Vermintide 2

Ryoz

<Donor>
Have a closed beta code if anyone wants it - just msg me or post here.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I got into the first one way too late and the player base was pretty shit at the time. Also after playing the hell out of Total War warhammer I’m much more familiar with the setting. Lookin forward to this and ready to slay some chosen!

• 1Like

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Open beta available for all pre-orders. Also another open beta is starting on Feb 28 for preorders with no progress wipe at launch. Normally I don’t do pre orders but it’s supposed to rain here all fucking weekend and at this price point I’ve successfully talked myself into it.

• 1Like

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I have the first one, but only played it for like 10 minutes. Not that I didn't like it, just... didn't play it.

Watched Bikeman play this last night and looked amazing. Big graphical upgrade, and looked fairly optimized. He had a steady 100-70fps (assume well above average specs since he is a streamer), but sometimes dipped to low 20s for a few seconds. Definitely something that looked better with voice though. He spent a lot of time just paying attention to where people went, and whenever he said something like "It would be better if we stayed at X spot!" the 3 other players never did that. Pugs he played ended up looking like 4 players doing their own thing while trying to stay somewhat close together.

That said, even chaotic pugs looked fun.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I'm torn. I love all things Warhammer and I enjoyed the first one despite all the bugs and nonsense to get all the DLC and clear the content up to cata difficulty, but I really wish they changed the engine for this.

Been watching a streamer play and it looks like damage taken is super neglible. Guy was getting beat down by a swarm and his health bar barely moved while playing Kerillian - Waystalker.

Ryoz

<Donor>
Put about 20 hours into this during closed beta... really fun. A bit disappointed with Kerilien's other careers but, waystalker is real solid. If anyone is going to be around at all Friday and this weekend for open beta, add me on steam (Proobz) and we can team up. I have another friend or two who will be around. It's a lot easier to tear through this when you have a decent premade.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This game looks really fun. I am hoping to get a chance to try it on the 28th.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Don't know if the keys are gone but you can get a key super easily in various places for the beta that ends tomorrow. Obviously that's not a lot of time. And the day after yeah anyone with preorders can play on the 28th, and they're not wiping so it's basically early launch.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Game world looks impressive. Wondering if all the ground items like potions / grimoires are static spawns so that they are always at the same spot in the maps?

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So the 28th is not open beta, but early access? I guess I did not see your whole post.

Ryoz

<Donor>
Open beta starts tomorrow at 9 pt and that progress carries over to full release on March 8th.

Last edited:

Ryoz

<Donor>
Game world looks impressive. Wondering if all the ground items like potions / grimoires are static spawns so that they are always at the same spot in the maps?

Grims and tomes are always in the same spot. While some locations always seem to have pots / ammo generally they are random and also dependent on difficulty (higher difficulty = less available).

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Anyone know how the power level stat work?
It's just basically a flat modifier to everything you do. It takes your average hero power to calculate, which uses both hero power from your level(10*level) and from your equipped gear(totalgear/5). There's also "tresholds", your damage doesn't increase linearily but in small increments, for example there's a video of a guy showing normal melee attacks doing 275dmg on body shots at 194 hero power, and then at 195 it bumps to 300per hit, and stays there all the way to 240+(and like 160 is also 275 hits).

It not only affects damage obviously, but also cleave power(amount of enemies you cleave through with horizontal swings) and stagger power.

Basically, the more the better, but if you have a tradeoff between a piece with better mods but lower hero power, you have to go to the dummies and hit them a few times to figure out if you're losing a treshold or not. If you aren't, then it seems pretty irrelevant so you might as well use the lower one with better mods, but if you do it'll generally mean you want to keep the higher power one. Also different weapon types seem to have different tresholds.

Note that power is also gated by difficulty, boxes from higher difficulty have higher caps on it regardless of your level, so you get more powerful gear at higher difficulties(so you can do even higher difficulties, makes sense really).

Finally on the subject of loot and power levels, it seems it's better to keep the commendation boxes(the ones you get for gaining levels) until 25/30. They supposedly scale all the way regardless, so opening them all at 30 would give you a tons of lvl 30 gear, while opening them as you go would give you pretty meh gear which you probably won't need. It isn't super confirmed yet though and might have changed on the current patch. That said you seem to get quite a lot of gear regardless so no big deal.

Last edited:
  • 1Like