Vermintide 2

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>

Loved the first game, and I can't wait to burn some filthy heretics again.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Game feels really good and will definitely be fun with friends.

I don't like how limited the ammo is, how do you get more? Are there unlocks or items you can buy that increase it?

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Game feels really good and will definitely be fun with friends.

I don't like how limited the ammo is, how do you get more? Are there unlocks or items you can buy that increase it?

In the first one there were ammo crates throughout the level, and weapons could have traits were they had a larger ammo capacity, could refill ammo, or wouldn't consume ammo.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
The unique Skaven drop ammo when you kill them, but I think it might be bugged.

Hekotat

I saw one ammo drop the entire game, seemed like I was melee'ing most the time.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
I always felt I missed out on the original game so I bought this today. Only played a few games but it is pretty fun. The heal-over-time seems a little OP but, hey, technically still in beta. People are already very impatient and bitchy if you don't know where you are going which I think is pretty lulz for a game that is not even technically out yet.

Blood For The Blood God! Or, I guess, Kill The Heretic. Whatevs.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The unique Skaven drop ammo when you kill them, but I think it might be bugged.
It's the Ranger spec passive from the Dwarf. If the dwarf isn't ranger(which sucks so besides having to play as one for first 7levels, you won't see any) it won't drop. It also seemingly sometimes doesn't drop even on ranger but could just be people picking them up instantly or having weird requirements for it to count. It's only 2ammo anyway so it's basically shit.

On ammo in general, it depends quite a bit on the map, some maps have good guaranteed ammo cache placement(currently the field map has a lot, like one next to first grimoire before the barn, one on the bridge leading to the chaos champion before you go down to the last area, one in the last area about halfway) but some have poor placement/low availability(the nurgle marsh map for example has one crate very early on and then one in the very last section, and nothing inbetween that I could see). Classes that rely on ammo have ways to get ammo back via talents though later on, but you can never truly be fully ranged, you have to melee some, even with weapons that have no ammo(they use Heat systems so once you overheat you have to melee or take health damage to cooldown). Those classes also all have double ammo as a passive, but depending on the weapon type this doesn't do all that much.

I always felt I missed out on the original game so I bought this today. Only played a few games but it is pretty fun. The heal-over-time seems a little OP but, hey, technically still in beta. People are already very impatient and bitchy if you don't know where you are going which I think is pretty lulz for a game that is not even technically out yet.

Blood For The Blood God! Or, I guess, Kill The Heretic. Whatevs.

Heal over time is only on Waystalker as a passive(and well there's a talent to give half of it as an aura). It's very powerful early game, much more than pretty much every other passives, that combined to her melee and ranged weapons being great makes her a powerhouse early game, easily the strongest character at lvl 1. As you get higher in difficulties and stuff it isn't as great, like especially after you pick up 2 grimoires and have shit for health anyway so making mistakes gets punished even with the slow heal. Bardin's Ironbreaker is stronger I think in higher difficulties for staying alive, takes reduced damage, has more health and every 20secs(13 with talent) you can absorb one hit for free.

I've been playing the game here and there, it's pretty fun. I'm mostly playing dwarf ironbreaker and elf waystalker so far. Ironbreaker is really nice, love how powerful the shield bashes are for controlling stuff and how tanky he is.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Kinda sad I didn't get the chance to finish the full set of reds in the first one. Kinda annoyed that Kruber's mace was still one of the ones I was missing.

Hekotat

Pretty challenging game, makes me wonder how many maps there are. Could get stale quick without a lot of variety.

YHO

Trakanon Raider
Games fun but I’m curious as to the longevity once you hit max level/max gear.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Picked this up with a few friends hoping it'll give us some Coop entertainment for a while.

So there is a Pre-order beta going on right now? Which do I have to launch to play that? The Closed Test install, or the real install?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Picked this up with a few friends hoping it'll give us some Coop entertainment for a while.

So there is a Pre-order beta going on right now? Which do I have to launch to play that? The Closed Test install, or the real install?
It's the regular one. Closed Test install isn't for anything anymore.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Pretty challenging game, makes me wonder how many maps there are. Could get stale quick without a lot of variety.
They should have 13 maps at launch, at least that's how many are listed in the files. They've shown like 6 or 7, so hopefully they do have the rest ready. It does get pretty boring with so few maps for now, although each run tends to be slightly different depending on when and how many specials spawn. Into the Grain is the most repetitive one because it's scripted heavily in the 2nd part and not much can actually happen, it also makes it the easiest to farm since you don't get nasty surprises right at the end or whatever, like when you're doing Empire and suddenly when everyone's low hp and shit a chaos spawn comes in and start butfucking everyone.

People are so bad at "tanking" bosses when they're being focused, when really all you have to do is hold block, and dodge backwards when they do a slow attack which will break your block/grab you, until the boss switches target and then you attack its back.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Played the beta for 3 hours last night after purchasing, game feels a lot better then the first so far. Also new Chaos specials are mean compared to the rats.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

norp

Bronze Squire
Game is a blast so far. Certainly worth the current price of like 26$. Even quickplay is fine if you don't have any friends.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Game is a blast so far. Certainly worth the current price of like 26$. Even quickplay is fine if you don't have any friends.
Quickplay I wouldn't trust on higher difficultly, just from last night I got paired up with a few to many mouth breathers.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
I got it yesterday and never played the first so I know I suck too, but I am lucky to complete one in every 5 levels on quick play. At least its fun to try.