Vermintide 2

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Have they made optimizations to this game over the last year? I picked it up, but even on the lowest graphics settings, I couldn't get the frame rate up, and it had a "delay" to all movement, and felt floaty. Was kinda weird, but that killed it for me.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Have they made optimizations to this game over the last year? I picked it up, but even on the lowest graphics settings, I couldn't get the frame rate up, and it had a "delay" to all movement, and felt floaty. Was kinda weird, but that killed it for me.
There a couple of pockets here and there that murder my my fps. I'm running a 1060ti.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I suppose I should clarify when I was shit talking the VT2 loot system, it was only for the scarcity and lack of uniqueness in the VT2 reds. Everything else about VT2's loot system is indeed a major improvement.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I played the game fine on my old PC, GTX 770, 8gb ram, i5, so not sure what your problem was unless your shit is ANCIENT or you were trying to run it at max graphics/high resolution with a not so great PC.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
lol. All that bitching about reds and on my second run back after my ~8 month absence I get a red. But it's hammer/shield which is a strong contender for worst weapon in the entire game. At least in VT1 the red hammer and shield had killing blow, which you couldn't ordinarily get on a hammer and shield.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I played the game fine on my old PC, GTX 770, 8gb ram, i5, so not sure what your problem was unless your shit is ANCIENT or you were trying to run it at max graphics/high resolution with a not so great PC.
Yea, not sure. Probably worth another to see if anything has changed.

Muurloen

The bögenhaffen crates were a nice
lol. All that bitching about reds and on my second run back after my ~8 month absence I get a red. But it's hammer/shield which is a strong contender for worst weapon in the entire game. At least in VT1 the red hammer and shield had killing blow, which you couldn't ordinarily get on a hammer and shield.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Cant always get what you want.

It took a ton of hours, and emp vaults and comms chests, to finally get this look.

20190304231103_1.jpg

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Btw some article revealed the weapons they're adding with the DLC:
Bardin gets throwing axes(that apparently can be picked up after throwing them, unsure if it's a melee weapon with a limited range capability where you have to go grab them again to even melee again or if they respawn after a while if you don't pick them up or whatever)
Kerillian gets a "shield". No other details, so it's likely to be spear+shield, since that's a core combo of the elves units in Warhammer.
Kruber gets a spear, meh
Saltz gets a billhook, which sounds cool and he can use it to grab stuff and drag them a bit
Sienna gets a burning flail

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Cant always get what you want.

Oh I know, it's more funny than anything else. After repeated bitching about never getting reds, I get one within an hour of reinstalling the game, but it's terrible and about as unusuable as a weapon gets in VT. Like the game is trolling me.

Muurloen

That is the mutation this week.

Good ol'Ranald makes you a a bomb, think Baron Geddon in MC. It shouldn't kill you, but that is hilarious.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
That is the mutation this week.

Good ol'Ranald makes you a a bomb, think Baron Geddon in MC. It shouldn't kill you, but that is hilarious.

Didn't help that they were playing twitch mode, took them three tries to get a completion.

Muurloen

Twitch mode is a great feature. If you play the game long enough you notice some static spawns of either patrols or outright monsters. On legend, twitch mode gives a nice dynamic feel to the game.

To further it even more, legendary deeds + twitch is oodles of fun.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Got 3 red items last night out of 6 chests! I had a crazy good group, where we got emps chests even before that last Ranalds thingy kicked in. Got my shield finally!

aaaa.jpg

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I'm pretty interested in seeing how Kerillian's combat will be with Spear/Shield. That could be really fun as handmaiden.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'm pretty interested in seeing how Kerillian's combat will be with Spear/Shield. That could be really fun as handmaiden.
There was a meme on reddit that's scarily accurate though, on one hand, it's a Kerilian weapon so it should be pretty good, on the other hand, it's a shield weapon so it's probably going to be pretty bad. Shields are pretty fun but also kinda not very good versus just killing stuff.

• 1Like