its actually possible?). I had well over 2/3rds of the reds in the original just from chaining nightmare.

I think I've gotten a hair under half of my reds out of Emperor Champ boxes. I think I have around 13 of them, mostly necklaces that will never be rerolled or used.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
el oh el

I think I've gotten a hair under half of my reds out of Emperor Champ boxes. I think I have around 13 of them, mostly necklaces that will never be rerolled or used.

Bahah I have 200 hours played to your 252 and have zero reds. The vast majority of my playtime was chaining successful champ runs, too. I guess that was all done prior to the rate increase though.

Feels bad man.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
This is out on Xbox and free on Gamepass. Downloaded it and played through 6 missions so far. Playing as the thief bitch. Good shit.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
^^^ Got it this weekend on Gamepass and played with an old buddy on Xbox. Pretty fun game.

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Im still figuring out the whole Tome and Grimoire system, seems straight forward. During the post game scoring thing, what are all the multipiers for loot?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Im still figuring out the whole Tome and Grimoire system, seems straight forward. During the post game scoring thing, what are all the multipiers for loot?
Haven't played in a while but it's like 50 for completion, 50 for quickmatch bonus, 50 per tome(so 3x50), 75 per grimoire(so 2x75), 25 per dices you find in the map(up to 2 on normal maps, boss maps drop 2 on the bosses so up to 4, last map drops 3 on the final boss so up to 5) and ranald bonus is 5 to 150. Numbers being % of a bar, and you need I think 5 bars for the best quality chest. So it's RNG most of the time unless you do boss maps and get additional dices, although you can guarantee the second best chest with all the side objectives, which is good enough most of the time.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I seriously want to see a recording of the in house testing guys beating Legendary with all these classes and weapons.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I seriously want to see a recording of the in house testing guys beating Legendary with all these classes and weapons.
Streamers can do it so it's doable. I mean I don't watch this game anymore but back when I watched people did solo and duo runs of legendary all the time, and you can easily carry someone naked with 3 people. In fact I remember some runs where some guy roleplayed a pure tank and only blocked the entire level, no attacks, just pushes and block, while everyone else cleared.

Are some weapons super garbage compared to others, sure. Are some classes objectively worse than others, sure. But ultimately the game isn't so hard that no one can beat them besides using the super meta setup. Now pubs is another story, since a lot of pub players aren't very good and shit, so using meta choices is a much better idea, but yeah.

Main issue with this is they fell way way behind on patches because they had to spend like 2months fixing the release, and they haven't touched balance in a fucking long time I think? And they still haven't patched in a bunch of shit they wanted to already have patched in, like dedicated servers and their first DLC and shit like that.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Streamers can do it so it's doable. I mean I don't watch this game anymore but back when I watched people did solo and duo runs of legendary all the time, and you can easily carry someone naked with 3 people. In fact I remember some runs where some guy roleplayed a pure tank and only blocked the entire level, no attacks, just pushes and block, while everyone else cleared.

Are some weapons super garbage compared to others, sure. Are some classes objectively worse than others, sure. But ultimately the game isn't so hard that no one can beat them besides using the super meta setup. Now pubs is another story, since a lot of pub players aren't very good and shit, so using meta choices is a much better idea, but yeah.

Main issue with this is they fell way way behind on patches because they had to spend like 2months fixing the release, and they haven't touched balance in a fucking long time I think? And they still haven't patched in a bunch of shit they wanted to already have patched in, like dedicated servers and their first DLC and shit like that.

If I were rating my skill at this game, I'd put myself at like a 6 out of 10. I feel like I'm good enough to carry my own weight on legendary without being a drag on the team, but don't expect any all-star heroics out of me if things go bad. I could probably push that to a 7 or even an 8 with practice, but there's nothing to learn on pub legendaries that just instantly collapse the first time a horde arrives at a less than perfectly convenient time.