Vermintide 2

Slap

Trakanon Raider
I snagged this game today. It was on sale on steam for $7. Gonna load it up tonight when I get home from work

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Paid, its an expansion.

Side note, the game crashing on me when something gets pinged. So I havent been able to play the new map yet.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Is it worth getting into this game at this point? I enjoyed the original for a bit, but also got into that game late. By the time I started playing I guess everyone was in maximum efficiency farm mode, I would get kicked out of lobbies for even attempting to fight the monsters. Everyone knew where the tomes and whatever else were and they were just speed running the levels without engaging enemies at all. Ended up basically playing with bots until I got bored, don't want to do that again

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Is it worth getting into this game at this point? I enjoyed the original for a bit, but also got into that game late. By the time I started playing I guess everyone was in maximum efficiency farm mode, I would get kicked out of lobbies for even attempting to fight the monsters. Everyone knew where the tomes and whatever else were and they were just speed running the levels without engaging enemies at all. Ended up basically playing with bots until I got bored, don't want to do that again

I think it will still be a good time to play, especially with the new expansion coming out things will pick up again.

Muurloen

Seems like there is a lot of negative feedback on Reddit for this expansion.

Biggest complaints it seems like the time to kill has been increased across the board, temp health gaining is non-existent, and crashes.

IF the game's time to kill is stupid, this game will be a mess. On the modded realm, I did a few onslaught games as Slayer Bardin.... after it was all said and done, I had well over 15k damage done, 1000+ kills and a very very ache wrist from all of that clicking. While it was a challenge, it was not fun.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The $7.49 Steam sale was too cheap not to buy. So, I am in. Hoping I can convince a couple of my friends to buy it as well.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Biggest complaints it seems like the time to kill has been increased across the board, temp health gaining is non-existent, and crashes.

Why did they keep messing with this shit after the first big balance patch? The game was in a REALLY solid state after that. Hearing that they've been messing around with fundamental gameplay elements even more makes me not want to play it again.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Muur's review is disheartening. Guess I'll sit this expansion out a bit and see if it improves.

Muurloen

I wouldnt call it a review since I haven't played it myself.

Call it relaying complaints I am reading on reddit about the expansion.

For instance:

1565211325517.png

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Why did they keep messing with this shit after the first big balance patch? The game was in a REALLY solid state after that. Hearing that they've been messing around with fundamental gameplay elements even more makes me not want to play it again.
The current game(or well before the patch) was a bit too "action-y" for what they wanted, good players could basically dodge around everything and mow down even the highest difficulty shit(as in, modded difficulty) solo and what not, and they thought they'd curb that, while at the same time making some weapons that weren't too good useful for something(shields for example since they can medium stagger a bunch of shit right away iirc). That said when they started the beta the outlook wasn't very good on the changes, and it seems they didn't change much after that. I feel this is similar to what they did at launch where they took forever to fix a lot of shit people were asking right from the start.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
The current game(or well before the patch) was a bit too "action-y" for what they wanted, good players could basically dodge around everything and mow down even the highest difficulty shit(as in, modded difficulty) solo and what not

Oh no, how terrible. 🙄

Muurloen

So my crashing issue culprit was on my side of things. The improved mod that allowed the bots to tag specials/elites/monsters was crashing me.