Vermintide 2

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Game looks fun as hell. Reminds me of L4D games which I loved. I heard there are like 13 maps?

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I got it yesterday and never played the first so I know I suck too, but I am lucky to complete one in every 5 levels on quick play. At least its fun to try.
Biggest things needed are:
Awareness, watching flanks for group rushes, specials, elites, items, disabled teammates.
Using the spotting for items/specials (more so since witch hunters first career deals bonus damage to them).
Dodging, blocking, and Pushing/Bashing.

Last is, you don't have to kill everything you see. Kills don't matter for items/xp gains.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
2 biggest tips to start with is

Stay with the group and if someone's lagging behind, turn around to check on them every now and then to see if they're about to get fucked and help them, better split 2/2 than 1/3. Don't go exploring shit even if you see a potion unless you really need it. Also ping stuff so your team can see it easier and listen to character voice calls(assassin nearby and shit like that, means start turning around and see if you can find the fucker, tag him and shoot at him).

If anything big is looking at you, Hold block and spam dodges backwards until they stop looking at you. Technically you can weave in attacks and dodges can be used at the right moment instead or preferably side dodges against certain attacks, but the strat works well enough against about everything other than the flamethrower boss, just dodge to the side on this one but that should be obvious from the long lines of green fire you're standing in if you're not moving to the sides. Biggest mistake I see new players do is trying to attack bosses/chaos warriors when they have aggro, you're just gonna get smashed the fuck away and do shit all for damage. Wait for it to turn to someone else, then smash him in the butt. Turns back to you? Time to block. You can easily take 0 damage just tanking a boss even with a shitty tanking weapon like daggers by just holding your block when you have aggro.

Oh and also I guess don't waste your ammo on trash mobs. Ammo can sometimes be very scarce depending on the map and RNG with ammo boxes, and they're pretty much always the best way to kill specials. If you're out of ammo and you have a globedier or a ratling gun firing at your team, you're gonna be in a lot of trouble.

After that there's a lot of stuff that takes time to get used to, especially the melee combat is pretty interesting, but overall for recruit play just sticking to basic rules makes it fairly easy. Also helps once you get better items and start killing shit faster.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So I got this late last night, had it download overnight. Hope to play it tonite.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Picked this up while watching Lirik/Shortty/Waffle/Soda stream co-op, looks pretty fun. Also it was like $1 with steam credit I had.

WTB co-op friends, Brikker on Steam (think I'm also linked here).

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
Left 4 Dead didn't do it for me but I love me some Vermintide, and this one even more than the first. If elves could stop running 100 yards away from the group all the time it would be even more fun tho

Doctor gave me a week off as I managed to stab myself through the nose with a knife so I'm gonna get to play a lot of it! Holy Sigmar, bless this ravaged body!

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Did two quick plays, really fun so far. Started the dwarf first since the tank and the berserker look cool.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Did two quick plays, really fun so far. Started the dwarf first since the tank and the berserker look cool.

Tank dwarf was one of my favorite play styles in the first, sad I have unlock it in the second game though.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Doctor gave me a week off as I managed to stab myself through the nose with a knife so I'm gonna get to play a lot of it! Holy Sigmar, bless this ravaged body!

This must be some story.... lol

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Tank dwarf was one of my favorite play styles in the first, sad I have unlock it in the second game though.
The lvl 7 jobs unlock pretty fast though, the 12 ones take quite a bit longer. You can also equip a shield weapon combo on ranger and just shield bash motherfuckers fine, the only difference between the 2 jobs really is the ultimate for horde control and the fact you can fuck up a lot more times on Ironbreaker due to reduced damage and blocking one hit every 20secs for free. The real reason Ironbreaker is so much better than Ranger imo is because of Drakefire pistols/gun(mostly pistol but gun is fun sometimes). Infinite ammo ranged weapons that do good damage is fucking great to kill stuff with when you don't need to be blocking and pushing.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I'm starting to get a lot of defeats because of shitty team mates. WTB people to play with.